Warning: [Removed by Support] is a thief

ur own responsability ...... sorry
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
the solution is :

player must rate the trade (0 to 5 or whatever) they made and the medium trade rate should appear in trade window and trade site for each player...so,everyone should know the honesty of who they are trading about.

i guess low rated players wouldn't get many whispers....
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
the solution is :

player must rate the trade (0 to 5 or whatever) they made and the medium trade rate should appear in trade window and trade site for each player...so,everyone should know the honesty of who they are trading about.

That's not a solution.
People would just trade between their other accounts or friends and rate them 5.
what's in the trade screen is getting traded. period.

how should a gaming company verify what you wanted to trade originally? reading chat logs all day?

you fucked up and should deal with it. be more careful next time
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
the solution is :

A system like that would be so open to abuse and it's also utterly pointless because we already have a trade system that prevents us being scammed in the way the OP was.
Does a sticky thread / guide exist somewhere that highlights typical scamming patterns, though?

I guess many experiences could be turned into general advice, for example "do trades one after another, never split your attention between several trades" from this particular thread.

Maybe GGG could even add some in-game feature for that. Arming people with some general knowledge of typical scam patterns before they do their first trade couldn't hurt (anyone but the scammers) IMO.
"
SamothD wrote:
Does a sticky thread / guide exist somewhere that highlights typical scamming patterns, though?

I guess many experiences could be turned into general advice, for example "do trades one after another, never split your attention between several trades" from this particular thread.

Maybe GGG could even add some in-game feature for that. Arming people with some general knowledge of typical scam patterns before they do their first trade couldn't hurt (anyone but the scammers) IMO.

There have been several comprehensive posts on here and on Reddit listing all the common scams but the vast majority of players are never going to read them. Would most people would bother reading it if it was in game? I doubt it.

GGG could put a big flashing message at the top of the trade screen reading "ALWAYS CHECK THE CONTENTS OF THE TRADE WINDOW BEFORE PRESSING ACCEPT" and people would still get scammed.
So, how is being scammed here any different from the bazillion Nigerian Bank fraud types of scams that are ever present? I mean, come on now, this is 2019 and it's more of a "if it's too good to be true" buyer beware world that ever.

But seriously, it is always a "buyer beware" market, whether in the real world or here, in PoE land. Getting scammed is always bad but GGG can't ban an account just on another player's word. All hell would ensue if GGG started doing this based on another's word alone. You have to examine the stats of the item's you are buying before clicking 'accept'. It's your fault for not doing so the 2nd time and QQ'ing to GGG about this is just wasting their time.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
RandallPOE wrote:
There have been several comprehensive posts on here and on Reddit listing all the common scams but the vast majority of players are never going to read them.

Ah yes, I suspected that would be the case. I've never looked into trading myself, therefore I didn't know for sure, though.

"
RandallPOE wrote:
Would most people would bother reading it if it was in game? I doubt it.

Well, one thing is for sure: You could hit some people over the head with a huge sign, and they still wouldn't notice anything. :D

Still, even if we accept the fact that some people just cannot be reached, one can wonder if the best attempt was made to reach as many as possible.

If you look at machine safety, there will always be people who manage to get themselves hurt no matter what, but these days there are pretty refined safety measures such as a machine requiring you to press two buttons with two hands to draw in material so that you can't get your hand stuck in the machine. Release one button, and the machine stops moving.

Such measures don't work based on signs and instructions posted somewhere (which can - and will! - be ignored), but on inherent safety by practically eliminating the possibility to do something really, really stupid.

I'm not sure if anything along these lines would be possible/practical for PoE trading in addition to what's already implemented, though.

Well, to contribute more than my rambling to this thread, here is one of the guides that Randall mentioned - in case anybody reads this who is going to trade and fears being scammed.
Last edited by SamothD on Feb 14, 2019, 6:11:19 AM
They should change the "Accept" button to read "Accept the fact that if you're a lazy person, no matter what we do you're going to be scammed. Please take the time needed to check the items in the trade window and don't blame us if you don't."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info