[3.6] Elementalist - Armageddon Brand - Ignite. Elder/Shaper Viable - Cheap starter

"
DuckDoggers wrote:
"
Socaro wrote:
Another option for single target could be droping note that allows 2 brands stick to 1 target and use scorching Ray with 3 totems, cus u dont need that note for clearing.

The build is actually amazing ST. even raizeqt himself said it caught him off guard how strong single target it is

It's ok. For me it's not amazing. When i hear amazing im comparing to GC mines.

But it's not at all bad for now. Just cleared Brine king t13 NP
"
DuckDoggers wrote:
"
seabazz wrote:
"
DuckDoggers wrote:
Great build im re-rolling from a mele build to this after being so pleased with video game play. is there any chance in time (sooner than later) you can update the PoB to be a step by step lvl? would make the build that much easier to follow

Thanks!

I'll get on it maybe b4 bedtime today!

i took the time following your node suggestions to create a 6 step leveling tree:

https://pastebin.com/zC6gKzbA

Feel free to tweak the stages, at the very least this will make what you were gonna do easier/quicker. I kept jewels until end assuming most people this early wont have good jewels, can always mix and match hp nodes for some early jewels

Thanks alot! I'll add it to the leveling section
Loving this build so far, just switched over last night.

Currently working on my own variant of this without growth and decay and more focus into phase acro/defensive side of things. Will report back here with results once i start yielding higher tier gear.
Acro is totally worth IT and i would suggest that u go there.

About single it is surprising how good armag st cus everyone thoughts that it will be shitty, but it is actually pretty good altho its not amazing and 3 schorch totems will boost your st dps. And u might not need it, like i was clearing red mapa no problem, but i think totems will be better especialy on t16, shaper, elder.

And to mr shortstak, u should change craft mode on your staff crit is something that u dont need
Last edited by Socaro on Dec 11, 2018, 12:15:19 AM
"
seabazz wrote:
"
Аlchem1sТ wrote:
Can you answer me: are Ignites from each armageddon impacts stacking or not?

Ignites do not stack, However it seems they work like this.
1 ignite is 4 seconds.

So if I hit him and the ignite starts then 2 seconds in I hit the enemy again, another ignites gets added and will start after the first one runs out.

So ignites queue.

Ignites DO stack, but only the highest damage one deals damage.
so for example:
ignite A deals 400 dmg over 4s
ignite B deals 800 dmg over 4s and is applied 1 sec after A
ignite C deals 1600 dmg over 4s and is applied 2 secs after B
ignite D deals 400 dmg over 4s and is applied 1 sec after D

enemy takes 100 dmg from ignite A(1s) then 400 dmg from ignite B(2s) then 1600 from ignite C(4s) then 100 dmg from ignite D(1s)

the wiki is good at explaining this.

Edit:
i would also sudgest using flame surge as a secondary spell for ST, you dont need to spam it since you do have constant damage from the brand, but it packs a nice punch when you have a spare second to throw it out.
@SpyChicken
Last edited by SpyChicken on Dec 11, 2018, 1:22:32 AM
"
RevokTV wrote:
Currently working on my own variant of this without growth and decay and more focus into phase acro/defensive side of things. Will report back here with results once i start yielding higher tier gear.

i am somewhat doing this, if you want something to check against.

pob: https://pastebin.com/6es2G73y
@SpyChicken
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to theory crafting my own builds, but can anyone explain the reasoning for going ignite instead of hit damage?

I made some changes to the build, went for the fire wheel, changed up the support gems and was able to get higher dps(?) in PoB at least. Am i doing something wrong?

Here's the pob: https://pastebin.com/CUfpEJdG
How can you even afford Kaoms Heart and Xophs so early into the league ? :O

And with what gems would you support Brand Recall, if i dont have it in a Unset ring?
Last edited by Karozlol on Dec 11, 2018, 5:57:00 AM
"
Karozlol wrote:
How can you even afford Kaoms Heart and Xophs so early into the league ? :O

And with what gems would you support Brand Recall, if i dont have it in a Unset ring?

Hi there. Managed to six-link a chest during day 2 wich I sold for 3.8 ex and found 2 exalted orbs.

Bought 2x Kaom's actually. Bricked the first one:( First costed med 56C second one costed me 88C

I bought the Xoph neck for 4 ex.

Other than that I have found a total of 3 Tabula rasa wich all sold from 20-23c each

A nearly perfect Tiger est wich sold for 22c

Essence worm ring for 55c

Some rares and uniqes for 1-5c each.

It's been a good league so far:)

Regarding the Brand recall I don't think u need to link it with anything since its instant cast and I don't think i gains anything for any of the support gems. But if you really want to link it to something it would have to be an Empower to increase it's level.

I hope you have a fun time with the build:) Don't forget to check in everyday for changes.
Last edited by seabazz on Dec 11, 2018, 6:15:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info