[3.6] Elementalist - Armageddon Brand - Ignite. Elder/Shaper Viable - Cheap starter

"
seabazz wrote:
"
Adelar wrote:
Do you consider The Searing Touch as an option? And what do you want to use instead of Heralt of Ash?
Q: - Does 34% more burning dmg from heralt applies to all spells or only to heralt burning?

I used The searing touch while leveling for abit. But I do think the +skill gem levels are better.
From what i've read I understand that Herald of Ash does not increased the ignite dmg. Other than the fire damage/spell damage boost wich increases the meteors damage wich then increases the ignite damage.

From my understandings Bigger hits=More Ignite damage. The first reason I went for HoA was because of the Mastermind of Discord ascendancy node wich gives us 25% fire pen while using Herald. But Since I'm no longer going for that one I don't think theres much use of it.

Maybe Anger would be an option for bigger initial meteor hits. or maybe i can bake in some Blasphemy Temporal chains for better survivability.

I'm also considering taking Liege of the Primordial as the last Ascendancy node. and use a second golem (Flame golem)
This will increase our damage and our regen and make our Golems immune to elemental damage.
Removing Herald of Ash would empty a socket for Flame golem.

Also came up with a dps increase in our movement setup.

We use Flame dash-Faster casting-Less Duration-Arcane surge instead of the lightning warp.

Arcane surges improves our cast rate and spell dmg. The cast rate improves our Brand Recall cooldown recovery and should result in smoother gameplay with some more damage. However it does not teleport as far.

actually, HoA does nothing for ignite damage, niether does the 25% penetration from elementalist.
The points are better spent on golem (4x4x) or golem+reflect (4x22) nodes.
@SpyChicken
does faster casting work with armageddon brand?
Last edited by bouby on Dec 10, 2018, 6:50:33 AM
"
bouby wrote:
does faster casting work with armageddon brand?

Yes but there are better supports for it.
@SpyChicken
"
Socaro wrote:
Try adding vaal rf and maybe scorching ray on single...if u have sockets left maybe scorching cast while chaneling firestorm

This could be nice. However I'm very socket starved because of Kaom's Heart. Im gonna try the dual golem and arcane surge setup later tonight when I get home. Also gonna work on my Empower to replace Fire pen.
"
seabazz wrote:
"
Socaro wrote:
Try adding vaal rf and maybe scorching ray on single...if u have sockets left maybe scorching cast while chaneling firestorm

This could be nice. However I'm very socket starved because of Kaom's Heart. Im gonna try the dual golem and arcane surge setup later tonight when I get home. Also gonna work on my Empower to replace Fire pen.

immolate is amazing and is better then empower or fire pen (penetration does nothing for the ignites), it gives alot of base fire damage (wich ignite damage is based on).

the enemy needs to be burning for the immolate support to take effect, but considering the activation time of armagedon brand thats not an issue.
@SpyChicken
"
SpyChicken wrote:
"
seabazz wrote:
"
Socaro wrote:

immolate is amazing and is better then empower or fire pen (penetration does nothing for the ignites), it gives alot of base fire damage (wich ignite damage is based on).

the enemy needs to be burning for the immolate support to take effect, but considering the activation time of armagedon brand thats not an issue.

Sounds good! I will have to try Immolate tonight!
Hey everyone!
Does Spell Echo works with Armageddon Brand?
Spell echo is a waste of gem link; seeing as you can only have 3 brands active at start, and a max of 6 brands if you go hierophant.
"
Ringcycle wrote:
Spell echo is a waste of gem link; seeing as you can only have 3 brands active at start, and a max of 6 brands if you go hierophant.

Agreed
I've been running a build similar to RaizQTs and found alot of success. These builds are still "brand" new so I know there's still a lot we have yet to figure out.

I found the ST damage to also be "good". It want be insta KOing bosses but its really safe damage to allow you to focus on boss mechanics while still pushing out some really good damage on the boss. I see there's a enchant that increase Arm Brand damage by 40% which could be just what we need for ST, although I would have liked to see a helm chant for "You can have an additional Brand Attached to an Enemy".

I like the idea of "scorching cast while channeling firestorm" to give the build that added ST that it needs, just hate the idea of standing still :(

I've also seen some variations when it comes to defense options for those that don't like MoM. Could run Zealot's Oath with a decent amount of +ES gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info