[3.5] Inva's CI/LL Vortex DoT | 3.3 million Shaper eDPS | 13k ES | Sub 2min Uber Elder | Videos

"
Invalesco wrote:
"
mwmorais wrote:
Hey I just am trying to figure out how Max's PoB dps is insanely higher than yours. It seems off for the very slight changes. Maybe I'm not configuring yours right? I used your account name to load your character into PoB. Do you have a finalfinalfinal version of a pastebin or something?

EDIT: Also, why is everyone crafting on i86 Elder sceptre when all we want is a normal i78 affix? Doesn't the odds go down of hitting T1 cold multi when you add more affixes to the pool? Or does it not work like that?

Hey! Is his PoB DPS much higher than mine? I would think mine is much higher given that my unbuffed tooltip DPS for Vortex atm is 510k or so, almost 20% higher than his. I'm not at home atm and won't be for the next 20hrs or so so I can't provide u with a pastebin at the moment I'm afraid. I guess u'll just have to Ensure that the configurations are identical for both his version and mine.

Yes, the odds of hitting T1 cold multi goes down when you add more affixes to the pool. The only reason I crafted on an elder sceptre was coz the guy was selling it for cheap and the next cheapest at the time was a good 20-30c more expensive. I actually did put in a note in my weapon crafting section that you do not have to use an elder sceptre. I should probably use stronger language.

I think I figured it out. By default none of the EE/Chill config stuff was checked. It's more in line now.

You stated that a high level sceptre should be used, albeit elder not necessary, yet poedb has T1 @ ilvl 78. I'm just nervous of crafting on a 78 instead of something higher if it in fact cannot hit T1. I'm honestly about 8k alts in and haven't seen it once.

Thanks for the replies. I'm currently doing a version based off Waggle's CI Vortexer, but got a lil bored with never dying and somewhat meh dps. This seems a good way to blow my currency.
"
mwmorais wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
mwmorais wrote:
Hey I just am trying to figure out how Max's PoB dps is insanely higher than yours. It seems off for the very slight changes. Maybe I'm not configuring yours right? I used your account name to load your character into PoB. Do you have a finalfinalfinal version of a pastebin or something?

EDIT: Also, why is everyone crafting on i86 Elder sceptre when all we want is a normal i78 affix? Doesn't the odds go down of hitting T1 cold multi when you add more affixes to the pool? Or does it not work like that?

Hey! Is his PoB DPS much higher than mine? I would think mine is much higher given that my unbuffed tooltip DPS for Vortex atm is 510k or so, almost 20% higher than his. I'm not at home atm and won't be for the next 20hrs or so so I can't provide u with a pastebin at the moment I'm afraid. I guess u'll just have to Ensure that the configurations are identical for both his version and mine.

Yes, the odds of hitting T1 cold multi goes down when you add more affixes to the pool. The only reason I crafted on an elder sceptre was coz the guy was selling it for cheap and the next cheapest at the time was a good 20-30c more expensive. I actually did put in a note in my weapon crafting section that you do not have to use an elder sceptre. I should probably use stronger language.

I think I figured it out. By default none of the EE/Chill config stuff was checked. It's more in line now.

You stated that a high level sceptre should be used, albeit elder not necessary, yet poedb has T1 @ ilvl 78. I'm just nervous of crafting on a 78 instead of something higher if it in fact cannot hit T1. I'm honestly about 8k alts in and haven't seen it once.

Thanks for the replies. I'm currently doing a version based off Waggle's CI Vortexer, but got a lil bored with never dying and somewhat meh dps. This seems a good way to blow my currency.

ilevel 78 should be able to hit T1 cold multi, although I would settle for T2 if it appeared, given that the odds of landing T1 are so Low and that its only a small difference. I only used an ilevel 84+ sceptre for that unlikely possibility of landing a T1 %spell/cold dmg prefix on my regal (which was wishful thinking on my part and didn't happen at all of course).

Ya the DPS for LL can get pretty insane with the right gearing without having to sacrifice too much survivability. My char still has room for upgrades and hasn't hit final form yet, although I'm working towards that.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Jan 10, 2019, 12:31:24 AM
Hi,

I have been following this build for awhile and really enjoy it. I will post what I have done so I can get some opinions on any final improvements to make.

Some notable changes I have made are:

Flasks:

For mapping I enjoy the Soul Ripper and Urn for sustain and Vaal Cold Snap uptime. Dying sun mainly for the inc. AOE and fire damage protection.

For bosses I use:

With the Sulphur flask as my 5th.

6Link:

I just started messing with POB today, but it appears that conc. effect for single target is quite a bit higher than hypothermia was for damage. I could be missing a calculation that is messing it up, but I swapped over so that I can run Inc. AOE for mapping for that juicy Vortex size.

If you guys can explain why Hypothermia is better that would be great!

Reservations:

I ended up changing my tree around quite a bit to include purity of elements into the build. The main reason was for a ES recharge rate with discipline and chaos res with purity of elements Watcher's Eye.

