Lightning Arrow

Unavailable
Unavailable

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Feb 4, 2022, 12:12:06 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Skill mechanic is very nice but manacost very high in low lvls. Same lvl burning arrow with lesser multi projectiles and faster projectiles have lowest mana cost and gives more dps then lightning arrow with out any support gem linked.
I think there are some problems with this skill.
First of all the mana cost is way too high - let's compare it with poison arrow (at the moment everybody uses that):
Lightning arrow:
1. It uses more mana
2. It does no extra damage, only converts 50% to lightning
3. It has limited AoE (3 monsters)

While poison arrow, having half mana cost - does extra 30% CHAOS damage, thus no elemental resistances apply nor does e-shield. What is more, it has huge AoE (not limited to X monsters but to area, while lightning is just 3 monsters), which also poisons monsters with DoT chaos damage!
And all that for half the mana cost of lightning arrow.

This needs to be changed somewhat - I don't want to use poison arrow, but it is so, so much better than lightning arrow.
IGN: Neonesis / Violetlight / Sirencurse /... I have too many alts...
I like to hang out in Global sometimes.
use lighting arrow with pierce and mp added ele dam manna leech etc... and see if u want to say poison arrow even comes close. you really have to test a skill and see whats abuse-able on it before comparing to other skills.... although you have to be very careful not to instagib yourself with this in hc and only use it against med-to-large groups to maximize its damage.
Level 41 ranger using lighting arrow with pierce and lesser multishot.
I like it better than split arrow so far due to the extra hits.

I have a question, does this work well with pierce?
I mean if the initial arrow hits 3 more targets will the arrow that pierces hit another 3 targets? (still can't figure this out).

With weapon elemental damage mana cost is sky high! :)
yes it seems to hit extra on each pierce easy way to see this is in a tight space without mp on and watch it smash 10-25 monsters with one arrow depending on positioning and pierce chance is fun ^^ id highly recommend linking with manna leech gem or the mana cost can be a little crippling.
This seems like it would be interesting in combination with Avatar of Fire and Hatred aura for a huge tri-element damage build based totally on physical damage nodes.
"
neonesis wrote:
First of all the mana cost is way too high - let's compare it with poison arrow (at the moment everybody uses that):
Lightning arrow:
1. It uses more mana

While poison arrow, having half mana cost - does extra 30% CHAOS damage, thus no elemental resistances apply nor does e-shield. What is more, it has huge AoE (not limited to X monsters but to area, while lightning is just 3 monsters), which also poisons monsters with DoT chaos damage!

This needs to be changed somewhat - I don't want to use poison arrow, but it is so, so much better than lightning arrow.

You're comparing poison arrow which has its damage distributed over time, as opposed to lightning arrow that's instant damage.

It needs to have a drawback somewhere, mana cost seems more then fine to me.
I just started noticing this today. Perhaps new with the last patch.

The skill is not always working.

I use either the +elemental damage or the burning arrow with left mouse and lightning arrow as right mouse.

Character name: Ives
Class Ranger

The when clicking right mouse I sometimes get a normal hot instead of the lightning arrow. It doesn't always happen, and more often then not it is the first shot in a volley they doesnt use the skill, this would be when mana is full or near full. More rarely it will be in the middle of a string of shots.

Is there some sort of internal cool-down? Either for skill use in general or when switching skills perhaps?

** Asus Crosshair TUF Gaming x570-Plus, Ryzen 3900x, Corsair H100i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4, RX6900XT, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD **
"
Nolimitation wrote:
"
neonesis wrote:
Lightning arrow:
1. It uses more mana

You're comparing poison arrow which has its damage distributed over time, as opposed to lightning arrow that's instant damage.

It needs to have a drawback somewhere, mana cost seems more then fine to me.

Funny that you say that, because poison arrow does actually MORE DAMAGE ON HIT than lightning arrow. Then, it also does Damage Over Time. All that for less mana cost, plus AoE ;)

"
ElfBoy wrote:
I just started noticing this today. Perhaps new with the last patch.

The skill is not always working.

I use either the +elemental damage or the burning arrow with left mouse and lightning arrow as right mouse.

Character name: Ives
Class Ranger

The when clicking right mouse I sometimes get a normal hot instead of the lightning arrow. It doesn't always happen, and more often then not it is the first shot in a volley they doesnt use the skill, this would be when mana is full or near full. More rarely it will be in the middle of a string of shots.

Is there some sort of internal cool-down? Either for skill use in general or when switching skills perhaps?

I have also experienced such situations, sometimes skill just doesn't work.
IGN: Neonesis / Violetlight / Sirencurse /... I have too many alts...
I like to hang out in Global sometimes.
Last edited by neonesis on Mar 28, 2012, 4:39:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info