Please remove/repurpose the XP gain penalty

"
Fruz wrote:
"
TheNightFly wrote:
Of course the point of this is to increase XP gain but only from the horribly nerfed level it's at now back to normal and only when you're fighting NPCs that are outside the current level limits. That's not going to allow anyone to level to 100 in a day. It might allow you to level up to 80 in a day in standard league if you really hustle, ignore all the side quests and ignore all the loot. Level 100 would still take a month in standard league, or the better part of a year in HC.

You seem to be waaayy off.
People already level to 80 in day, actually closer to 90 in a day than 80 for the top players .... from scratch ( and definitely hit 90 on day 2 ).

Well my ego just took a huge hit.
"
Fruz wrote:
People already level to 80 in day, actually closer to 90 in a day than 80 for the top players .... from scratch ( and definitely hit 90 on day 2 ).

um no, it's not 'people' who do that...
Last edited by TheNightFly on Jan 14, 2019, 1:12:15 AM
"
TheNightFly wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

um no, it's not people who do that...

lol!

Do you think that streamers are using bots to play the gamei instead of themselves and just show their faces, to pretend that they are playing when they are actually not ?

Seriously, you might be new to this game, but one thing is clear : you lack quite a lot of experience if you cannot understand the fact that many people get to 80~85 on the first day of a league, or even higher.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:

Do you think that streamers are using bots to play the gamei instead of themselves and just show their faces, to pretend that they are playing when they are actually not ?

He is probably suggesting that people playing the game 20 hours per day at league start invest an unhealthy amount of time and show a behavior that is very bot-like or non human.

At least a behavior that should not be considered the base line for an argument.

Let's make it 20 hours for the 10 acts, another 10 to get 80, 20 more to get 90.

50 hours for a non racer with the occasional deaths, running non optimal content on a non optimal build with non optimal playstyle (like grinding atlas a bit longer than expected until chaining red maps, dicking around in acts too much for useless side quests, wasting a bunch of time in his hideout, not playing zoom-zoom build etc).

At 3 hours a day (which is still a lot), that is about 3 weeks.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 8, 2019, 12:24:36 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

He is probably suggesting that people playing the game 20 hours per day at league start invest an unhealthy amount of time and show a behavior that is very bot-like or non human.

At least a behavior that should not be considered the base line for an argument.

Let's make it 20 hours for the 10 acts, another 10 to get 80, 20 more to get 90.

50 hours for a non racer with the occasional deaths, running non optimal content on a non optimal build with non optimal playstyle (like grinding atlas a bit longer than expected until chaining red maps, dicking around in acts too much for useless side quests, wasting a bunch of time in his hideout, not playing zoom-zoom build etc).

At 3 hours a day (which is still a lot), that is about 3 weeks.

He literally implied that "things" that level to 80 in a day are "not people".

About people who invest a significant amount of their time in the game and play it with optimized character .... this is a discussion about balance, and balance is of course based on optimized builds.
Somebody not playing the game in an optimized way takes 50 hours to reach lvl 90 ?
Fine, no problem with it.
Someone starting the game with no clue on how it works will take 100 hours ?
No problem.
But making the game easier because some people don't know how to optimize their character(s) ?
No, of course not, hell no.
Those people need to get better, it's not the game that needs to be easier for them.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
While I agree on the conclusion (the game does not need to be easier, xp penalty is good), I still don't think it is helpful to base an argument on the numbers of the 1% at the top.

They are not the norm, and dropping their numbers only derails the topic.

When discussing health insurance, I would base it on average income of normal citizens, not on the average CEO.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I think that in this league with syndicate spawning from nowhere and shotting you, also when you actually see one there are 3 fusing in the same mob, xp penalty is a pain.
Not everyone is doing a tanky build, not everyone plays like you "pro" more than 3 hours a day, not everyone plays in guild or team. I'm not against xp penalty but it should be reduced, I'm ok in farming a lot for levels, but not to be stuck in the same level for your random syndicate members spawning from nowhere.
Yes you can avoid the syndicate fortresses or carriages, but to be shotted from nowhere and losing so much xp everytime?
Call me noob, call me stupid or whatever you want, maybe you are a "gifted", in my opinion everyone is firstly a noob, and it should have the right to enjoy a game, or maybe you just play too many hours, and you dream of a game of only "hardcore players", sorry but every game in the world has "normal" players.
I hate xp death penalty especially when I reach lvl 90+ and that my mapping progression is not on part with my current level.

I mean dying at 90+ running t8-t10 is a fucking chore to get your xp back, but if you are running t12+ map its less of a problem but that discrepency get worse at you level higher.

But I think one of the problem is that its to easy to reach lvl 90 and that the leveling progression vs the mapping isnt really good (see breachstone now in betrayal)

Also another thing I hate about xp penalty is that its prevent me of tackling some content assuming I might die because I will lose xp progression so I end up waiting to level and I hate that.

If you think the XP penalty is good, I have more good ideas.

1. All life recovery goes negative for 2 seconds when you get stunned.
2. Lose 80% damage on low mana.
3. Take 300% reflected damage on low energy shield.
4. Lose consciousness and collapse to the ground on low life.
5. A 20% chance that Argus will spawn when you open a container.
6. Lose all gear and gems on death.
Last edited by TheNightFly on Jan 14, 2019, 1:13:41 AM
"
TheNightFly wrote:
If you think the XP penalty is good, I have more good ideas.

All life recovery goes negative for 2 seconds when you get stunned.

Lose 80% damage on low mana.

Take 300% reflected damage on low energy shield.

A 20% chance that Argus will spawn when you open a container.

Lose consciousness and collapse to the ground on low life.

Lose all gear and gems on death.

That has zero comparison you're just literally making shit up lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info