Please remove/repurpose the XP gain penalty

"
TheNightFly wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

COME ON DUDE
stop missing the point.
you did not even lvl a gem to 20...
why do u expect us to trust your word when you say i have experience..
giving some random stats means nothing when i can clearly see what you did in this game and u did not do much at all..

i have a few gem at level 19, does that count..

so the handful of stats you copied from my account clearly show the whole picture but the massive mountain of stats that i copied from the same source are random and meaningless..

i think maybe you don't have a point, just an anterior motive..
how can we trust anyone who has 100% after >2 years..
heck you already have a level 100 char in Betrayal league..
that's some hax right there..

I completed this game and understood what this game was about after taking 1 year of beating. I am pretty confident when it comes to my experience.
But could you say that about yourself?
Can you reveal how much time did u put into this game?
You might have joined this game at start but its not about when you started. Its about what u did with ur time in this game.
Dont get me wrong, we are not trying to insult you. Our point is simple:
you simply lack the experience to give out feedback about gamebalance.
Thats it. You did not play this game intense enough to understand how complicated things can get. again this is not an insult, its just an information out there to see for everyone and we are just pointing out the facts.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
TheNightFly wrote:

I think that you are genuinely not aware of this, so for your information:

The bests and most dedicated players can now get to level 100 in about a week, in SSF HC ( which is the hardest 'mode' outside of private leagues )
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jan 14, 2019, 3:15:53 AM
"
robmafia wrote:
*sigh*

this isn't about the death penalty

this isn't about a currency penalty

i mean, it's still a dumb topic. but...

this thread is 9 pages. ~7 seem to be people arguing about the death penalty.

poe 2019. no wonder the syndicate was nerfed twelve times or whatever.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Fruz wrote:
"
TheNightFly wrote:

The bests and most dedicated players can now get to level 100 in about a week, in SSF HC ( which is the hardest 'mode' outside of private leagues )

4-5 days actually. They are truley the pros here. King Aila (ailatwplayer) is my PoE hero...That said why not make everyone happy? I build swimming pools for a living. Some want 500,000 ones some 40,000. I don't say hey you broke fucks buy the 500,000 ones when someone wants a 40. I make ppl happy. GGG should too

I have no problem with no death penalty. I wouldnt play it. I want a lose a level on death SC so it's a little visceral but not quite HC
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 15, 2019, 8:36:16 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
TheNightFly wrote:

4-5 days actually. They are truley the pros here. King Aila (ailatwplayer) is my PoE hero...That said why not make everyone happy? I build swimming pools for a living. Some want 500,000 ones some 40,000. I don't say hey you broke fucks buy the 500,000 ones when someone wants a 40. I make ppl happy. GGG should too

I have no problem with no death penalty. I wouldnt play it. I want a lose a level on death SC so it's a little visceral but not quite HC

If you were proposing 500.000 ones for the 40.000 price, do you think that some would tell you "no, I want the 40.000 one, because that's whay I am paying for" ?
That would be like remove the xp penalty due to overleveling, and then telling people to self challenge themselves by ... let's say only kill half of the monsters, or not being allowed to run anything that is less than 5 levels below their level unless they don't have access to it at all, or something like that.

This topic is about the xp penalty regarding levels, not the penalty on death btw.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jan 15, 2019, 10:28:51 PM
remove/repurpose the XP gain penalty

People already have the ability to purchase and use leveling gear that you can be in maps in under 3 hours

You also have people who offer boosting services for a fee like a few ex for 1-70 etc or an act rush.

If they remove the penalty people would instantly have high lvl characters and burn out much faster then we already do.

Their graph looks like spikes and dips for player base retention

At the launch of the new league it spikes, within a month it dips and by the 3rd month of a league its at an all time low.

Most of the people who "no-life" the game already get tired with the game fast enough.

Making new characters/builds should be the least of your concern atm.

If normal XP gain is too high, lower it and/or increase the XP requirements between character levels. Then instead of imposing an XP gain penalty to punish players for playing in areas with monster levels that are too low or too high, offer an XP gain bonus to players for playing in areas that are within those limits. In other words, replace the stick with a carrot.

The real fun potential in POE is crafting. Crafting makes looting fun, which makes grinding worth while. In fact, most magic and rare items should be crafted instead of dropped. Even at high levels, most drops should be white. Magic and unique items should be less but equally common while rare items should be truly rare.

But crafting hinges on the supply of orbs which is painfully low at the moment. Increasing the orb supply in direct correlation to area levels and average rates of consumption and in inverse correlation to average stash stockpiles would greatly increase player retention and reduce burn out. The most consumed orbs should drop in partial to full stacks.
Last edited by TheNightFly on Jan 16, 2019, 6:14:29 PM
"
TheNightFly wrote:
But crafting hinges on the supply of orbs which is painfully low at the moment.

hahahahahahahahahaha
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
TheNightFly wrote:

The real fun potential in POE is crafting. Crafting makes looting fun, which makes grinding worth while. In fact, most magic and rare items should be crafted instead of dropped. Even at high levels, most drops should be white. Magic and unique items should be less but equally common while rare items should be truly rare.

But crafting hinges on the supply of orbs which is painfully low at the moment. Increasing the orb supply in direct correlation to area levels and average rates of consumption and in inverse correlation to average stash stockpiles would greatly increase player retention and reduce burn out. The most consumed orbs should drop in partial to full stacks.

There you have it, stop focus on xp loss
"
TheNightFly wrote:
If normal XP gain is too high, lower it and/or increase the XP requirements between character levels. Then instead of imposing an XP gain penalty to punish players for playing in areas with monster levels that are too low or too high, offer an XP gain bonus to players for playing in areas that are within those limits. In other words, replace the stick with a carrot.

This would achieve nothing.

"
TheNightFly wrote:
But crafting hinges on the supply of orbs which is painfully low at the moment.

No it's not, it might be for you because you are slow, innefficient and inexperienced.
I bet good players can gather currency many many times faster than you can, and they know when and when not to use it, where you likely blow some of it up in quite a pointless / inefficient / not worth it way.

That all comes with experience and knowledge, experience and knowledge reward people regarding that kind of things, that is something that you have to acquire.
It's not the purpose of this game to just feed you everything.
Last edited by Fruz on Jan 16, 2019, 7:38:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info