Warning: [Removed by Support] is a thief

Hello,

I had a problem with the character [Removed by Support] (I suppose [Removed by Support] account name). He scammed me more ore less 5ex, and it was thought well.
These are the phases of the scam:
1) He attracts people with a low price of an item (In my case he was selling a corrupted legacy energy from within 12% increased energy shield at 79 alchemy, screenshot attached)
2)I whispered him for buy the item, but he said that the price was wrong. So he said me if I was interested to buy it for 5ex
3) I check the price on poe.trade and I see that is a good price, so I contact him back to deal the trade.
4) I go in him hideout and i do a trade. I put 5ex and he put the corrupted energy from within 12% increased energy shield
5) He cancel the trade and ask me if I can give him 20 chromatics in plus because he need to change the color of an item.
6) I accept to give him the chromatics, start a new trade, but this time he putted the 6% increased energy from within instead the 12% .
7) At the end of the trade he is logged of.

I know it's my fault beacuse I didn't checked the second time but I think he was thinking to scam more people other than me and I would like that someone can ban him.

I will attach some screenshots about the fake price on poe.trade and the chat with him.

I hope you can help me, because 5ex is hard to make in this game, I play since 5 years ago and these things give me some reasons to stop playing it.

Thank you for your avaialibility.

Best Regards
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Feb 13, 2019, 5:43:16 PM
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2019, 1:20:50 PM
Lol I still dont understand how people fall for this "scam". The only person that is at fault in this situation is you. You HAVE to look at the item before trading. When you are dealing with multiple exalts, and dont bother to check if the item is correct, you get what you deserve.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Fuuuuck, [Removed By Support] strikes again. Can ANYONE stop this scourge of civility and decency!?

[Removed by Support] has been known to be in various places at the same time, Charan. How would we even begin to stop someone capable of that?
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
They really should add a requirement that you check the item in the trade before you hit accept so that problems like this would be the total responsibility of the people involved in the trade and not GGG's problem at all. Really should.
Well, league name is Betrayal, what did you expected from players? :)

Jokes aside, welcome to PoE. This is how trading was designed to be - everyone can try to scam you with no negative consequences for scammer. The only noticeable thing GGG do is protecting scammers by censoring scammer's names.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
The "GGG is protecting the scammers" is old. They're not. They're protecting all of us from griefers who would trash your reputation just for the shits and giggles. The no "name/shame" policy protects all of us. You choose to see it as "protecting the scammers" but it's not. You can point out the scam... as this one is done 50 times a month. You just can trash people. No. Matter. What.

So point out the scam and advise others to be more careful. That's fine. That "hurts" scammers. They're not being protected from that.

What they are protecting is people from having their reps destroyed by teams of dicks that are so common on forums like these. They'll have to find some other way to show off their superiority.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The "GGG is protecting the scammers" is old. They're not. They're protecting all of us from griefers who would trash your reputation just for the shits and giggles. The no "name/shame" policy protects all of us. You choose to see it as "protecting the scammers" but it's not. You can point out the scam... as this one is done 50 times a month. You just can trash people. No. Matter. What.

So point out the scam and advise others to be more careful. That's fine. That "hurts" scammers. They're not being protected from that.

What they are protecting is people from having their reps destroyed by teams of dicks that are so common on forums like these. They'll have to find some other way to show off their superiority.

Yeah, scam all you want but ruining reputations is too far even for a cutthroat game! After all, Wraeclast is otherwise known as the SJWland!
Cast in the name of god

YE guilty.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They really should add a requirement that you check the item in the trade before you hit accept so that problems like this would be the total responsibility of the people involved in the trade and not GGG's problem at all. Really should.

Yeah, that.

Mouseover the item, select it, hit "verify" then proceed with the trade.

But I'm sure people will still complain. ... somehow.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
"
Unquietheart wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Yeah, that.

Mouseover the item, select it, hit "verify" then proceed with the trade.

But I'm sure people will still complain. ... somehow.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, as you already have to check the item before hitting accept.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info