Warning: [Removed by Support] is a thief

"
I wrote... why greedy, why ALL of them?
It's right there, before what you're quoting, you're not confused by the plethora of words, you're plain confused mon ami.

I wouldn't dare say... trusting people is something worthy to strive for, not in the 21st century, hell no way, let alone preaching and teaching anything to anyone, especially about how to behave, I already mentioned I'm plain evil, it's right there, after what you're quoting.

But like it or not, trust is a good quality, and that kind of good folk still... live amongst us. I don't belong to those people.

I belong to the people with a tendency to... erratic behavior, so it's perfectly understandable for you, and others like you, not to trust me... at all.

Pax et Bonum

It's interesting, i am inclined to think you haven't given things like "trust" much thought if your mindset is.

"trust is a good qaulity", which is an absolute and clearly fly's into the face of reality on many occasions.

Then again, you say that your not among the people that follows the "trust is good" rule, so i can understand the logic in stating that absolute, while refuting to live by it yourself.(acting out the opposite of what you claim)

I am sure scammers from all around the world would agree with your sentiment.

Trust me on that <.o

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : to be clear, i might come over a bit confrontational but i am just wondering why "people that more easily trust" somehow have a moral advantage over people that do not.

I don't think reality matches up with that perception and i'm curious how you came to that.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 15, 2019, 6:15:06 PM
Oy, or is it oi? (an Aussie mate might [pun intended] help us here)

You lost me there, buddy, I find it hard to follow you, ye follow?

I think my english is okayish, at least last time I checked was so, and I'm not particularly fond of ASCII emoticons, or any good at using them for that matter, I belong to a generation enamored to pen and paper, I like the touch of it, I like the smell of it, I didn't learn those when learning my ABCs, so you'll have to excuse my ignorance...

So let the scammers from all around the world be summoned, agree, or disagree or whatever, I hate repeating myself and I tire easily.

One last thing though, Your Name is always visible ---that-a-way------------->
No chance to miss it, none whatsoever.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the right term in english is redundant, to use it at the end of every single post, I mean, it's like after every single statement in live conversation, you end it saying "It's... me, myself and I, and this is my name, and it's mine alone".

"Ipse dixit" n all that crap, which is the exact translation in latin of "autos epha", unless of course you're somehow an avatar of... Pythagoras himself!
Ἀρχή Σοφίας ἡ τῶν ὀνομάτων ἐπίσκεψις -Ἀντισθένης ἁπλοκύων
I shared my 2 cents about this long ago.

GGG developers created an awesome method:

In order to make the transaction, you must click on the item, and click on "accept".

so no "oopsies" will occur.

Each player should do a voluntary action (the click on the item), and another click on the "accept".

if you read what item you got, there is no way to get scammed (unless the seller overpriced, and the trade system can't deal with that).

I don't know many transaction based system in the software company that are so good and so anti-scam oriented.

The so called scammers, trust the laziness/stupidity/whatever of the buyers - they know people don't like to READ (notice how many ppl ask questions in global, when the answer is in the wiki).

If you don't want to read, and you click an item without reading, the most basic thing in the trade, the essence of the trade if i may use this word (lol), why should GGG protect those who don't read, and abuse the trading system, and punish those who took a shot of other's laziness/stupidity?

An additional warning screen won't help either - if you didnt read the item, why would you read the warning?

"
Ofirdr78 wrote:
I shared my 2 cents about this long ago.

GGG developers created an awesome method:

In order to make the transaction, you must click on the item, and click on "accept".

so no "oopsies" will occur.

Each player should do a voluntary action (the click on the item), and another click on the "accept".

if you read what item you got, there is no way to get scammed (unless the seller overpriced, and the trade system can't deal with that).

I don't know many transaction based system in the software company that are so good and so anti-scam oriented.

The so called scammers, trust the laziness/stupidity/whatever of the buyers - they know people don't like to READ (notice how many ppl ask questions in global, when the answer is in the wiki).

If you don't want to read, and you click an item without reading, the most basic thing in the trade, the essence of the trade if i may use this word (lol), why should GGG protect those who don't read, and abuse the trading system, and punish those who took a shot of other's laziness/stupidity?

An additional warning screen won't help either - if you didnt read the item, why would you read the warning?

ok, I understand what you say.
But if you read what I wrote, you will find that it made me scammed.

GGG could improve object transitions by putting a function:
"Payment on delivery" with the seller who sets the amount.

They would solve all these problems and there would be no complaints.
Last edited by MaxFactor on Feb 18, 2019, 5:53:31 AM
what do u mean "paying on delivery"?

u pay the second u get the item? thats what happened - u just found out its not the item you wanted.

care to elaborate about your suggestion?

"
"...there are still greedy folk who are robbed by scammers..."

You sound pretty sure there amigo, using those big words, "greedy folk", why greedy, and especially why all of them?

Why not naive, still trusting, decent, gentle, sincere, nice or even good folk? There must still be around that kind of people, don't you think? Folk that don't have second thoughts, saying one thing, when thinking exactly the opposite.

Why not naive and still trusting? Because it is perfect example of greed :) Let’s assume something is “quite expensive”, like 8 ex or so, but not “very expensive” (above 20ex), where items are usually carefully checked. Let’s assume such item is listed for 5 or 6 ex instead of 8, while it is known, seller can sell if for higher price without any problems. In such cases, the buyer begins to be guided by pure greed. Like „Oh, it is significantly cheaper, I have to buy it before someone else does it, or the seller will change his mind. Fast, fast! Accept transaction and run away. Really simple mechanic. And then… OMG, people, help me! Removed by Support robbed me! Do something, ban him, burn him, impale him and squash with cyclone. As usual :P
This wasn't even a trade scam. It was "I have a hideout spawned and you can pay me to be my friend!" It's pitiful.
"
Foogalicious wrote:
These threads depress the shit out of me. Between the countless "it's your fault, sucker" replies all the way to the "scamming is good and part of the game" posts, it makes me weep if not for humanity, then for this game's playerbase. Add the occasional "it's all because of entitlement and political correctness, somehow" dumbfuckery, and it's enough to send me into despair.

Saying it's their fault isn't done out of empathy for the scammer, but for the one that got scammed. If you can't grasp that concept, I understand your despair. My condolences, it'll be a hard life going forward in the world we live in.

Pampering doesn't prevent victims, it creates them, which in turn affects the way we handle things or even think about things on the subject, with more victims in agreement with each other. This is generally what is happening in our western culture right now, and your mindset could be evidence to the fact.

Victims should be limited to the cases where people really can't control the outcome, like the poor people in an earthquake, flooding, volcano or hurricane. People who were forcefully abused, wrongfully accused, judged and discriminated against. The list goes on and each false victim devalues the suffering those people endure, only because there are those that would take advantage for something that was within their control, by their choice, their greed, which inevitably backfired.

Food for thought?
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Feb 18, 2019, 8:10:42 AM
"
Ofirdr78 wrote:

u pay the second u get the item? thats what happened - u just found out its not the item you wanted.

(Sorry for my english)
If the seller has an item that costs 6EX, opening the sales screen should show the price.
On the buyer's screen the green should light up reaching this price.
"
MaxFactor wrote:
"
Ofirdr78 wrote:

(Sorry for my english)
If the seller has an item that costs 6EX, opening the sales screen should show the price.
On the buyer's screen the green should light up reaching this price.

No.... on so many levels no...
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info