I do realize the Clarity Watcher's Eye does give like a 1k ES boost, but at 100ex I will have to pass.

Because of my changes to reservations, I had to drop the Faster Casting link. I changed over to phase run because of this and it feels pretty nice.

With these changes I have about 50% chaos res now which would allow me to possibly drop Vertex for a better ES helm with Vortex enchant or possibly swap to Rime Gaze for bossing.

Skill Tree:

I am not at home so I will have to post the POE skill tree as opposed to a POB link. The biggest changes that I have made are to include the reduced mana reserved clusters by Zealot's Oath and CI. This was required to add Purity of Elements into the build. Another change was getting a corrupted blood immune Energy from Within so that I do not need a bleed immune flask (normal bleed tickles me).

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAPuBx4OSBBREQ8RLxFQEZYVfhcvF1QYVhslHNwdFB1PHb4fGCKBIvQmiCj6KU8rCiuaM4c1uTsNPAVJUUmxSp9LrkwtTLNR-1JTUrJTDlPUVdZWSFZKXGtcil3yZOdmVGaeZ3FodGnYbAttGXC7e9d-oX_GgKSCm4LHhEiFe4m8jHaNgo48jxqPRo_6knSTJ5Uul5WX9Jitm6GePJ6hnwGf36DmoS-nCKcrqOqsmK7_tUi3MLcxuJO6Drv8vorAZsNtxvfNFtAf0NDR5NWm18_YJNlb2mLbet-K41boWukC62Pr7uwY7DjvfO-I7-vw1ffB99f5N_no-tI=?accountName=Osmosis12&characterName=TofuVT

Thanks for the build idea and help. I would love to hear feedback on my changes and what else I could do to take this build to the ultimate min/max stages.

For now my next goal is to double corrupt a Shav's I got one ready!

Dumped more currency today! We're achieving more deeps and more fluid game play than my last post!

"

I finally crafted my gloves - I got pretty lucky actually, will be using a t1 multi base to craft later.

POB: https://pastebin.com/hpfHRMNn

I took the suggestion of Vortex Cool down and got the helm enchant + the empower level 4 socketed. The sacrifice of a little bit of boss dps is worth it to me since I also map and not just boss all the time. The clunkiness is definitely minimalized!

Next up probably will be better rolled accessories and a better weapon/sheild combo. :D

What does upset me with my set up so far is the lack of phase run. That QOL is always missed. :(
Hey, gr8 build but i have a one question before start to lvl it. What chest i should use before LL Shav? Some rare with big ES or any kind of uniqe?

EDIT:
NVM, just found it :)
Last edited by PanZajac on Jan 10, 2019, 3:49:23 AM
"
Osmosis12 wrote:
Hi,

I have been following this build for awhile and really enjoy it. I will post what I have done so I can get some opinions on any final improvements to make.

Some notable changes I have made are:

Flasks:

For mapping I enjoy the Soul Ripper and Urn for sustain and Vaal Cold Snap uptime. Dying sun mainly for the inc. AOE and fire damage protection.

For bosses I use:

With the Sulphur flask as my 5th.

6Link:

I just started messing with POB today, but it appears that conc. effect for single target is quite a bit higher than hypothermia was for damage. I could be missing a calculation that is messing it up, but I swapped over so that I can run Inc. AOE for mapping for that juicy Vortex size.

If you guys can explain why Hypothermia is better that would be great!

Reservations:

I ended up changing my tree around quite a bit to include purity of elements into the build. The main reason was for a ES recharge rate with discipline and chaos res with purity of elements Watcher's Eye.

I do realize the Clarity Watcher's Eye does give like a 1k ES boost, but at 100ex I will have to pass.

Because of my changes to reservations, I had to drop the Faster Casting link. I changed over to phase run because of this and it feels pretty nice.

With these changes I have about 50% chaos res now which would allow me to possibly drop Vertex for a better ES helm with Vortex enchant or possibly swap to Rime Gaze for bossing.

Skill Tree:

I am not at home so I will have to post the POE skill tree as opposed to a POB link. The biggest changes that I have made are to include the reduced mana reserved clusters by Zealot's Oath and CI. This was required to add Purity of Elements into the build. Another change was getting a corrupted blood immune Energy from Within so that I do not need a bleed immune flask (normal bleed tickles me).

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAPuBx4OSBBREQ8RLxFQEZYVfhcvF1QYVhslHNwdFB1PHb4fGCKBIvQmiCj6KU8rCiuaM4c1uTsNPAVJUUmxSp9LrkwtTLNR-1JTUrJTDlPUVdZWSFZKXGtcil3yZOdmVGaeZ3FodGnYbAttGXC7e9d-oX_GgKSCm4LHhEiFe4m8jHaNgo48jxqPRo_6knSTJ5Uul5WX9Jitm6GePJ6hnwGf36DmoS-nCKcrqOqsmK7_tUi3MLcxuJO6Drv8vorAZsNtxvfNFtAf0NDR5NWm18_YJNlb2mLbet-K41boWukC62Pr7uwY7DjvfO-I7-vw1ffB99f5N_no-tI=?accountName=Osmosis12&characterName=TofuVT

Thanks for the build idea and help. I would love to hear feedback on my changes and what else I could do to take this build to the ultimate min/max stages.

