[3.6] Immortal Blade Flurry Assassin - Face-tank All Content - [CAN BE DONE ON BUDGET!] - 1 MIL+ DPS

"
grindst0ne wrote:
I don't think it works that way though, if I read the wiki. I'd like to know if this is the case as I've been wondering this for a while. It also goes for shock and ignite.

The wiki says:
By default, only cold damage is able to inflict freeze, but certain equipment can alter the default behavior such as The Three Dragons can change which damage types are able to inflict freeze.

And then:
Base freeze duration is 60 milliseconds (0.06 seconds) for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by cold damage, up to a maximum of 50% (3 seconds). Freezes with a duration smaller than 0.3 seconds are discarded, effectively requiring a hit of 5% enemy life.[2] As an example, The Shaper has approximately 20 000 000 life. Minimally freezing The Shaper requires a single hit of 1 000 000 cold damage.

So, this would mean that you won't actually freeze opponents unless you deal enough cold damage, which you do not if you just have a source of cold damage and add hypothermia. Otherwise you could essentially do the same for all types of elemental ailments.

Let me know if this is correct.

The freezing part actually doesn't really matter, it is really just the chill part that we care about that we are getting the extra buff from Hypothermia. The best example of seeing this in action is the build gameplay video. You can hear the shattering of multiple enemies because they are freezing and getting chilled. This is with just relying on some small flat cold damage from a jewel alone.

With Shaper, you might want to swap out the gem for something else though, because we would not deal enough cold damage to reliably freeze/chill them. We would want to swap Hypothermia in this case. With mobs, it works just fine. Hopefully that makes some more sense.

And to be honest, this build was from a bit ago and an extremely old league starter that I used like a year ago. It is a bit outdated and definitely so compared to my other guides that have gotten better over months/years. When I say outdated, I don't mean without updated skilltrees and whatnot, but just the way I wrote it and the understanding of the game.

Good luck.
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Mar 26, 2019, 10:32:27 AM
Thanks for the guide!
Are you planning on updating it? Some items like tombfist have changed so I'm wondering if it's still good for this build(attack speed removed).
"
Arakismo wrote:
Thanks for the guide!
Are you planning on updating it? Some items like tombfist have changed so I'm wondering if it's still good for this build(attack speed removed).

Even with the attack speed moved from it, Tombfist is still good since of the intimidate and maim on hit with the right abyss jewels. We get that maximum life roll on it too. As mentioned in the guide though, a good pair of rare gloves with life+resists would suffice.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
"
"
grindst0ne wrote:
I don't think it works that way though, if I read the wiki. I'd like to know if this is the case as I've been wondering this for a while. It also goes for shock and ignite.

The wiki says:
By default, only cold damage is able to inflict freeze, but certain equipment can alter the default behavior such as The Three Dragons can change which damage types are able to inflict freeze.

And then:
Base freeze duration is 60 milliseconds (0.06 seconds) for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by cold damage, up to a maximum of 50% (3 seconds). Freezes with a duration smaller than 0.3 seconds are discarded, effectively requiring a hit of 5% enemy life.[2] As an example, The Shaper has approximately 20 000 000 life. Minimally freezing The Shaper requires a single hit of 1 000 000 cold damage.

So, this would mean that you won't actually freeze opponents unless you deal enough cold damage, which you do not if you just have a source of cold damage and add hypothermia. Otherwise you could essentially do the same for all types of elemental ailments.

Let me know if this is correct.

The freezing part actually doesn't really matter, it is really just the chill part that we care about that we are getting the extra buff from Hypothermia. The best example of seeing this in action is the build gameplay video. You can hear the shattering of multiple enemies because they are freezing and getting chilled. This is with just relying on some small flat cold damage from a jewel alone.

With Shaper, you might want to swap out the gem for something else though, because we would not deal enough cold damage to reliably freeze/chill them. We would want to swap Hypothermia in this case. With mobs, it works just fine. Hopefully that makes some more sense.

And to be honest, this build was from a bit ago and an extremely old league starter that I used like a year ago. It is a bit outdated and definitely so compared to my other guides that have gotten better over months/years. When I say outdated, I don't mean without updated skilltrees and whatnot, but just the way I wrote it and the understanding of the game.

Good luck.

Ah got it. Thanks!
Can this be done with dual Claws? Anyone have a build for that?
Sericus
"
Sericus wrote:
Can this be done with dual Claws? Anyone have a build for that?

Yes and no to some extent. The main thing that makes this build is the 100% hit rate. Since we are a crit build, we need to ensure that we have 100% hit chance. Crit is affected by accuracy which is why the hit rate is so stressed here. Lycosidae gives us 100% hit chance which is why it is required for this build.

Back then I would say you couldn't run dual claws for the build, since if you took Resolute Technique for the 100% hit, you would not be able to perform any more critical attacks which is one of the main points of this build. This is now possible because of the recent leagues coming out with the new affixes you could craft on the bench.

Now you can craft "hits can't be evaded" onto your weapons though it is a bit expensive. If you craft or find some claws with this crafted mod, then you can go dual claws. The only thing is, you need to make sure that both of the claws have this mod because Blade Flurry alternates hands while you channel and attack with it.

Hopefully this sparks some ideas for you and helps.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
where are you getting 95% crit chance from?

even fully gemmed etc. on path of build this only gets to about 55% (for level 90 char) and 60-70% range for level 100

are you able to provide a PoB link?

"
watsagoon wrote:
where are you getting 95% crit chance from?

even fully gemmed etc. on path of build this only gets to about 55% (for level 90 char) and 60-70% range for level 100

are you able to provide a PoB link?

The PoB link is on the bottom of the guide. We are only actually sitting at the 50% range normally, but our Assassin ascendancy gives us 100% more crit on full and low life enemies which is why our crit chance shoots up so much higher. You honestly don't need to invest too much into crit since we naturally will get a ton just being an Assassin.

Hopefully this helps.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Yes that answers the question, thank you :)

Will try this build out now!
Hey there,

I'm new to the game and just got into the swing of things. I currently love your build. I do have a quick question in regards to gem/socket order. Specifically for the helm "Starkonja's head silken hood". Does the colors need to be exact in order for the spells to be supported? So Green, blue, green red?

The reason i'm asking is I am having an extremely tough time trying to get those to be exact in sequence. Using a lot of resources to get the match. Is there a run around?

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info