[3.5] Ice Spear CoC Deadeye AKA Ice Laser (Cheap) (Endgame Viable) (Shaper DOWN)

"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
Build is almost coming by at level 58
Got this cheap for 2c and than crafted speed on it.

rest of current gear

Got a cheap 2c helm and self crafted hp n res, around 4-5c (prices are going really high for this around 40c for starkonja). But after this it feels smoother.

Once level 72 planning to use below after crafting spell dmg on it.

At level 70 will buy cheap 5-6c 20lvl ice spear. Also Ascendancy helps a lot.

Let me know what can be improved as moving forward, currently low with currency

looks like you are doing quite well.

If you were to buy a gem i would suggest to get lvl 21 ice spear since the damage boost is really worth it. I would also get a 20 quality GMP and Cast on crit.
Hi, do i need accuracy on weapons?
Should i just search for 1.75 or more aps swords with min 22% crit strike chance? Is it enough?
Thank you for the build btw, i'm respeccing to this, i'm hoping to achieve at least shaper.
I just got back home from 1 week of vacation and now found this, quite similiar to my build. However my build had a few other options (and my gear is still in levelling state + I switched from another build, so got an akward ring etc, but nevermind).

1) I took spell crit-nodes. Have to think a bit over those. For me they seem to matter, but I still haven't levelled gems fully etc.

2) I use a Tabula Rasa (so far) and have Freezing Pulse as a CoC-gem. Atleast when levelling I found it superior to Cold Penetration or other gems. FP just whipes all mobs which arent struck by Ice Spear.

3) I have the helmet enchant "Ice Spear fires an extra projectile" which is amazing. Specially if you havent the Dying Sun flask.

4) I have one curse on hit setup with assasins mark, providing powercharges. I find this amazing to build a crit train.

5) Using Vaal Haste on bosses and Arctic Armour for some extra defence.

The skill tree is close to yours and I use jewels with mana leech on for sustaining mana. I will check back on your build tomorrow and compare more to mine. Specially the spell crit one since I thought it was mandatory overall.

Btw, I was thinking of going Point Blank since I am already facetanking map bosses, just to add an extra boost. Have you considered it? Nice to see a similiar build anyways, will provide more feedback the upcoming days.

Spoiler

Passive;
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAAAGAF4B0QMeBS0FtQceCC4NjQ5IES8RlhVDFfYZjhqNG8gfQSP2JP0nqSoLLlMwcTB8Nj031DpCQzFEDUd-SVFLeEz_TZJOKlFHVEdbJluvXfJhEGJ5YqxlTWwIbIxwUnTtdct9dX_Gf_uA4YTZidOMNo19jX6Nv4_6kAqVLpsmm42dqqKjo4qmvq_rtMW3F7mTu-O9Nr6nwuzDCcSiyNzI8M2Yz17Tb9N-1CPawdvn3ajiXuOE51To1upi62Pr9e0_7YPuDu968NXyHfK4_MX-uv_e?accountName=boondoxsaints&characterName=zakkfireah
"
Aoki4 wrote:
Should i just search for 1.75 or more aps swords with min 22% crit strike chance? Is it enough?
Thank you for the build btw, i'm respeccing to this, i'm hoping to achieve at least shaper.

Depends on how much you are willing to spend but basically the higher the better.
I also try to look for cold pen on my swords so something like this (with a bit more crit chance) would be ideal.

Accuracy is not mandatory but it would be nice to have.
"
boondoxsaints wrote:
I just got back home from 1 week of vacation and now found this, quite similiar to my build. However my build had a few other options (and my gear is still in levelling state + I switched from another build, so got an akward ring etc, but nevermind).

1) I took spell crit-nodes. Have to think a bit over those. For me they seem to matter, but I still haven't levelled gems fully etc.

2) I use a Tabula Rasa (so far) and have Freezing Pulse as a CoC-gem. Atleast when levelling I found it superior to Cold Penetration or other gems. FP just whipes all mobs which arent struck by Ice Spear.

