[3.5] Ice Spear CoC Deadeye AKA Ice Laser (Cheap) (Endgame Viable) (Shaper DOWN)

"
yorikatl wrote:
So this probably won't work as well with less shotgun?

build is dead now because lancing steel can't shotgun anymore yes

First off I want to thank you for the build. I had a lot of fun with it in 3.5. I was hoping to play it again this season.
Is there any possibLe way to bring the build back to life? I'm unfamiliar with shotgun mechanic.

Because this was one of the coolest builds I've ever played.
shotgun basically means to hit the same target many times with a single skill use. You used to be able to hit a target with as many projectiles as you wanted with lancing steel but now you can only hit it once.
Hence the current form of the build no longer works.

However there may be a possibility to use shattering steel which I think can still shotgun (at close range) so you would have to use another skill since ice spear is better at long ranges.
The character I made based on this build was hands-down my favorite run of the game yet. Since then, it seems like GGG has a special vendetta against your greatness, between the stealth ice spear MTX change, and the shotgun removal. Sorry to see your build ruined.
After theorycrafting some non-replacements, and finding spectral throw to just be inferior to pre-buff (read:nerf) lancing steel, I'm looking to remake it with wands and barrage when I get a chance still this league. If it's half as fun as your build was, I'll report back.

In the meantime, thanks again for this build. It was beast.
Last edited by Norevo on Jul 28, 2019, 5:21:04 PM
This build is now viable again thanks to the new volley-fire jewel we can use barrage in our cast on crit setup. I will post updates later when I fully flesh out the character
Last edited by Leysonic on Dec 17, 2019, 4:46:10 AM
Yes please !

This build was really fun back in 3.5, I really hope you managed to revive it somehow !
"
Leysonic wrote:
This build is now viable again thanks to the new volley-fire jewel we can use barrage in our cast on crit setup. I will post updates later when I fully flesh out the character

Hi, I am not sure but seems barrage cannot benefit from a lot of triggers even with volley jewel? It would be great to see your update on this!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info