[3.6] Elementalist - Armageddon Brand - Ignite. Elder/Shaper Viable - Cheap starter

"
AXPcikle wrote:
Beat me to it, I planned out an ignite brand build for a second or third character. I was going to check out the new and improved Martyr of Innocence. The damage should be about the same as a +3 staff, possibly more budget, and has dope 3d art. New flask looks great too. Nice write up!

"
going for Mark of the Shaper + elder ring with warlord on hit will make the build much greater, good dmg push and leech. I'm working on a similar build but with crit +staff.

If the goal is to scale ignite, Spell Damage doesn't do anything with ignite damage. It's a good idea for a hit based build though!

"
Socaro wrote:
For ignite builds i would recommend droping note with 2 brands on 1 target since u wont need that and use 3 scorching ray totems for single target..i think even with hybrid build that would be better

Ignite always takes the most recent highest rolled damage. For single target, having two brands on them is nice because it helps with re-rolling to get the most damage. It essentially makes your ignite lucky in single target situations. I agree with working Scorching Ray into the build.

I had trouble sleeping the day before new league and just stumbled into the new skillgems and started writing and thinking:D

Im currently thinking about if going for Xoph's blood was a mistake. Maybe it could be better to loose 1 of the support gems to Armageddon brand and get Hpothermia and somehow work with all the 3 elements. Not sure. What are your thoughts?
What did you do for bandits and which pantheon do you prefer? Sorry if I missed it but I didn't see it noted anywhere.
"
Gorydin wrote:
What did you do for bandits and which pantheon do you prefer? Sorry if I missed it but I didn't see it noted anywhere.

Bandits = Kill all

Major god = Soul of Lunaris. phys dmg reduction for each nearby enemy. we are almost in the middle of packs using brand recall

Minor god Soul of Gruthkul Phys dmg reduction for each hit we have taken recently.

Hope you are having a good time with the build:)
"
seabazz wrote:

I had trouble sleeping the day before new league and just stumbled into the new skillgems and started writing and thinking:D

Im currently thinking about if going for Xoph's blood was a mistake. Maybe it could be better to loose 1 of the support gems to Armageddon brand and get Hpothermia and somehow work with all the 3 elements. Not sure. What are your thoughts?

Ele Equilibrium is basically required for ele DoT builds as far as I can tell. I like the idea of using the un-upgraded Xoph amulet for the covered in ash, and then you can use the Malachai ring for free EE. The hypothermia idea is actually a pretty neat one, when I threw it into PoB it did slightly worse than what I made, but you might be on to something. The issue is since it isn't a crit build the chilling will be very unreliable.

Here's what I've been playing around with https://pastebin.com/eKwagrUk EE on the tree is just there for mechanics, I wouldn't actually take it, that's what the ring is for. There is a ultra budget and super gear version. It's getting about 200k on shaper while being mostly naked and without scorching ray (which is decent in my experience for those fights) . I think with good gear and scorching ray stacks it will crush end game.

I'm still having fun with my completely unoriginal arc totems, and with exams and traveling for Christmas, I probably won't get to try it until January, but I'm excited for Armageddon ignite.
"
AXPcikle wrote:
"
seabazz wrote:

Ele Equilibrium is basically required for ele DoT builds as far as I can tell. I like the idea of using the un-upgraded Xoph amulet for the covered in ash, and then you can use the Malachai ring for free EE. The hypothermia idea is actually a pretty neat one, when I threw it into PoB it did slightly worse than what I made, but you might be on to something. The issue is since it isn't a crit build the chilling will be very unreliable.

Here's what I've been playing around with https://pastebin.com/eKwagrUk EE on the tree is just there for mechanics, I wouldn't actually take it, that's what the ring is for. There is a ultra budget and super gear version. It's getting about 200k on shaper while being mostly naked and without scorching ray (which is decent in my experience for those fights) . I think with good gear and scorching ray stacks it will crush end game.

I'm still having fun with my completely unoriginal arc totems, and with exams and traveling for Christmas, I probably won't get to try it until January, but I'm excited for Armageddon ignite.

You seem nowledgeable. Ill look at your ideaa 2morrow after work. Having some internet problems. And The company that does it says it wont be fixed intill thursday. So played a few hours tonight using my phones internet but No stream'(
For those of you wondering why most are taking hypothermia as the 6th link.

39% increased damage is a huge increase. Clip of me explaining why Hypothermia is such a big pick up early for it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CovertTawdryPastaFUNgineer

While only time will tell what scales better for bossing. Clearing maps and leveling/shaping your atlas and delving. Hypothermia is hard to compete with while gearing. So definitely recommend trying it.
"
RevokTV wrote:

39% increased damage is a huge increase. Clip of me explaining why Hypothermia is such a big pick up early for it.

While only time will tell what scales better for bossing. Clearing maps and leveling/shaping your atlas and delving. Hypothermia is hard to compete with while gearing. So definitely recommend trying it.

Thanks for the clip. @ work atm so I cant check PoB. But does adding a Hypothermia show the dps increase in pob if you have Beacon of Ruin specced. Or is that something you would have to calculate on the side?
"
AXPcikle wrote:
I like the idea of using the un-upgraded Xoph amulet for the covered in ash, and then you can use the Malachai ring for free EE.

Maybe Xoph's neck is a mistake all together. I just read and it covers enemies in Ash when they hit me. I was under The impression that my spells added it on hit. Maybe it's not up very much then.
Last edited by seabazz on Dec 12, 2018, 7:47:32 AM
"
RevokTV wrote:

Im not a big fan of Hypothermia.
Why did you ditch out Deadly Aliment for Hypo?
DA gives you 62% More ( lvl 18) with hit and Hypo gives you %37 more VS ONLY chilled enemies.
You can only chill enemy when chilling conflux procs and it is on 10s CRD roration.

I have a question, is this sceptre that i just crafted any good to use with this build? and what could i socket on it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info