Lightning Arrow

Unavailable
Unavailable

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Feb 4, 2022, 12:12:06 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
neonesis wrote:
I have also experienced such situations, sometimes skill just doesn't work.

Could it just be missing? The arrow might look like it still hits the target, but it's probably missing!
Balance & Design
"
Wightnish wrote:
I think I remember reading somewhere that AoF does it's conversion LAST, so it would just convert 50% physical to lightning damage, and then convert the rest to fire.
Correct. Avatar of Fire steps back and lets the other conversions do their thing, then converts all the physical that's left.
Increased area of effect will increase the area within which lightning arrow can hit additional targets.
"
Watlok wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Increased area of effect will increase the area within which lightning arrow can hit additional targets.
How does the "hits additional targets" behave?

Does it get increased damage from 10% increased area damage?

Do the extra hits carry over all modifiers the original arrow was endowed with?
The skill picks a set number of targets form all valid targets within ranger of the arrow hit, and rolls damage for them as well. It's dealing exactly the same damage as the arrow hit.
It's not area damage - that's used for things which hit all targets within an area. This is targeting specific enemies in range, not damaging everything in an area.
When we have the graphical tech for it, we'll have lightning arcing from the main target to the other targets.
"
MDragoon wrote:
Also the shock chance doesn't reflect properly in the tooltip if it is increased through passives.
That's intended - the skill popup shows the properties of the skill above the basic attack, and thus does not display all your passive bonuses that apply to all your skills.
Only when explicitly displaying totals, such as the damage that will be dealt, or the number of projectiles fired, are your passive bonuses factored into the total.

This is both for clarity (because otherwise all your skills would end up with massive long descriptions by higher levels) and so you can see the properties of that skill - you look at lightning arrow's popup and see it has (for example) 20% additional shock chance, then you know that using that skill is adding 20% to the chance to shock, compared to just using a basic arrow attack.

The character screen, in contrast, is intended to be where you can see the total effect of everything for each skill - it will display the final chance to shock (or other relevant stat) for each of your skills, including any bonuses form the skill itself, support gems, your passives, your gear, buffs/debuffs/auras currently affecting you, and so on.
"
DCDTDito wrote:
How does lightning Arrow hit additional nearby target interact whit lesser multiple arrow and point blank?
Multiple projectiles - each arrow can hit multiple targets, and counts the number it can hit separately from other arrows.

Point Blank - the damage penalty/bonus isn't applied. I hadn't considered that before, we may need to fix it. UPDATE: Talked with Carl, don't expect this to still be the case come 0.9.12
All arrows are affected by point blank, always. The damage to extra nearby targets from lightning arrow currently is not, but this will change.
"
DerWaffleHaus wrote:
I've went through the entirety of this thread and I'm still not sure of LMP+Lightning Arrow. So I have a very nooby scenario played out inorder to clarify things for me. Let's say there are 3 monster standing next to each other and you cast LA(w/ LMP) each one of the arrows hit 1 monster. When the arrow hits the first target will it arc to the other two, resulting in each monster being dealt damage 3 times? (Consisting of an initial hit and 2 arced/bounced arrows?)
Depends how lose they are - usually only the middle one would be hit three times.

The leftmost monster is hit by the leftmost arrow, and the spread damage from the middle arrow. If it's close enough it's also hit by spread damage from the rightmost arrow. (2-3 hits)

The middle monster is hit by the middle arrow, and also by the spread damage of the leftmost arrow and the spread damage of the rightmost arrow. (3 hits)

The rightmost monster is hit by the rightmost arrow, and the spread damage from the middle arrow. If it's close enough it's also hit by spread damage from the leftmost arrow. (2-3 hits)
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 1, 2012, 8:22:26 PM
"
vankeris wrote:
I'm curious if this is now properly affected by point blank and chin sol increased damage at close range effects? I would test this but that gets pretty complicated and I'm out of regret orbs.
Yes, that was fixed in 0.9.12

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info