[3.5] Inva's CI/LL Vortex DoT | 3.3 million Shaper eDPS | 13k ES | Sub 2min Uber Elder | Videos

Added in updated stats - sitting at 545k hideout vortex tooltip damage now and approximately 3.3 mill combined effective shaper DPS.

Also uploaded a video of a sub 2 min uber elder kill.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Hi. Whats the bennefit to go LL?. just more damage? In survavility aspect, to go LL instead pure CI whats change?. I see CI vortex builds with 13k or 15k+ ES. I know the damage its more in LL because Pain att. but Which one is more unkillable?. thanks
"
yissus wrote:
Hi. Whats the bennefit to go LL?. just more damage? In survavility aspect, to go LL instead pure CI whats change?. I see CI vortex builds with 13k or 15k+ ES. I know the damage its more in LL because Pain att. but Which one is more unkillable?. thanks

The benefit of going LL is more damage and the ability to run extra auras/buffs, which in this build's case is Arctic Armour which is defensive in nature.

In terms of stacking pure ES alone, CI will definitely be able to achieve higher levels as compared with LL, with chaos immunity on top. Keep in mind however that dealing more damage also equates to receiving less damage from bosses, and having higher numbers of ES alone does not always translate to higher survivability if other aspects of a build are lacklustre.
Build of the Week 14
2 questions:

1-Mayority of vortex builds take skill duration nodes in the tree, i saw you dont take none, interesting move, do you think are not worth it more vortex or cold snap damage effect duration?

2- Most of the builds used phase run pre nerf. Do you think that the lost of phase run affect the behaviour of the build in endgame maps?
Last edited by yissus on Jan 13, 2019, 7:39:45 PM
"
yissus wrote:
2 questions:

1-Mayority of vortex builds take skill duration nodes in the tree, i saw you dont take none, interesting move, do you think are not worth it more vortex or cold snap damage effect duration?

2- Most of the builds used phase run pre nerf. Do you think that the lost of phase run affect the behaviour of the build in endgame maps?

1. I usually have an unnatural instinct jewel socketed in the scion area, which I use mainly for the AOE bonuses but also grants a small 20% increased duration bonus. I feel that the skill duration nodes can be taken early on if you feel that your vortex damage is not great enough yet and need some extra time killing bosses, but it will always only be temporary; there will be little point in taking vortex duration enchant or skill duration nodes later on as they become redundant with high enough damage. I would rather respec those points into damage nodes to help Ensure the boss dies within the base duration. Also, you will usually be spam casting vortexes anyway if your mana regen allows (which it does) as you will be wanting to trigger as often as possible the socketed skills in your weapon - you can place up to 3 storm brand casts which will further guarantee EO uptime. Vaal Cold snap is a different case - skill duration does improve Vaal cold snap uptime, but if that is a priority for you, there is always an option to craft a helm with hypothermia and link incr duration and Vaal cold snap in it for a 5L. For Vaal Cold Snap, damage is even more of a priority as compared to duration, because having Low damage on cold snap will limit your clear speed if you find yourself having to linger around mobs to kill mobs rather than rushing past them and having them melt in your wake.

2. I have never ever used phase run, having always preferred to use a quartz flask instead - so the phase run nerf doesn’t affect me. If I do ever use phase run it will only be for the movement speed and ‘phasing’ aspect of it, as is intended. The reduced visibility is not a major factor for this build as it already uses temp chains, aspect of the spider and arctic armour on top of chill, the combination of which serves as a strong defensive mechanic and ensures monsters ‘can’t touch this’.
Build of the Week 14
I see you don't have your Unnatural Instinct in you scion wheel anymore. Was that change made because the rare jewel provides more or is there any other reason for it?
Also i am currently using 2 curse setup with Temporal + Enfeeble but i am thinking of moving to you setup, it would grant me extra points from extra curse + points from -reservation of mana. The reason for this switch would be that bosses have curse resistance and i don't feel they are really that necessary for trash at this stage of gear and dps.
and i would also like to thank you for this build. it really shows the full potential of vortex and cold skills in general.
"
tona91 wrote:
I see you don't have your Unnatural Instinct in you scion wheel anymore. Was that change made because the rare jewel provides more or is there any other reason for it?
Also i am currently using 2 curse setup with Temporal + Enfeeble but i am thinking of moving to you setup, it would grant me extra points from extra curse + points from -reservation of mana. The reason for this switch would be that bosses have curse resistance and i don't feel they are really that necessary for trash at this stage of gear and dps.
and i would also like to thank you for this build. it really shows the full potential of vortex and cold skills in general.

I was actually just experimenting with some stuff haha!

A rare jewel does provide more DPS and ES, but I've since switched back to Unnatural Instinct because I like having more AoE, and my damage is more than sufficient at this point.

Your reasoning is identical to what mine was when I was contemplating a dual curse setup versus what my setup is now. I also did not like having a significant portion of my skillpoint investment rendered obsolete by hexproof mods on maps/delve.

You're welcome! Ya I wasn't expecting Cold DoT to do this much damage when I first started the build.
Build of the Week 14
uploaded an example of a t16 mino map clear for those interested in seeing how map clearing is like with this build. also uploaded a snippet of a no regen t16 hydra map to show that it is doable by swapping in cinderswallow and reserving less of your mana pool.
Build of the Week 14
Easy or quick way to get the "aspect of the spider" craft? (for use in belt like you said?)
Last edited by yissus on Jan 14, 2019, 6:38:19 PM
"
yissus wrote:
Easy or quick way to get the "aspect of the spider" craft? (for use in belt like you said?)

Easiest way would be to buy the fenumus first of the night beast or the arachnid that gives u the portal to the lair to allow u to beast craft the aspect of the spider on ur belt. Make sure ur strong enough to kill the beast first though (not difficult, but don’t go around trying to kill it at level 50+)
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info