[3.5] Inva's CI/LL Vortex DoT | 3.3 million Shaper eDPS | 13k ES | Sub 2min Uber Elder | Videos

Hi! Wondering if you can check over my stuff? I loved the guide and I LOVE the character! I've put my own spin on a few things but other than that I can't currently find any things to change until I can get some more fire/cold res and lower my lighting res to upgrade my boots to sin trek or a rare boot. Thanks in advance!
"

Updated my build around a bit! After talking to the creator I tweaked a few things.

650k on shaper according to POB -- https://pastebin.com/TTPa9rMJ

Off to find the gloves next! :D
"
Darkender1988 wrote:
Hi! Wondering if you can check over my stuff? I loved the guide and I LOVE the character! I've put my own spin on a few things but other than that I can't currently find any things to change until I can get some more fire/cold res and lower my lighting res to upgrade my boots to sin trek or a rare boot. Thanks in advance!

Hey thanks! I like the way you've tried to counter the reduced ES recharge bit of Rime Gaze with %incr. ES recovery on your belt as well as your Watcher's Eye.

Your gear on a whole is pretty good, and your ammy and shield especially would be excellent/near-BIS were you a crit-based build (which you might have been). However, those crit suffixes do very little for this build and are taking up suffix slots which would have been better served with resist mods in place. The resulting lack of flexibility in your gear is thus pigeon-holing you into using Rainbowstrides.

There's no easy solution I'm afraid and you are going to have to do some major gear/res changes to free up your need for Rainbowstrides. The importance of having gear flexibility is my primary reason for using a Stygian Vise, just so that I can have an extra abyssal jewel slot for balancing res/stat requirements.

I think your first decision will be to decide if/whether you wish to keep Rime Gaze (If you look 2 posts back, I was explaining to lehuukha why I personally was not a huge fan of Rime Gaze).

I note however that you have a +2 to cold gems corrupted Rime Gaze (which is very valuable in the current market) and would likely choose to keep it, in which case I highly recommend changing your shield and gloves for ones with more Res in order to upgrade your boots. Your belt, while decent because of its ES-mods still has much room for improvement, as do your rings (especially phoenix grasp). Don't let the fact that it has Aspect of the Spider on it stop you from upgrading. It'll be much easier to get access to the Aspect craft once the new patch hits so I would suggest getting a good ring with an open suffix slot.

Your wand is pretty good and is not an upgrade priority for now but you may want to consider crafting a good opal sceptre once your other slots are upgraded.

Lastly, jewels are a major source of DPS and 4 stat jewels should be your eventual goal if you're keen on min-maxing.

Also, minor observation - you don't need a level 21 blood magic. Str requirements should be kept at 96 to increase flexibility on gear/tree.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
lehuukha wrote:
"

Updated my build around a bit! After talking to the creator I tweaked a few things.

Off to find the gloves next! :D

Good luck with the gloves! There are many more decent gloves on the market now compared to when I was searching for upgrades, thus I had to craft my own.

If you want to craft gloves, you may wish to consider crafting with a Frigid, Aetheric and Dense fossil combination. Multi-crafting on gloves isn't a priority so there's no real need to use the Alt-Regal method, as we did on the Sceptre.

If however you get a pair of gloves with high %cold dmg multiplier, another decent roll and a bunch of rubbish mods, you can always consider trying your luck and splitting the item into two with the beastcrafting method, and multi-crafting from there.
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Jan 9, 2019, 1:24:17 AM
Vortex was my league starter, this build guide has been amazing for ideas on where to upgrade, just wanted to say thank you! Sitting at 1.2m shaper dps and 10k ES and melting everything, beat uber elder for the first time ever, hoping to get it deathless next try. https://pastebin.com/Y8PEFvNB

Managed to get a +2 shavs and it's making up for the lack of damage on the rest of my gear, next up is a new amulet and ring for damage, and shield for tankiness.

I was running Vertex for a while, but I bought the enchanted base before switching to LL and loved it.. dense/frigid spam eventually paid off. I do need to find some chaos res somewhere, incursions are noticeably more dangerous with only -30 chaos res, and the crafted chaos res isn't the best craft option either. Vortex CD is down to .83 seconds, which is an amazing improvement on clearspeed without running vaal cold snap.

