[3.6] Immortal Blade Flurry Assassin - Face-tank All Content - [CAN BE DONE ON BUDGET!] - 1 MIL+ DPS

I have one more question, sorry! It seems I am getting one shotted more than usual. my life is sitting a around 5.7 and my resistances in parenthesis are 100, 105 and 80. Do I need to work on getting the iron reflexes node? I really need to find a way to make this build a little more tanky for it to be viable for end game stuff. Another thing is the range on blade flurry can make life regen difficult against boss mobs.
"
Doodoofactory wrote:
I have one more question, sorry! It seems I am getting one shotted more than usual. my life is sitting a around 5.7 and my resistances in parenthesis are 100, 105 and 80. Do I need to work on getting the iron reflexes node? I really need to find a way to make this build a little more tanky for it to be viable for end game stuff. Another thing is the range on blade flurry can make life regen difficult against boss mobs.

I am going to be recording a video really soon to show you how it runs and the face-tanking ability of the build.

Iron Reflexes is definitely a huge plus for the build because we use Unwavering Stance to be immune to stun. One suggestion would be to not take Unwavering Stance until you can get Iron Reflexes. Just having some of that extra evade can be another layer of defense. I just value stun immunity super high because it helps us face-tank a whole lot smoother and handles end-game content easier. This is why I also use Dream Fragments because you don't want to get chilled, frozen or stunned while you are face-tanking. If you're still facing some problems with defense, you can grab Unwavering Stance later when you get Iron Reflexes though. With Iron Reflexes and Unwavering Stance, you have all of that evasion being put to use since you cannot evade anymore.

Are you also using the Pantheon with the recommended captured souls? This is really key for the build as well. Increasing recovery rate by 50% is no joke and one of the reasons why this build can tank so well. Getting the extra regen while stationary is a huge plus too. My current Assassin in Delve was only sitting at around low 80's and was blasting red maps to oblivion. I was doing yellow and low red maps at level 70 when using the build too. There might be something that we're missing.

You have a PoB or something I could check as well?
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Dec 4, 2018, 11:01:24 AM
Thank you! Here is my pastebin

https://pastebin.com/Ff4XUghn
"
hkbrothe wrote:
Thank you! Here is my pastebin

https://pastebin.com/Ff4XUghn

Doesn't look too shabby. Obviously there can be a lot more min-maxing, but it seems like the gist of the build is there.

If you are struggling with survivability, I would suggest in prioritizing maximum life % on your jewels before grabbing the crit multi mods on them. It all depends on how you want to run it though.

One huge thing to note is that your DPS will be a whole lot higher when you get your gems leveled out too. There's still a lot of gems that are under level 20, but you will start really feeling the difference when they hit level 20 or close to it. This will also help your survivability too.

Cheers.
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Dec 4, 2018, 11:51:18 AM
Build is good! Once I get it ironed out I think it will be a beast. I have room on my sockets though. Do you think it would help if I move my immortal call setup and added increased duration? I still seem to keep getting one shotted so I am going to try and boost my life.
"
hkbrothe wrote:
Build is good! Once I get it ironed out I think it will be a beast. I have room on my sockets though. Do you think it would help if I move my immortal call setup and added increased duration? I still seem to keep getting one shotted so I am going to try and boost my life.

Ah ha, I see one of the huge problems in survivability now too. Your CWDT setup for your Immortal Call is way too high. You want it to be activating all of the time. Keep your CWDT at level 2, Immortal Call at level 4 and Blood Rage at level 8. You honestly don't need increased duration.

We want Immortal Call to constantly activate so it makes us survive repeated bursts of damage. If you just have it activate once or twice at best while face-tanking, you will not leech quick enough and are more susceptible to being one-shot. You will really start seeing how great this is when you spec into Unwavering Stance. Since we are always going to be getting hit, Immortal Call is activating so much and on top of us instant leeching? This is what makes it so we can face-tank everything.

I think you will feel the build completely change once you lower your gem levels on your CWDT+Immortal Call setup. Give it a try and let me know how it feels.
[Build/Stream Thread]
Posted a gameplay video so you can see the build in action.

Also, the 3.5 patch will not affect this build at all. If anything, we get a minor buff with Vaal Haste being able to be instant casted now. When you pop Vaal Haste before 3.5, you would leave yourself vulnerable but not with the new 3.5 patch.

Cheers!
[Build/Stream Thread]
are possible make dual wield with ornament of the east? increasing the damage including "hits can't be evaded"

I'm new to the game and I was in this doubt
"
Lúa wrote:
are possible make dual wield with ornament of the east? increasing the damage including "hits can't be evaded"

I'm new to the game and I was in this doubt

You could go Dual Wield if you want but I would still recommend using Lycosidae. We're not just grabbing Lycosidae for the 100% hit, but also for the flat life and the block chance for overall more defense.

I would not recommend going Dual Wield though. Bloodseeker grants us instant leech and it is only a local modifier, not a global one. A local modifier only affects the actual base item. A global modifier would affect the character.

Since Bloodseeker's instant leech is local, that means you have to use Bloodseeker to attack with. If you dual wield Ornament of the East with Bloodseeker, you are going to be having two different accuracy ratings because Blade Flurry alternates weapons if you are dual wielding. Ornament of the East will never miss, but Bloodseeker could potentially miss meaning less DPS and missing out on some instant leeching opportunities. This is why I would not recommend going the dual wielding route.

You could go two Ornaments of the East to take care of the accuracy problem, but then you lose out on the instant leech from Bloodseeker. The power of instant leech is broken and one of the main reasons why we can face-tank. If we get rid of it, this build loses a lot of its power and becomes a completely different build.
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Dec 10, 2018, 12:19:17 PM
i do have 1 question, why do you play with Hypothermia Support?

for the skill to be effective we have to chill the enemies. However, i do not see any effect on your account to chill enemies.

Please help me out :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info