For now my next goal is to double corrupt a Shav's I got one ready!

You're welcome! I love the way you've changed your tree to be able to run Purity of Elements or the chaos res on Watcher's Eye. I've toyed with that idea myself - it may well be worth it if you're able to able to craft a high ES vortex helm or utilise the extra res from Purity of Elements by getting even more %dmg mods on gear.

Soul Ripper is definitely an excellent flask for sustaining Vaal souls for Vaal Cold Snap. I think the only downside is how costly the flask is at the moment.

Your gear on the whole is pretty damn nice! I pride myself on thinking that I've perhaps got the best gear in the server for each slot for this build but some of your gear makes me envious haha. If that ammy of yours had 1% incr. dmg per 15 intelligence rather than dexterity it would be the best Cold DoT ammy I've seen in Betrayal thus far.

You are absolutely right that Conc. effect > Hypothermia for Boss DPS, and that is a perfectly feasible way to go if you're willing to swap in Incr. AoE for mapping and Conc. Effect for Bossing. I'm just a little lazy in that I try not to swap gems (coz most bosses die pretty fast without conc. effect anyway), but your method definitely works for achieving highest possible boss DPS.

Looking at your tree and your gear, I think you can probably afford to get an Unnatural Instinct jewel, which I would place in the jewel socket adjacent to Shaper. You can then save 3 points by respeccing away from the Potency of Will cluster - you will lose 25% skill effect duration by doing so but you'll gain a bunch of AoE and other stuff. Its a personal choice - you may not wish to give up that 25% skill effect duration.

I'm surprised you haven't exalted your Storm Spiral Opal Ring yet - it's definitely worth it. Your belt is also pretty much BIS with the Spider craft and deserves a higher %dmg mastercraft.

I can see that you have already identified your next ultimate upgrade, a double corrupted Shavs, and you're absolutely right. I think that will be the most substantial upgrade you can possibly achieve at this point in time. I wish you all the best with it!
Build of the Week 14
"
lehuukha wrote:
Dumped more currency today! We're achieving more deeps and more fluid game play than my last post!

"

I finally crafted my gloves - I got pretty lucky actually, will be using a t1 multi base to craft later.

POB: https://pastebin.com/hpfHRMNn

I took the suggestion of Vortex Cool down and got the helm enchant + the empower level 4 socketed. The sacrifice of a little bit of boss dps is worth it to me since I also map and not just boss all the time. The clunkiness is definitely minimalized!

Next up probably will be better rolled accessories and a better weapon/sheild combo. :D

What does upset me with my set up so far is the lack of phase run. That QOL is always missed. :(

I've already congratulated you on your helm in game, that hat is pretty damn nice! With regards to Phase Run, I'll address it here so others can read as well - you can still choose to fit it in to your build if you do so wish. However, you would have to give up something for it. Either Arcane Surge/Faster Casting or one of your Opals for an Unset Ring. The latter is probably the better option as you would only lose 25% elemental damage versus the more damage multiplier from Arcane Surge. I leave the choice to you!

Good luck with the gloves!
Build of the Week 14
Changelog:

Updated the skill tree to include Elemental Focus after a great suggestion from Quialiss.

Also elaborated on how Bonechill works and how an ideal Helm should look like under the gearing section.

Build of the Week 14

This worth trying to craft on?
"
Ogrefcf wrote:

This worth trying to craft on?

You have a T1 cold damage over time multiplier mod which is pretty darn hard to get, therefore that sceptre is definitely worth crafting on.

Now, there is 1 prefix (Cold damage over time multiplier) and 2 suffixes on that weapon.

You have two ways to go about crafting it.

1. You can try your luck by using 2 annuls and hoping to annul both suffixes consecutively without removing the prefix.

OR

2. You can craft prefixes cannot be changed on that sceptre and scour it, leaving you with a single mod-ed rare with Cold damage over time multiplier, a perfect base for multi-modding.

The first option will be cheaper (if you're lucky) and cost only 2 annul orbs. The second will cost 2 exalteds (to craft the prefixes cannot be changed mod) and 1 scouring. I personally would opt for the second choice because that T1 prefix is so rare I wouldn't want to leave it up to chance. A similar search on POE.Trade also shows single T1 prefix sceptres up for sale at around 4 ex, meaning that the 2nd option wouldn't be exorbitantly expensive given the value of the item, but I leave the choie to you.

Note to all other readers: just a reminder that you don't need an Elder Sceptre to try and roll T1/T2 cold damage over time multiplier. Having an Elder Sceptre will in fact reduce your chances of getting the desired prefix due to the increased number of mods available in the mod pool.
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info