Almost 2k alts in on rolling a scepter to multicraft, just a little salty about that, I've only seen cold multi twice and it was t3.

"

"
lehuukha wrote:

Just a PoB note, you should check 'ignore skill hit damage', since EE is resetting almost instantly with our shiny new trigger skills. You're actually at 1.15m shaper dps. I was curious how you managed to get only 650k on a LL setup with a lot more damage on gear than me!

"
Quialiss wrote:
Vortex was my league starter, this build guide has been amazing for ideas on where to upgrade, just wanted to say thank you! Sitting at 1.2m shaper dps and 10k ES and melting everything, beat uber elder for the first time ever, hoping to get it deathless next try. https://pastebin.com/Y8PEFvNB

Managed to get a +2 shavs and it's making up for the lack of damage on the rest of my gear, next up is a new amulet and ring for damage, and shield for tankiness.

I was running Vertex for a while, but I bought the enchanted base before switching to LL and loved it.. dense/frigid spam eventually paid off. I do need to find some chaos res somewhere, incursions are noticeably more dangerous with only -30 chaos res, and the crafted chaos res isn't the best craft option either. Vortex CD is down to .83 seconds, which is an amazing improvement on clearspeed without running vaal cold snap.

Almost 2k alts in on rolling a scepter to multicraft, just a little salty about that, I've only seen cold multi twice and it was t3.

You're welcome! and gratz on crafting the helm! I guess RNG is getting some of its own back by making your sceptre crafting difficult :p

Getting vortex cooldown recovery on the helm is an interesting concept and one I'm exploring at the moment after hearing some feedback that map clear can be quite clunky with vortex.

So, my current combined (Cold Snap + Vortex) effective DPS versus Shaper is about 2.8 million with my corrupted vertex.

Assuming I switch to a helm similar to yours with the -cold res to nearby enemies, that would drop to about 2.6 million, which is acceptable considering how quickly I would then be able to cast Vortex. The only issue with fossil crafting so many pieces of gear for this build is the over-abundance of cold res we would end up having at the expense of other resistances.

Now, let's say I use a well-rolled vortex with the Vortex cooldown recovery enchant, my combined effective DPS would also be at around 2.6 million, similar to that of a well-rolled rare Hubris helm. I would however have some evasion as well as a decent chaos res roll. The only downside is that no one is enchanting Vertexes at the moment and there's no Vortex cooldown recovery enchant Vertex on sale.

In summary, for highest effective boss DPS, a +2 levels corrupted Vertex would be better. If however the goal is to achieve a smoother mapping experience at the expense of a little boss DPS, a Vortex cooldown recovery enchanted Vertex or an enchanted well-crafted Hubris helm (with -cold res to nearby enemies) would be better.

Now, its time for me to choose between crafting a Hubris with the enchant versus running lab to get the enchant on a Vertex.

Also, for you I would suggest swapping out Hypothermia for a level 4 Empower. The DPS loss will be minimal (like 1% DPS loss) but your Vortex cool down will be reduced to 0.78s. I will likely be doing that as well.

I will probably edit the gearing/gem-linking section a little to reflect the above.
Build of the Week 14
Good call on empower/hypothermia for Vortex, that gets the CD down to the cast speed on cold snap, which means that in theory I should never want to cast it except for bossing or being a coward and casting offscreen.

For more theorycrafting, PoB doesn't calculate the second relevant part of Bonechill, 'Enemies in Chilling Areas from Supported Skills have Cold Damage taken increased by Chill Effect.' I noticed it wasn't working in PoB early in the league but misread the line as increased cold damage, not damage taken. Misreading Bonechill is easier than reading it! I double checked and Mark clarified, both the percent increase and the chill effect increase both apply, and PoB just isn't including it. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a3hsqx/announcements_betrayal_gem_information/eb93nrr/

Chilled ground has a base effect of 10%, my cold snap has 143% chill effectiveness, for an additional 24.3% increased cold damage taken over what PoB says. I believe that makes Elemental Focus by Shadow worth taking, the 10% chill works out to about 1.5% more damage on top of the calculated value. It also makes your +2 Vertex a tiny bit better for dps, since some of the gems have increased chill effect on level.

