[3.5] Inva's CI/LL Vortex DoT | 3.3 million Shaper eDPS | 13k ES | Sub 2min Uber Elder | Videos

On that note, I've also added some advice into the guide regarding flask setups.

Silver Flask of Staunching + Alchemist Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline: Use both together for that immense burst of speed to run away from Uber Elder/Large bosses while they get ticked down by your damage, or for clearing as many mobs as possible for the duration of your Vaal Cold Snap.

The other 3 flasks and their respective uses are:
1. Experimenter's Sulphur Flask of Warding - Sustained curse immunity + damage
2. Experimenter's Quartz Flask of the Order - Sustained regen + dodge + phase run
3. Experimenter's Quicksilver Flask - Sustained movement speed

For those of you who are following this build and need the %life regen flask craft, feel free to pm me in game for it. It'll be 6 Glass Baubles (cost price) with no extra fee needed.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Dyls17 wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:

With regards to crafting, tt would actually be easier trying to craft a non-elder/shaper high ilevel opal scepter because that would reduce the number of mods in the pool (we don't need the elder/shaped mods).

Ah Yeah that what I was thinking I had no idea before I tried it and I rolled so many increased area of effect gems etc.

I'll try to buy or get an normal base then thanks. (kinda new to PoE in general did a few league and never try harded end game or even crafting so its hard to learn)

Dyls, I had a quick look at your gear - your new sceptre has pretty decent stats, except for one major problem. It has added flat cold damage to spells, meaning that you will always be proccing elemental equilibrium against yourself and never in your favour.

I would advise respeccing out of elemental equilibrium for the time being until you get a replacement weapon, or you will constantly always be killing bosses with unnecessary +25% cold resistance.
Build of the Week 14
Thank you for your imput. I totaly missed the Dex on Blessed orbs (lol) the vertex is just one of many failed double corrupted once so i keep it right now for the stats, i have 4 more waiting to go in a temple, same with a spare shavs. I will change the craft on my Shield once i can (maybe i consider just lowering the level of phasing... Leo on research, i will note that down as well as it will provide a good upgrade if it hits cold or fire res. I plan to craft a new weapon at some point BUT i just wanted to get started (Derp) My res are capped (75 fire on the dot, happy me)
Thanks again on the input i will give an update in a week or so prolly when i am able to affort some changes. I really do need levels for now
"
Invalesco wrote:

Dyls, I had a quick look at your gear - your new sceptre has pretty decent stats, except for one major problem. It has added flat cold damage to spells, meaning that you will always be proccing elemental equilibrium against yourself and never in your favour.

I would advise respeccing out of elemental equilibrium for the time being until you get a replacement weapon, or you will constantly always be killing bosses with unnecessary +25% cold resistance.

Thanks for this advice I knew there was something wrong on some boss :D

so on this item the cold damage added is what proc equilibirum ?

I got an other Scepter that I'm trying to spam alt on it but no luck with proper mods yet.
Last edited by Dyls17 on Jan 4, 2019, 7:26:40 AM
"
Dyls17 wrote:

Thanks for this advice I knew there was something wrong on some boss :D

so on this item the cold damage added is what proc equilibirum ?

I got an other Scepter that I'm trying to spam alt on it but no luck with proper mods yet.

Ya the flat cold damage is added to your lightning spells, thus you will always be giving enemy mobs +25% cold res instead of -50% cold res. Good luck with the other sceptre!
Build of the Week 14
Hi, I started to make this build a few days ago, it's third character I ever leveled up so far, so today I switched to CI, I like it very much, the mapping is so quick, bosses die easily and the whole build feels very fun, thank you for sharing it!
I'm only level 80 now and run mostly yellow maps, but feels like there's a lot of potential to the build which is very nice.
I have a question, it may be a newbie or dumb, but how do you manage to run four auras on CI at the same time?
I can only run 2 - clarity and discipline, but I don't have enough mana to turn the temporal chains and the aspect of spider on... Do I have to choose two auras out of four or do I do something wrong?
Thank you again!
"
Nnairo wrote:
Hi, I started to make this build a few days ago, it's third character I ever leveled up so far, so today I switched to CI, I like it very much, the mapping is so quick, bosses die easily and the whole build feels very fun, thank you for sharing it!
I'm only level 80 now and run mostly yellow maps, but feels like there's a lot of potential to the build which is very nice.
I have a question, it may be a newbie or dumb, but how do you manage to run four auras on CI at the same time?
I can only run 2 - clarity and discipline, but I don't have enough mana to turn the temporal chains and the aspect of spider on... Do I have to choose two auras out of four or do I do something wrong?
Thank you again!

Hi! You're welcome!

My bad, I kinda neglected the CI component of the build a little and didn't explain as much as I would like to:

For CI, clarity is optional and only advised if you have a good Watcher's Eye with the mod 'Gain X% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity'.

If you want to run Discipline, Blasphemy Aura and Aspect of the Spider together, you'll need to grab 1 4% reduced mana node near CI and link (preferably level 4) enlighten to Discipline and your Blasphemy Aura. This is part of the reason I chose to go LL as I would be able to run more aura/buffs. For now, I would advise omitting Aspect of the Spider for now and run your other 3 auras instead for the time being, especially as Aspect of the Spider is gear-based and you really don't want to be have a gear-slot locked in at this point in time while you're in the leveling process and have plenty of room for improvement on gear.
Build of the Week 14
Updated the poe.trade link for the amulet section to allow for more flexibility.

Also, for the high rollers who are looking for corrupted Shavs, the corruption of choice would be +level to duration gems > cold gems as we have 3 duration-labelled gems in our 6L setup.

These seem to be going for relatively reasonable prices at the moment.

For corrupted Vertex, the preferred choice would be + level to cold gems > duration gems as bonechill benefits from +level to cold gems which further boosts our Vortex damage.
Build of the Week 14
ok quick question as this is going to be my first time trying occult, also side note im stoned so forgive me if the question gets a lol out of you. Whats with the minion nodes on the tree ? Is it just for the dmg basically or what am i missing here. im sure its obvious and when i read the reply later im gonna feel dumb but oh well.
"
Hendo916 wrote:
ok quick question as this is going to be my first time trying occult, also side note im stoned so forgive me if the question gets a lol out of you. Whats with the minion nodes on the tree ? Is it just for the dmg basically or what am i missing here. im sure its obvious and when i read the reply later im gonna feel dumb but oh well.

you're forgiven haha

The notable passive Spiritual Aid on the right side of the tree makes it such that minion damage nodes/stats also apply to us. In terms of efficiency, that cluster is worth the points given the amount of %dmg (as well as 1% life regen) that we get from it. It also opens an additional stat (minions deal %increased damage) on jewels and weapons that we can use.

Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info