[3.5] Inva's CI/LL Vortex DoT | 3.3 million Shaper eDPS | 13k ES | Sub 2min Uber Elder | Videos

Hi is there anything i can do to upgrade my character, Gear/Tree Wise?
"
Helchen wrote:
Hi is there anything i can do to upgrade my character, Gear/Tree Wise?

Hey, your gear is pretty good! The slots that look like they would be most easily upgraded would be your amulet (try to get a decent %cold damage over time multiplier amulet) and your rare jewels.

Other than that, your weapon is as good as it gets and won't need any more upgrading. May I suggest swapping your Discipline - Blood Magic - Clarity gems over to your shield and putting your Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Arcane Surge gems in your gloves so they benefit from your gloves' increased cast speed stat.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Please tell me what to add last,increased cold damage and increased cast speed?
I figured it out myself :()
"
Keenetik10 wrote:
I figured it out myself :()

Gratz on the craft! Feel free to hit me up in game next time if i'm not replying here :)
Build of the Week 14
Thank you build cool, stumbled upon your post :)
What about Halcyon/Pandemonius for this build. I just had one drop and don't know if I should use it or sell it.
"
Ogrefcf wrote:
What about Halcyon/Pandemonius for this build. I just had one drop and don't know if I should use it or sell it.

I would sell it. It doesn't provide much of a damage boost for the build (the penetrates cold resistance aspect of it does not apply to DoT) and does not provide ES. Given the prices of Pandemonius atm, you can buy/craft a much better rare amulet with the currency.
Build of the Week 14
I found your build and respecced my CI Vortex to low life. After reading this thread and using some of my own knowledge I've been able to kill Uber Elder and his various fellow bosses with ease. I actually prefer this for boss killing over my DW Nebu Molten Striker - so much to the point where I just sold all his gear to dump into this.

https://pastebin.com/qanpxB7J --- POB LINK

"

I also have a vertex in my stash ready to go - I'm just not sure its worth losing the cold multi for more es. 10.2k is more than enough for me to play with. Just gotta be quick!

My next question I have is what should I be doing for DPS upgrades? POB says Im doing around 900k vortex damage! Thats double what my CI had <3

Thanks again for the guide!
Last edited by lehuukha on Jan 8, 2019, 4:13:12 AM
"
lehuukha wrote:
I found your build and respecced my CI Vortex to low life. After reading this thread and using some of my own knowledge I've been able to kill Uber Elder and his various fellow bosses with ease. I actually prefer this for boss killing over my DW Nebu Molten Striker - so much to the point where I just sold all his gear to dump into this.

https://pastebin.com/qanpxB7J --- POB LINK

"

I also have a vertex in my stash ready to go - I'm just not sure its worth losing the cold multi for more es. 10.2k is more than enough for me to play with. Just gotta be quick!

My next question I have is what should I be doing for DPS upgrades? POB says Im doing around 900k vortex damage! Thats double what my CI had <3

Thanks again for the guide!

You're welcome!

With regards to Helm option - Vertex is a much stronger defensive option and was chosen because the corrupted version is relatively cheap (and reduces the DPS loss deficit). If however you're happy with the reduced ES, reduced ES recharge, lack of chaos res and reduced AoE on Vaal Cold Snap, Rime Gaze is without a doubt the best DPS option for the slot.

With regards to the tree, its a personal opinion of course and I leave the choice to you - but I did consider the option of going dual curse and decided against it because I don't like having a significant portion of my skill point investiture rendered redundant by hexproof mods on maps/delve. Additionally, curses aren't as great on bosses because of the 80% less curse effect on Shaper/Uber Elder/Guardians.

For example, your effective DPS is 900k on trash mobs at the moment, which is great - but that drops to 470k DPS versus Shaper. I have taken the liberty of editing your tree slightly to remove the Whispers of Doom and Sovereignty cluster, grabbed 2 jewel nodes and given you (on your PoB at least) my 2nd best DPS jewel.

With this, your effective DPS versus trash mobs drops to 721k, but you effective DPS versus Shaper rises to 481k. More importantly, you get alot more gem slots to play around with, which, if you link a level 7 Arcane Surge to your faster casting will raise the eDPS versus trash mobs to 815k and versus Shaper to 543k. I get that you have a sceptre with the mod but it won't be very reliable versus bosses.

POB: https://pastebin.com/1Fdb6L9C

On top of that, being able to leave out a maxed level Blood Magic allows you to reduce your strength requirements to 96 (level 4 empower and level 15 blood magic). I would also recommend using a lower level Phase Run to reduce your dex requirements to 114 (level 21 hypothermia/swift affliction). This will free up alot of suffix slots on your jewels and gear for more useful suffixes. I think you will then find it alot easier to upgrade your gear.

The easiest pieces of gear to upgrade would be your rings. DPS jewels would be the next priority, followed by trying to get gloves with %cold dmg multi (but these would be expensive unless you're willing to compromise on some ES from them like I did).

The rest of your gear-upgrading won't be straightforward and will require rebalancing of res/stats. If you can do this well and are able to obtain a GG high ES item that has an open suffix (which you can then craft aspect of the spider on), you can then aim to get a belt with %cold/ele dmg mods (on top of res).

With regards to your sceptre, you may eventually want to try and craft a better one with higher DPS mods, but that won't be for a while and I would leave it for the last.
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info