3) I have the helmet enchant "Ice Spear fires an extra projectile" which is amazing. Specially if you havent the Dying Sun flask.

4) I have one curse on hit setup with assasins mark, providing powercharges. I find this amazing to build a crit train.

5) Using Vaal Haste on bosses and Arctic Armour for some extra defence.

The skill tree is close to yours and I use jewels with mana leech on for sustaining mana. I will check back on your build tomorrow and compare more to mine. Specially the spell crit one since I thought it was mandatory overall.

Btw, I was thinking of going Point Blank since I am already facetanking map bosses, just to add an extra boost. Have you considered it? Nice to see a similiar build anyways, will provide more feedback the upcoming days.

Spoiler

Passive;
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAAAGAF4B0QMeBS0FtQceCC4NjQ5IES8RlhVDFfYZjhqNG8gfQSP2JP0nqSoLLlMwcTB8Nj031DpCQzFEDUd-SVFLeEz_TZJOKlFHVEdbJluvXfJhEGJ5YqxlTWwIbIxwUnTtdct9dX_Gf_uA4YTZidOMNo19jX6Nv4_6kAqVLpsmm42dqqKjo4qmvq_rtMW3F7mTu-O9Nr6nwuzDCcSiyNzI8M2Yz17Tb9N-1CPawdvn3ajiXuOE51To1upi62Pr9e0_7YPuDu968NXyHfK4_MX-uv_e?accountName=boondoxsaints&characterName=zakkfireah

1) If you watch my videos you'll find that for single target damage I always stand back and attack from range while taking advantage on the properties of ice spear second form: 600% increase crit chance and 50% crit multi which is AMAZING. It makes it so that I have over 90% crit chance with a diamond flask up and way more than you could ever get on the tree.

This also means that it wont be a good idea to take point blank. While that gives us a 50% more multiplier I would prefer to be consistently critting for a 500% more multiplier.

2) For clearing mobs with ice spear, the trick is to cast lancing steel then whirl towards the pack while the spears are triggering. This makes it so that the spears don't fly in a straight line and clears very effectively in red maps with the help of herald of ice. I am a strong believer that there should only be 1 spell in your CoC setup because it triggers the spells in an alternating manner so essentially, with 2 spells you are just halving the effectiveness of both spells while missing out on a support gem slot. This is especially important for single target later on.

for points 3) and 4)
I find it really important to have power charges up when I am fighting bosses (especially shaper/elder) so I would not recommend assassins mark. While the +1 projectile seems good on paper, I don't think it as important than having power charges up, giving us 120% increased crit chance.

Vaal haste would be a fine addition, I will add that to my setup

Thanks for the feedback!
"
Leysonic wrote:
"
Aoki4 wrote:

Depends on how much you are willing to spend but basically the higher the better.
I also try to look for cold pen on my swords so something like this (with a bit more crit chance) would be ideal.

Accuracy is not mandatory but it would be nice to have.

Ok thank you!
I'm using 2 1c weapons for now and i'll surely upgrade them asap.
"
Leysonic wrote:

If you were to buy a gem i would suggest to get lvl21 ice spear since the damage boost is really worth it. I would also get a 20 quality GMP and Cast on crit.

thanks, what if we use +2 projectile tabula? that way we will have 22lvl (23 if base 21) ice spear and GMP. Am thinking this since cost is too high for 21:)
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
"
Leysonic wrote:

If you were to buy a gem i would suggest to get lvl21 ice spear since the damage boost is really worth it. I would also get a 20 quality GMP and Cast on crit.

thanks, what if we use +2 projectile tabula? that way we will have 22lvl (23 if base 21) ice spear and GMP. Am thinking this since cost is too high for 21:)

You surely will be living on the edge with 4k hp if you do that!
Several updates:

Using war banner for increased accuracy

Switched out controlled destruction for hypothermia as I have enough crit to chill shaper

Added pandemonius as best in slot amulet

Added Vaal rf and Vaal haste
Last edited by Leysonic on Dec 26, 2018, 9:45:21 PM
Hey i like this build , but why your ice spears are blue like this is this a skin?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info