[3.5] Ice Spear CoC Deadeye AKA Ice Laser (Cheap) (Endgame Viable) (Shaper DOWN)

"
Leysonic wrote:
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
"
Leysonic wrote:

looks like you are doing quite well.

If you were to buy a gem i would suggest to get lvl21 ice spear since the damage boost is really worth it. I would also get a 20 quality GMP and Cast on crit.

thanks, what if we use +2 projectile tabula? that way we will have 22lvl (23 if base 21) ice spear and GMP. Am thinking this since cost is too high for 21:)

You surely will be living on the edge with 4k hp if you do that!

yeah you are right, lets see if i can buy some cheap 6l and craft some hp n res on it

But yes overall till now Merc Izaro kill was smooth, Kitava kill was smooth.
Tailwind feels really good:)

For further defense on budget i am planning CWDT+Firestorm+Blind/Culling strike
Respecced my char now to something similiar to this.
One question; isn't it better to link the curse to Herald of Ice? Since I find it cursing enemies off screen - instead of using the curse as an aura?
"
boondoxsaints wrote:
Respecced my char now to something similiar to this.
One question; isn't it better to link the curse to Herald of Ice? Since I find it cursing enemies off screen - instead of using the curse as an aura?

I need warlords mark the most when i fight bosses so I would prefer it not to be linked to herald of ice
few queries:
1. currently i have equipped Increase Critical strikes, when it is best to swap with Hypothermia. (currently leveling COC with 18% quality and 4th Ascendancy is pending as well)
2. how do we calculate the DPS / number of projectiles.
3. If we dont have the Shapers mark any other cheap alternative for dmg ?
4. Temple seems to give bit of problem, too many tanky pack size and get hit from all angles, even though we don't die but not able to clear room fast paced (73 lvl room)

Pending things
1. Buy Atziri flask
2. Craft +1 projectile on Armour (don't have Divine :( ).
3. Need to replace gloves and get boot enchantment, probably increase attack speed / increase crit.

Hi, OP. I'm doing the same build.

My gear:

Spoiler

Have you considered getting more Crit Multi from tree instead of hp? Survivability isn't an issue if you have an helmet like mine, along with a watcher's eye (like mine) while also having a shaper neck with cold leech plus your ascendancy. I'm currently sitting at 4,879 hp and I've been critted by Minotaur (with non-maxed light resis due to map mod) and I just won't die.

Mana isn't an issue for me cause I've got alira plus 2 elreon mods and 2 jewels with 2+ mana on hit. I don't lose mana and I can even do no regenerate maps.

You should also use a Beltimber and drop GMP for other gems like crit or crit multi or wtv you prefer.

The only expensive thing I bought was the 6l, Watcher's Eye for 4 ex and my boots for like 3ex (though they are unncesary tbh but help a ton). The rest I bought cheaply or crafted myself (like my neck through Jorgin r3 on research).

The gear I'm still missing is a 6L Loreweave, getting lab enchant on helm and that's it. And maybe take out a gem for crit multi (considering my ice spear always crits, as is).

I already do guardians easily and less than 2 mins. I only need to do shaper and try to spawn uber elder.

What do you think?
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Last edited by Majad on Dec 28, 2018, 3:54:15 PM
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
few queries:
1. currently i have equipped Increase Critical strikes, when it is best to swap with Hypothermia. (currently leveling COC with 18% quality and 4th Ascendancy is pending as well)
4. Temple seems to give bit of problem, too many tanky pack size and get hit from all angles, even though we don't die but not able to clear room fast paced (73 lvl room)

Pending things
1. Buy Atziri flask
3. Need to replace gloves and get boot enchantment, probably increase attack speed / increase crit.

Your IS tooltip says how many projectiles it fires, so you sum your tooltip damage the number of projectiles you have. Doing this in PoB is easier.

You can use a Malachai's Artifice with Storm Brand. It applies EE and it's a tremendous damage boost while also giving you nice Lightning Resistance (in my case), though you need to compensate the other resistances but it's a non-issue for me because I'm running purity of ice and fire.
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Would not it be interesting to use two Goredrill daggers? she has good bonuses related to criticism and bleeding, if you can take a look and tell me what you think ...
Can someone help me with what my tree should look like at 80-85ish? the tree goes to 92 but its hard to tell what should be cut out until then
"
Majad wrote:
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
few queries:

Pending things
1. Buy Atziri flask

Your IS tooltip says how many projectiles it fires, so you sum your tooltip damage the number of projectiles you have. Doing this in PoB is easier.

You can use a Malachai's Artifice with Storm Brand. It applies EE and it's a tremendous damage boost while also giving you nice Lightning Resistance (in my case), though you need to compensate the other resistances but it's a non-issue for me because I'm running purity of ice and fire.

thanks for reply what about swapping hypo? Malachai's Artifice idea is genius!!. I had to stop using Hearld of ice, but boss DPS seems great:)
i was able to adjust res with bit loss of HP, but its ok i can get it with decent Ammy.
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
few queries:

Pending things
1. Buy Atziri flask

When is best to swap gems is up to you, however a good way to test it is simply to take out increased critical strikes and try to crit stuff. If it feels terrible, you need some upgrades but if it still feels decent then you can slap on that hypothermia.

An opal ring with some crit multi and life is a good replacement and what I recommend.

Malachai's artificice is good only for bosses by themselves and doesn't help as much with your clear damage and doesn't have life so i'm not as inclined to suggest it as a replacement.

As for damage, a VERY BIG part of damage comes from crit multi on jewels so make that as one of you next goals. In general, more crit multi on gear wont be too bad either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info