[3.5] Ice Spear CoC Deadeye AKA Ice Laser (Cheap) (Endgame Viable) (Shaper DOWN)

"
MNNoxMortem wrote:
@Leysonic Thanks!
I am playing SSF so therefore item progression simply is slower than in trade league :)

Weapons: How do I really rate them? As I can't simply go for the displayed DPS in the stat sheet I have troubles comparing different options. I've experimented with two 6%-7% crit axes which half the physical damage and while the attack speed was the same, the crit chance displayed for Lancing Steel was quite higher but it still felt like I was loosing a lot of damage. Likely also because I've additionally lost the value of the sword nodes.

What do you mean with "wrong armour"? Isn't Belly of the Beast purely survival based, or are you just referring to the 4L vs 6L problem? I am working on that.

Flasks: Are any of them mandatory for the build? I can see Atziri and Dying Sun add some punch to the build. I have never used Wise Oak before, is the 13% ice penetration that powerful?

Amulet: Oh, I thought the amulet would fit a COC build more than perfectly? Does the added crit chance not outweigh the negative crit modifier?

Rings: They are crap and solely used because I have a hard time capping the resistances with this character.

Don't get me wrong, I know I am far from what the build suggests as ideal, however compared to other builds It feels more difficult to transition into it (let's say Triple Herald Blade Vortex which is simply insanely easy to level and play even in SSF). I am merely asking for suggestions on how to get there easier in SSF.

At least the level of ice spear will increase on it's own :D

Edit: Also I should have phrased it differently. I don't think the build is clunky by design but it feels clunky for me at the moment (because I have a tough time transitioning into it).

for weapons you need atk speed and crit chance
so you would just pick weapons that attack really fast (1.8 attacks per second at least) and then weapons with high crit chance (7% crit chance at least)
therefore physical damage modifiers do nothing for the build and the tooltip is useless.

If you are SSF, then yes any armour for defense will do. But 5L is very important and the 6th link less so.

I would say flasks are mandatory for pretty much every build in the game (except summoners and such) since they are way too strong. Dying sun might be a bit hard to get but I would definitely go for atziri and wise oak flasks first.

The negative crit multi on the amulet is a total no go. I think if I wear no amulet I would do more damage than wearing that =(

A lot of this build is centred around ascendencies too so if you don't have them you're gonna feel pretty bad.
Hi! This was my first ever build for POE. Do you plan on making an update for 3.6? I see that the passive tree changed for a portion of this build and would be curious to see if other support gems might be better for this build.

If you do make an update, I noticed that you switched out hypothermia for another gem (can't remember which one). Was there a reason for this switch in the late game? I noticed that it boosted the damage of ice spear significantly with the change.

Thanks!
Would love to see this one updated as well. Made the huge mistake of not getting a screenshot of my tree, and Synthesis broke part of it near Shadow.

If there was an updated gem aside from Hypothermia? I would definitely also like to know about it.

This was one I made way too late into the season to really enjoy, and as of now, is a little ranger in Act1 Synthesis. Hopefully she will see more maps cleared from off screen.

Cheers.
"
shimmishim wrote:
Hi! This was my first ever build for POE. Do you plan on making an update for 3.6? I see that the passive tree changed for a portion of this build and would be curious to see if other support gems might be better for this build.

If you do make an update, I noticed that you switched out hypothermia for another gem (can't remember which one). Was there a reason for this switch in the late game? I noticed that it boosted the damage of ice spear significantly with the change.

Thanks!

I still think hypothermia is good, it has a pretty good multiplier

I plan to make another update for 3.6 but I would probably make some major changes just to try things out
"
Amnyx wrote:

Tree looks about right, but I plan okaying this in 3.6 with some changes. going MoM and elderich battery just to see if its a bit tankier this way
Hi, could you please update your pastebin? I look forward to trying this build ASAP :).
I was working up something similar to this using lacerate and dual Cospri's when I came across this build. Started this up instead and am really looking forward to it for budget reasons.

*Theorycrafting Alert*
For weapons, if anyone wants to get into some hard-core crafting, I think the perfect sword would be a courtesan sword or smallsword (Highest base crits per second). Temple Toco's penetration prefix (up to 15%), attack speed, crit chance, and crit multi suffixes (alts for one and a lucky regal for the other two), then bench craft spell damage (50%ish roll only costs 4C), Then corrupt the whole shebang for a skills fire an additional projectile implicit (I found this corrupt on an attack speed/crit chance sword for sale and bought it for 1C, but then it's too late to craft the spell dmg).
Such a beast doesn't exist on standard or Synthesis trade at the moment, even without the corrupt. But, you can find 8% crit chance, 1.75ish aps crit multi swords for 1-2 chaos on trade right now and craft the 4C spell dmg. Cold pen versions of the same seem a bit harder to find, but I'm hopeful.
Max crit/speed 1H swords with 50dps aren't evidently highly-valued by anyone right now. =) 5-6 chaos for a massively best-in-slot item is worth the build.

Great job putting this together. Here's hoping to tackle some endgame with it!

*Update on fossil crafting vs buying weapons*
Currently near league-end a good 4-resonator setup costs 13C and first attempt was a complete failure.
Meanwhile I paid something like 7C for this shaper ele pen sword tonight plus 4C for the spell dmg craft. Fossil crafting just for penetration is not worth it while these are so undervalued. The other two swords here cost 2-3 chaos each about a month ago, plus the 4c spell dmg craft.

Here's my pastebin as of this evening if anyone wants yet more food for thought.
https://pastebin.com/jfMnWYs1
Still working on HP with the next few levels. I didn't read through all the other posts, but thought I'd note the synergy between Pandemonius and Farrul's Bite. I had planned on using aspect of the cat instead of herald of ice for single target, but ice spear's 2nd stage is already over 100% crit chance.
Last edited by Norevo on May 5, 2019, 3:12:47 AM
Just respec'd to this from another Lancing Steel ranger build and god damn is this builds damage incredible. Clear speed is extremely good as well due to the ice spears range and how fast they spew out of you.

Did a few things differently to the main post such as CwDT 1 + Vaal Cold Snap 7 + Vortex 4 + Bonechill 20 in a spare 4L (you can also self cast the vaal cold snap) for a bit of occasional extra damage/chills/frenzy charges and also Storm Brand 20 + PCoC 20 + Arcane Surge 6-11 (depends on how many times you want to cast for a stronger surge) + Blind 20 in another spare 4L I had for a 10-15% more spell damage and also free power charges and blind for bosses which can help quite a bit.

All the changes seem to give quite a bit more damage without really losing anything (mostly from arcane surge and pcoc).

I followed the tree a few posts above this one. Flash Freeze and Snowforged could be potentially nice damage passive nodes to pick up without too much hassle.

Got some pretty nice swords for not too much cost too, only 20 or 30 chaos each I believe.

You can check out my characters profile (SpectralCoc_Boi) if you would like to see my setup properly. Will probably change the Atziri's Step for some res boots to get a better damage focused amulet such as Pandemonius and a Mark of the Shaper ring in future.
Last edited by nadiayorc on Apr 6, 2019, 12:52:54 PM
So this probably won't work as well with less shotgun?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info