Chill caps at 30% (requiring 200% effect for chilled ground), so there's not that much more I can get out of it, but boots and amulets can both have up to 30% increased effect of non-damaging ailments crafted on a suffix...
"
Quialiss wrote:
Good call on empower/hypothermia for Vortex, that gets the CD down to the cast speed on cold snap, which means that in theory I should never want to cast it except for bossing or being a coward and casting offscreen.

For more theorycrafting, PoB doesn't calculate the second relevant part of Bonechill, 'Enemies in Chilling Areas from Supported Skills have Cold Damage taken increased by Chill Effect.' I noticed it wasn't working in PoB early in the league but misread the line as increased cold damage, not damage taken. Misreading Bonechill is easier than reading it! I double checked and Mark clarified, both the percent increase and the chill effect increase both apply, and PoB just isn't including it. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a3hsqx/announcements_betrayal_gem_information/eb93nrr/

Chilled ground has a base effect of 10%, my cold snap has 143% chill effectiveness, for an additional 24.3% increased cold damage taken over what PoB says. I believe that makes Elemental Focus by Shadow worth taking, the 10% chill works out to about 1.5% more damage on top of the calculated value. It also makes your +2 Vertex a tiny bit better for dps, since some of the gems have increased chill effect on level.

Chill caps at 30% (requiring 200% effect for chilled ground), so there's not that much more I can get out of it, but boots and amulets can both have up to 30% increased effect of non-damaging ailments crafted on a suffix...

Thanks for mentioning the chill effect stat. I agree that Bonechill is a bit confusing in the sense of its gem wording. I've read Mark's comment multiple times now over the past month and still keep learning something new. I initially thought that he meant the damage did not stack but apparently its the chilling area/ground. I will have to check PoB again tar after my shift to confirm that it isn't working properly. I thought OpenArl fixed it (and it also shows in the debuff section on PoB) but perhaps as you said, the second part isn't working properly. If it really isn't being calculated properly by PoB I will have to do some manual calculations and decide if its worth dropping efficacy for hypothermia (on Cold Snap) and definitely consider fitting in elemental focus to the tree because that chill effect would be huge for both offense and Defence.

I agree with regards to the increased effect of non-damaging ailments crafted on a suffix being valuable to our damage, but man that dex/str + quality suffix (on boots) is so tasty and much needed because of how dex/str hungry we are haha.

For amulet, its probably one of the better suffixes we can craft (provided our chill effect is not yet capped and our res is fine). I personally think it's a close call between it and +1 minimum frenzy charge, with the latter being much more expensive. I am however having trouble trying to find a good ammy with the prefixes I want and an open suffix slot.

All in all, tyvm for ur input! It's given me some food for thought and extra ideas to optimise/min-max this build even more!
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Jan 9, 2019, 10:55:24 PM
Hey I just am trying to figure out how Max's PoB dps is insanely higher than yours. It seems off for the very slight changes. Maybe I'm not configuring yours right? I used your account name to load your character into PoB. Do you have a finalfinalfinal version of a pastebin or something?

EDIT: Also, why is everyone crafting on i86 Elder sceptre when all we want is a normal i78 affix? Doesn't the odds go down of hitting T1 cold multi when you add more affixes to the pool? Or does it not work like that?
Last edited by mwmorais on Jan 10, 2019, 12:00:15 AM
"
mwmorais wrote:
Hey I just am trying to figure out how Max's PoB dps is insanely higher than yours. It seems off for the very slight changes. Maybe I'm not configuring yours right? I used your account name to load your character into PoB. Do you have a finalfinalfinal version of a pastebin or something?

EDIT: Also, why is everyone crafting on i86 Elder sceptre when all we want is a normal i78 affix? Doesn't the odds go down of hitting T1 cold multi when you add more affixes to the pool? Or does it not work like that?

Hey! Is his PoB DPS much higher than mine? I would think mine is much higher given that my unbuffed tooltip DPS for Vortex atm is 510k or so, almost 20% higher than his. I'm not at home atm and won't be for the next 20hrs or so so I can't provide u with a pastebin at the moment I'm afraid. I guess u'll just have to Ensure that the configurations are identical for both his version and mine.

Yes, the odds of hitting T1 cold multi goes down when you add more affixes to the pool. The only reason I crafted on an elder sceptre was coz the guy was selling it for cheap and the next cheapest at the time was a good 20-30c more expensive. I actually did put in a note in my weapon crafting section that you do not have to use an elder sceptre. I should probably use stronger language.
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info