[3.6] Elementalist - Armageddon Brand - Ignite. Elder/Shaper Viable - Cheap starter

"
yrgyo wrote:
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to theory crafting my own builds, but can anyone explain the reasoning for going ignite instead of hit damage?

I made some changes to the build, went for the fire wheel, changed up the support gems and was able to get higher dps(?) in PoB at least. Am i doing something wrong?

Here's the pob: https://pastebin.com/CUfpEJdG

Hello and welcome to the build guide.

There was no specific reason why I choose to make an Ignite build over a basic spellhit build. I just sat down the night before the league and couldn't sleep. Looked at the new spells and found this one to be of interest. And I like elementalist and the free Elemental profiliation made me go ignite.

I'm currently at T13. My goal is to get this to kill guardians/shaper/elder. When I'm done with that or if I feel its gonna be impossible at t15+ I'll most likely try to make it a Hybrid ignite/hit build.

Quick thaughts on that: The Ignite should be fine for clear as hybrid and the higher focus on Initial hits would probably increase Single target damage by alot.

I cant check your pob right now since im at work but I'll give it a look later on tonight.

Have a wonderfull day and may the drops be with you.
"
shortstak wrote:
Loving this build so far, just switched over last night.

Hi there. Welcome to Armageddon Brand.

Nice going. I really like your staff stats! Now i wanna go home from work and craft a better one.
I would swap Crit chance to something else though, We only use crit for keeping Elemental overload up. So crit's don't do any extra damage. but instead we get 40% increased elemental damage for a certain time when we do get a crit.

I wish you luck and may you find some exalted orbs!
Last edited by seabazz on Dec 11, 2018, 6:31:17 AM
going for Mark of the Shaper + elder ring with warlord on hit will make the build much greater, good dmg push and leech. I'm working on a similar build but with crit +staff.
Last edited by kyfde_battlecake on Dec 11, 2018, 6:51:34 AM
For ignite builds i would recommend droping note with 2 brands on 1 target since u wont need that and use 3 scorching ray totems for single target..i think even with hybrid build that would be better
"
seabazz wrote:
"
shortstak wrote:
Loving this build so far, just switched over last night.

Hi there. Welcome to Armageddon Brand.

Nice going. I really like your staff stats! Now i wanna go home from work and craft a better one.
I would swap Crit chance to something else though, We only use crit for keeping Elemental overload up. So crit's don't do any extra damage. but instead we get 40% increased elemental damage for a certain time when we do get a crit.

I wish you luck and may you find some exalted orbs!

Now I'm at work and just want to farm more...I will look at what other options I can swap the % spell crit on the staff - thank you!
Beat me to it, I planned out an ignite brand build for a second or third character. I was going to check out the new and improved Martyr of Innocence. The damage should be about the same as a +3 staff, possibly more budget, and has dope 3d art. New flask looks great too. Nice write up!

"
going for Mark of the Shaper + elder ring with warlord on hit will make the build much greater, good dmg push and leech. I'm working on a similar build but with crit +staff.

If the goal is to scale ignite, Spell Damage doesn't do anything with ignite damage. It's a good idea for a hit based build though!

"
Socaro wrote:
For ignite builds i would recommend droping note with 2 brands on 1 target since u wont need that and use 3 scorching ray totems for single target..i think even with hybrid build that would be better

Ignite always takes the most recent highest rolled damage. For single target, having two brands on them is nice because it helps with re-rolling to get the most damage. It essentially makes your ignite lucky in single target situations. I agree with working Scorching Ray into the build.
Last edited by AXPcikle on Dec 11, 2018, 12:50:11 PM
Celestial punishment and judgement not worth getting?
Sorry if this is not the place that i need to ask,but i need help:-)
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Cyraxbg/characters

I dont know why i dont have survivability atm .
Where am I wrong?
Sorry,one more time if this is not the place to ask advice,and my horable English:-)
Btw i love this build !
"
Cyraxbg wrote:
Sorry if this is not the place that i need to ask,but i need help:-)
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Cyraxbg/characters

I dont know why i dont have survivability atm .
Where am I wrong?
Sorry,one more time if this is not the place to ask advice,and my horable English:-)
Btw i love this build !

Hi there.
nr 1 You dont have Mind over Matter. That gives some survivability. personally I'm not in love with loosing my mana. But my manapot sucks and it would probably be better if I changed it.

nr2 I can't see any source of phasing. 50% reduces enemy detection is great for running around. I use it on a Quartz flask and i have chance to get Phasing on kill from 2 of my abyssal Sockets.

I'm glad you like the build:)

I just completed a t14 map so im going up:)
"
Raastad wrote:
Celestial punishment and judgement not worth getting?

Celestial Judgement - Would give some more elemental damage but 5% penetration seems low. Maybe would have been better if we were using all of the elements.

Celestial Punishment - Actually gives me 11k ignite dps in PoB with my current gear and stats. This might be worth taking instead of a socket.

Good catch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info