Lightning Arrow

change that sound back really..
ign: LadyRemuu
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/shana_14
Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/DragonSlayerShana
Lightning Crit Cycloner Guide: view-thread/1814828
I miss the old Lightning Arrow visual. The new one is not nearly as epic. Frankly, the original look of this skill is what caused me to build my character around it.

GGG, could you at least offer a microtransaction to get the old visual back? I would pay for it.
Just wanted to say that this skill looks FANTASTIC with the visual update. Ever since I first saw the skill in open beta, I was very put off by the fact that it looked more like a laser being fired from a UFO than anything else. Now it actually looks like lightning! Yay!

Thumbs up.
IGN: Iolar
the new look is very bad imo. dont like it at all
Hey, I'm wondering a couple of things about how lightning arrow works. I'd appreciate if anyone could help me understand. These things are not clear after reading the GGG posts on the subject and other forum posts relating to lightning damage. If someone clarifies these things for me I'll do a write-up for everyone else.

LIGHTNING ARROW: Fires a charged arrow at the target, causing them to be struck by a bolt of lightning which damages up to 3 nearby enemies. (70% damage effectiveness) 50% of Physical Damage converted to Lightning Damage.

- Damage Conversion:

* It's still unclear to me how damage for lightning arrow is converted. If I do 50-100 physical damage, 2-200 lightning damage (from Wrath aura + an equipped ring) and 40-50 fire damage (Anger aura).

* From what I've read I would do (25-50)converted lightning damage + 2-200 lightning damage + 40-50 fire damage. Damage before reduction: 67-300. Final damage (67-300)x0.7 = 47-210 (70% damage effectiveness). All of which would be elemental.

* Is this correct?

- Damage dealt to 3 nearby enemies:

* Once my arrow lands, from what I understand, this same damage of 47-210 (using the example above) is applied to 3 random nearby enemies. All of which would be elemental. Is this correct?

* What is the AoE radius?

* I've read the range of the extra damage jumping to random targets is affected by 'area of effect' passive skill nodes and the 'increased area of effect' support gem.

* If I had increased area damage such as from 'area damage' passive skill nodes and the 'concentrated effect' support gem, would the damage of the 3 lightning bounces be increased?

* Point blank: The jumps effectively do 1.5x damage because the radius of the jump is so small. Is this correct?

* If I combine lightning arrow with chains/fork/pierce, are the subsequent jumps/piercing arrows increased in damage by point blank by 1.5x? (general projectile question)

* If I have 100% chance to pierce with lightning arrow, and I pierce a frost wall, would all my damage be increased by 1.5x? (general projectile question)
Last edited by Lucim on Mar 14, 2013, 1:25:36 AM
"
Lucim wrote:
* It's still unclear to me how damage for lightning arrow is converted. If I do 50-100 physical damage, 2-200 lightning damage (from Wrath aura + an equipped ring) and 40-50 fire damage (Anger aura).

* From what I've read I would do (25-50)converted lightning damage + 2-200 lightning damage + 40-50 fire damage. Damage before reduction: 67-300. Final damage (67-300)x0.7 = 47-210 (70% damage effectiveness). All of which would be elemental.
You removed the remaining physical damage. Converting 50% of physical damage to lightning means 50% of that physical damage becomes lightning damage. You still have the other 50%. So you're missing 25-50 physical (which is not elemental).

"
Lucim wrote:
* Once my arrow lands, from what I understand, this same damage of 47-210 (using the example above) is applied to 3 random nearby enemies. All of which would be elemental. Is this correct?
No, but only because the previous result was incorrect. You're correct in as much as the damage is the same for these targets as the initial one.

"
Lucim wrote:
* What is the AoE radius?
16 Base, just like cold snap.

"
Lucim wrote:
* I've read the range of the extra damage jumping to random targets is affected by 'area of effect' passive skill nodes and the 'increased area of effect' support gem.

* If I had increased area damage such as from 'area damage' passive skill nodes and the 'concentrated effect' support gem, would the damage of the 3 lightning bounces be increased?
No. Lightning arrow deals non-area damage (it's not dealing damage to everything in an area), but the range is affected by area of effect increases. This may well change in future.

"
Lucim wrote:
* Point blank: The jumps effectively do 1.5x damage because the radius of the jump is so small. Is this correct?
No. Why would they be measuring from the arrow to the target. Point Blank affects projectile damage based on how far the enemy is from you. Lightning arrow is no different.

"
Lucim wrote:
* If I combine lightning arrow with chains/fork/pierce, are the subsequent jumps/piercing arrows increased in damage by point blank by 1.5x? (general projectile question)
Pierce has no interaction with Point Blank. damage is still scaled based on how far the target is from you. There is currently a bug where chaining/forking 'resets' the origin, so they scaled based on distance from where they chained/forked. This bug will be fixed in future.

"
Lucim wrote:
* If I have 100% chance to pierce with lightning arrow, and I pierce a frost wall, would all my damage be increased by 1.5x? (general projectile question)
No.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Mar 14, 2013, 1:35:54 AM
Thanks a lot! I was under the impression that the point blank damage recalculated the distance and corresponding increase to damage after the initial hit. (The bug you explained for chain/fork) I thought it was intended and might also work for lightning arrow's AoE and pierce.
Last edited by Lucim on Mar 14, 2013, 3:49:12 AM
Let's face it people. The only reason why you guys liked the old lightning arrow graphic better is because you liked blinding everybody else thinking that it's so cool that your move stands out the most.
"
Asmodon wrote:
Frankly, the original look of this skill is what caused me to build my character around it.

i can totally relate... i'm a little sad :'(

"
Asmodon wrote:
GGG, could you at least offer a microtransaction to get the old visual back? I would pay for it.

probably i will pay too.
Last edited by tufferugli on Mar 14, 2013, 9:25:25 PM
"
Asmodon wrote:
I miss the old Lightning Arrow visual. The new one is not nearly as epic. Frankly, the original look of this skill is what caused me to build my character around it.

This. The old graphic is much more original. The new one looks extremely generic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info