[3.5] Ice Spear CoC Deadeye AKA Ice Laser (Cheap) (Endgame Viable) (Shaper DOWN)

Hi there, I recently tried out this build and it's very fun visually, but for some reason my damage is awful. Like taking this long to kill an unmodified T1 Channel map boss awful https://gyazo.com/857fcbcb515551925016305b5507988d. I'm certain it is merely something on my end but I cannot find the main reason why. I did read that the Mark of the Shaper is not a required item, though it seems like the only way I could even put some damage into it. Obviously my skill gems aren't fully leveled, the gear isn't the most optimized thing in the universe. Though I feel like I am heavily under performing even with a 5 Link Belly of the Beast. Of course I am not expecting to tear down any T16 boss in like 10 seconds by not having the expensive items like Dying Sun and The Mark of the Shaper, but the fact that I cannot even reliably clear out mobs in mid tier maps is concerning. Could it be a lack of Abyssal Gems with spell damage on them? That is a possibility I will look into but that alone can't be what makes the difference between clearing T1 and like T12. If anyone could give me some insight about where I can bring the build up to speed, I'd appreciate it greatly!
"
raptorpotato wrote:
Hi there, I recently tried out this build and it's very fun visually, but for some reason my damage is awful. Like taking this long to kill an unmodified T1 Channel map boss awful https://gyazo.com/857fcbcb515551925016305b5507988d. I'm certain it is merely something on my end but I cannot find the main reason why. I did read that the Mark of the Shaper is not a required item, though it seems like the only way I could even put some damage into it. Obviously my skill gems aren't fully leveled, the gear isn't the most optimized thing in the universe. Though I feel like I am heavily under performing even with a 5 Link Belly of the Beast. Of course I am not expecting to tear down any T16 boss in like 10 seconds by not having the expensive items like Dying Sun and The Mark of the Shaper, but the fact that I cannot even reliably clear out mobs in mid tier maps is concerning. Could it be a lack of Abyssal Gems with spell damage on them? That is a possibility I will look into but that alone can't be what makes the difference between clearing T1 and like T12. If anyone could give me some insight about where I can bring the build up to speed, I'd appreciate it greatly!

Like you said, it really is your gems levels. Your ice spear does up to 200 base damage while mine does up to 600 base. That's triple damage just from 1 gem! and even more with other gems.

Another thing I would like to point out is playstyle with ice spear. It grants 600% crit chance and 50% crit multi from its second stage, if you try to point blank the boss you lose about 50% dps. Instead you should stand further back until you see the ice spear transition into its second form before hitting bosess. For mobs it doesnt matter as much.

Also, flasks. Getting a silver flask and an atziri flask should boost damage. As for jewels, I only have 1 abyss jewel. You should aim for rare jewels with crit multi as a priority.
Getting a ice spear helm enchant is also a priority (power charge on crit is good) and pretty cheap because not many people are playing builds like these.

Thanks for the feedback though, I should mention some of this in the guide.
Last edited by Leysonic on Dec 23, 2018, 10:30:55 PM
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
hmm like the swapping earlier , probably can take 30int near twin terror and probably move up for more ints.
Let me try will let you know, thanks for advice

i did swap at 38 with coc, seems alright, although need more crit nodes and merc ascendancy for consistent coc.

am using PCOC and increase critical strike. i was trying for cwdt +gmp+ball lt+pcoc but not that reliable since we dont scale spell crit. Probably only option is enchant for pcoc
i was also wondering cant we use wand barrage? since wands have high base Crit chance i guess around 11+. With this probably we don't need all the sword nodes and can equip shield with hp and spell damage, res?
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
i was also wondering cant we use wand barrage? since wands have high base Crit chance i guess around 11+. With this probably we don't need all the sword nodes and can equip shield with hp and spell damage, res?

I tried this, wand barrage feels terrible at clearing because it only shoots ice spears in a straight line. Also movement with wands is really bad and you can't even shield charge if you have a shield.

Barrage also has a weird longer animation and my single target also sufferes and is worse than dual wielding swords.

Sword + shield is ok but losing on crit is a big problem. My swords also have cold penetration with adds more damage than a shield ever could.
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
hmm like the swapping earlier , probably can take 30int near twin terror and probably move up for more ints.

i did swap at 38 with coc, seems alright, although need more crit nodes and merc ascendancy for consistent coc.

am using PCOC and increase critical strike. i was trying for cwdt +gmp+ball lt+pcoc but not that reliable since we dont scale spell crit. Probably only option is enchant for pcoc

I would even go as far as taking primal spirit and mana flows nodes for int. Ice spear really needs levels and int is hard to come by.
Last edited by Leysonic on Dec 23, 2018, 10:52:43 PM
"
Leysonic wrote:
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:

I would even go as far as taking primal spirit and mana flows nodes for int. Ice spear really needs levels and int is hard to come by.

thanks for quick reply yep will do.
how crucial do you feel gmp is for lancing steel. im not speaking about ice spear, but lancing steel.
"
xMustard wrote:
how crucial do you feel gmp is for lancing steel. im not speaking about ice spear, but lancing steel.

For clearing gmp is nice with lancing steel. For bossing, it doesn't do much.
Build is almost coming by at level 58
Got this cheap for 2c and than crafted speed on it.

rest of current gear

Got a cheap 2c helm and self crafted hp n res, around 4-5c (prices are going really high for this around 40c for starkonja). But after this it feels smoother.

Once level 72 planning to use below after crafting spell dmg on it.

At level 70 will buy cheap 5-6c 20lvl ice spear. Also Ascendancy helps a lot.

Let me know what can be improved as moving forward, currently low with currency

Last edited by Dragonnik1 on Dec 25, 2018, 2:02:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info