[3.5] Inva's CI/LL Vortex DoT | 3.3 million Shaper eDPS | 13k ES | Sub 2min Uber Elder | Videos

"
Invalesco wrote:
"
FoFDarkness wrote:
Is there a way here to trigger EO I'm not seeing? or is it there as purely a 'just incase' scenario?

There are 2 ways to go about it.

You can either have storm brand as a stand-alone skill and self-cast it every once in a while to trigger EO, or you can craft/buy a weapon with a free suffix, mastercraft 'Trigger a Socketed Spell when you use a Skill' on it and enjoy near 100% uptime on EO without having to manually press extra buttons.

Just to showcase the beauty of the above-mentioned mod:

This is my crafted weapon:

As you can see, I've got 3 skills socketed in there.

Here's a gif to show how the 3 skills get autocast in turn whenever I use flame dash (or any other skill for that matter).

Alright, yeah I saw that was how you had it set up, but just wasn't sure storm brand would crit enough on it's own to keep it up.
Awesome, a fellow min-maxer!

That is some fantastic deeps btw! Did you manage to corrupt that Shavs yourself? if so, gratz!

I think the differences in our pathing/tree point to the different view/directions we aim to take with our builds, further demonstrated by my opting for pure ES on my shield and your opting for %spell damage. You are indeed right that the %mana nodes are a little inefficient - that said, my intention was to grab a watcher's eye eventually for extra ES, so that felt ok.

I do agree with regards to Might of the Meek being a better value jewel at that slot - the only issue for my character is stats/attributes, which I'm heavily relying on my jewels at the moment. I will likely change my pathing a little to grab the jewel socket near shadow (with the much needed dex).

Fangs of the Viper + Nullification versus Precision + Sanctity is a close call. I opted for the former because of more %ES, Res and that extra movement speed for mapping, but I can see Sanctity being attractive because of the %life regen and strength stat.

I considered whether to go for dual curse but opted not to in the end because the idea of having a not-insignificant portion of my build rendered irrelevant by the hexproof mod on maps/delve was very unpalatable.

Pantheon-wise, yeah Lunaris was my preferred option on CI, and still is my top choice for easy maps with LL. I suppose I can drop Arakaali given that I do have some chaos res.

"
Maxpoggi wrote:
Rime Gaze is absolutely insane to run in the build and I don't think I'll upgrade it, but this does require sacrificing our belt slot to Bated Breath to somewhat counteract the heavy recharge penalty. I could get some cold damage over time multiplier on my gloves/amulet, but I haven't found suitable replacements yet and that's why it's not on there currently.

I agree that Rime Gaze is the BIS for DPS. However, the main thing I don't like about it is the concentrated effect gem being in there, which reduces my cold snap AoE. Is mapping with that reduced AoE acceptable to you? It isn't really acceptable to me. The decreased energy shield recharge is a minor negative which is offset by a bated breath with a good corrupt. However, that restricts your gear options severely and your needing resist suffixes on other pieces of gear is likely why you aren't able to find a suitable pair of gloves/ammy with cold damage multiplier, not that it matters give that your damage is more than adequate. I also intend to get Aspect of the Spider (once I find that damn beast), so yet another unique in the form of Bated Breath won't cut it for me. Thus my choice of Vertex which has cool chaos res too for more survivability.

Quartz Flask for me was more for the added survivability of dodge. I'm abit starved for gemslots at the moment given that I have a golem for the extra regen so I'm not sure if I can fit in phase run (although I admit that it would indeed be a nice movement speed boost).

I don't quite like the idea of using mana flasks (i've always been that way) so I quite like having enough mana regen to cover my spellcasting needs. EE will always be triggered by Storm brand every 0.5s so I'm not too concerned about that.

Flame dash with faster casting definitely does feel nicer and less clunkier. I'd hate to give up arcane surge, arctic armour or my golem though.. Again, its mainly restrictions of gem slots/links. Choices choices... there are lots of things to consider.

Thanks for your input! You've given me some food for thought and a DPS benchmark to beat (provided I manage to farm a corrupted shavs)!
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
FoFDarkness wrote:
Alright, yeah I saw that was how you had it set up, but just wasn't sure storm brand would crit enough on it's own to keep it up.

For anything that requires a bit longer to kill (i.e. bosses), in my experience it manages to crit enough.
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:
Awesome, a fellow min-maxer!

That is some fantastic deeps btw! Did you manage to corrupt that Shavs yourself? if so, gratz!

I wish! My luck has not been on point this league, and I ended up just buying a corrupted one.

"
Invalesco wrote:
Fangs of the Viper + Nullification versus Precision + Sanctity is a close call. I opted for the former because of more %ES, Res and that extra movement speed for mapping, but I can see Sanctity being attractive because of the %life regen and strength stat.

The latter actually gives 5% more ES!

