Lightning Arrow

"
neonesis wrote:
I have also experienced such situations, sometimes skill just doesn't work.

Could it just be missing? The arrow might look like it still hits the target, but it's probably missing!
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
"
neonesis wrote:
I have also experienced such situations, sometimes skill just doesn't work.

Could it just be missing? The arrow might look like it still hits the target, but it's probably missing!

I thought about that and have watched the missile very closely.

What I have noticed:

When fired the skill will do a small electric animation on the arrow in flight. The cases where I believe it to be not working I dont see that animation.

I have also watched the projectile and found it stops at the target I fired at. Shouldn't it continue on a miss?

Also, I have had cases (rare) where I fired 10 or more shots in a row and had them all "miss" or not activate yet the undamaged model for the mob is now animated as being full of arrows.
** Asus Crosshair TUF Gaming x570-Plus, Ryzen 3900x, Corsair H100i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4, RX6900XT, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD **
"
ElfBoy wrote:

I have also watched the projectile and found it stops at the target I fired at. Shouldn't it continue on a miss?

Arrow stops if it misses. It's a long known bug, I'd really like to see it fixed but I can perfectly imagine why it's hard to fix this.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
zriL wrote:
"
ElfBoy wrote:

Arrow stops if it misses. It's a long known bug, I'd really like to see it fixed but I can perfectly imagine why it's hard to fix this.

Would the lack of animation, that is firing a generic arrow rather then an electrified arrow also be due tot he same bug then?
** Asus Crosshair TUF Gaming x570-Plus, Ryzen 3900x, Corsair H100i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4, RX6900XT, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD **
Manacost is high, but fair, i think this could be a very nice skill if modded with pierce and some extra dmg.

But I had the same problems as "neonensis" describes. Either the skill has a greater miss chance than all other ranger skills, or it has some aiming problems (bug?)

If this skill wouldn`t "miss" so often, it could be some of my favorites.
I asked this elsewhere, but am gonna leave it here incase the other thread gets buried in the GD like I think it will

"
EpsiIon wrote:
Lightning Arrow: If you have AoF and you have no physical damage to be converted, does it still convert 50% of your fire damage(Formerly physical) to lightning. If so:

Say you hit a unit with say lightning arrow, will elemental equilibrium cause you to do infinitely 20% more damage?

50% fire 50% light, for instance fire is processed first and then light, does that result in a 20% increase permanently?

To start, I never got the point where I could put support gems onto my character, simply never found any. I was able to get a hardcore ranger up to about level 15 before I died and deleted it.

I found that Lightning Arrow was simply sub-par early game. I had my Lightning Arrow equipped as my first skill and found that it ate my mana like a rabid wolf eats a rabbit. In very few attacks I was left with very low mana, and then was required to start using my normal attacks.

For the starting areas, the DPS is lackluster. The AOE of the effect made it difficult to be able to deal 100% of a single attacks damage more than maybe once per encounter with mobs. Because of this, I was more reliant on my normal attacks, seeing as I was able to crit and burst the monsters that were running toward me much easier. When they did clump, which was a little difficult to do without purposely kiting them, I was able to get the damage off with relative ease.

As I leveled the skill, I still found it not as powerful as my normal attack and Poison Arrow for a large portion of the map. It was useful in the Submerged area because of the grouping squids, but past that I found very little use for the spell.

My only idea would be to change how the damage works. The skill seems like it should either be able to chain out (1st arrow chains 2, each subsequent chain chains 1 less -- 3 hit + 2 from each elemental chain = 5 hit total), or have the damage revamped so that it deals either more damage overall (150% is meager when compared to being able to hit with Poison Arrow for 130% initially and AoE DoT), or more damage to the target, like 75% to the initial target hit and then 50% to the targets that are chained.
"
EpsiIon wrote:
I asked this elsewhere, but am gonna leave it here incase the other thread gets buried in the GD like I think it will

"
EpsiIon wrote:
Lightning Arrow: If you have AoF and you have no physical damage to be converted, does it still convert 50% of your fire damage(Formerly physical) to lightning. If so:

Say you hit a unit with say lightning arrow, will elemental equilibrium cause you to do infinitely 20% more damage?

50% fire 50% light, for instance fire is processed first and then light, does that result in a 20% increase permanently?

I think I remember reading somewhere that AoF does it's conversion LAST, so it would just convert 50% physical to lightning damage, and then convert the rest to fire.
"
Wightnish wrote:
I think I remember reading somewhere that AoF does it's conversion LAST, so it would just convert 50% physical to lightning damage, and then convert the rest to fire.
Correct. Avatar of Fire steps back and lets the other conversions do their thing, then converts all the physical that's left.
I've been running a Duelist with lightning arrow and burning arrow. I have lightning arrow with lesser multi projectiles, increased weapon elemental damage and I use the cold damage aura (hatred?). At level 35 it does a good amount of damage to groups, generally the packs die before mana pots run out. It's a satisfying skill to use.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info