"
Invalesco wrote:
I agree that Rime Gaze is the BIS for DPS. However, the main thing I don't like about it is the concentrated effect gem being in there, which reduces my cold snap AoE. Is mapping with that reduced AoE acceptable to you? It isn't really acceptable to me. The decreased energy shield recharge is a minor negative which is offset by a bated breath with a good corrupt. However, that restricts your gear options severely and your needing resist suffixes on other pieces of gear is likely why you aren't able to find a suitable pair of gloves/ammy with cold damage multiplier, not that it matters give that your damage is more than adequate. I also intend to get Aspect of the Spider (once I find that damn beast), so yet another unique in the form of Bated Breath won't cut it for me. Thus my choice of Vertex which has cool chaos res too for more survivability.

Yeah I agree that Vertex or a rare hubris with a ton of ES are probably the choices to go for survivability. I actually don't feel the reduced AoE from cold snap simply because my main mapping skill is Vortex! Stopping to cast? Who does that?!
Regarding not being able to get cold damage over time multi on those slots you're probably correct that it's because I'm stressing them a lot. (heck, I can't even switch off of the Onyx base!) While the possibility is technically there to get cold dot on both (replacing the cold damage roll on the amulet and the life regen on gloves) it's going to be a fairly hard task which is certainly made easier by going the rare belt route instead.

The rest of your points are all perfectly valid and personal preference, and it comes down to whatever suits you best, which is the beauty of playing a build as powerful and versatile as this.
"
Invalesco wrote:

The latter actually gives 5% more ES![/quote]

Ah was actually referring to Fangs of the Viper + Nullification as a package versus Precision + Sanctity as a package (assuming the latter doesn't take Sanctity).

"
Yeah I agree that Vertex or a rare hubris with a ton of ES are probably the choices to go for survivability. I actually don't feel the reduced AoE from cold snap simply because my main mapping skill is Vortex! Stopping to cast? Who does that?!
Regarding not being able to get cold damage over time multi on those slots you're probably correct that it's because I'm stressing them a lot. (heck, I can't even switch off of the Onyx base!) While the possibility is technically there to get cold dot on both (replacing the cold damage roll on the amulet and the life regen on gloves) it's going to be a fairly hard task which is certainly made easier by going the rare belt route instead.

The rest of your points are all perfectly valid and personal preference, and it comes down to whatever suits you best, which is the beauty of playing a build as powerful and versatile as this.

Oh its actually Vaal Cold Snap I'm referring to --> RF-like playstyle. Agree that Cold DoT occultist is a great build this meta. Hope you stick around on forums, would be great to see your continued input! Either way, good luck with whatever new build you're planning with!
Build of the Week 14
Guide updated and fleshed out. More videos coming soon. Lmk if there's anything else that you want me to elaborate on.
Build of the Week 14
Really nice looking build man you put lot of efforts in the min max. I got a shav 6L last night I think I will try it in the next days, I'm a bit bored of my CoC currently.
Could you show some video with an actual end game gear too ?
"
Dyls17 wrote:
Really nice looking build man you put lot of efforts in the min max. I got a shav 6L last night I think I will try it in the next days, I'm a bit bored of my CoC currently.
Could you show some video with an actual end game gear too ?

Thanks! I'm currently spamming maps trying to find the aspect of the spider beast (no such luck thus far).

I'll be doing more guardians and uber elder in the next 2 days (haven't done uber elder before so will have to study that fight before attempting it), will post some videos soon!
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Dec 31, 2018, 9:50:15 AM
My witch is far from optimized, but from what i could gather so far, it feels great.
Thanks for this build!

I started it the 1st day you posted the build and it didn't have so much on the leveling side, which made me feel really bad..but once i switched to the budget uniques, i did Tier 11 at 70, which i haven't ever before and so early on.

Should also mention that i've mostly played life builds throughout my poe career and the only other ES build i leveled high was an ES TS ranger in the league right before the major nerfs to ES armors (can't remember the name of it though).
"
al3xro wrote:
My witch is far from optimized, but from what i could gather so far, it feels great.
Thanks for this build!

I started it the 1st day you posted the build and it didn't have so much on the leveling side, which made me feel really bad..but once i switched to the budget uniques, i did Tier 11 at 70, which i haven't ever before and so early on.

Should also mention that i've mostly played life builds throughout my poe career and the only other ES build i leveled high was an ES TS ranger in the league right before the major nerfs to ES armors (can't remember the name of it though).

Sorry about that! Was abit preoccupied with irl stuff so didn't manage to flesh out the leveling part that well!

I'm glad you're finding it ok so far - if you feel like you're having trouble with survivability, feel free to swap out frost bite for temp chains! I'm more of a fan of frostbite during the leveling process.

On another note, the guide has been updated with new videos and screenshots.
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info