Would you want PoE 2?

New 3d engine most of the time implies a new game. However the new game could bring many of the PoE 1 features back.
For gods sake .. NO!

you guys dont have phones? Kappa
B... but... aren't we already on PoE 3.0???

PoE 2 was released a few years ago...
My wishlist: Hi-res digital artbook
Allow spaces in character names
Vulkan and Linux support
Opensource the game
new engine maybe, they said 4.0 was design to combat with d4.
I'm fine with this engine. No need shiny stars on my monitor to feel good with the game.
I can't understand how people are unable to see that when a developer uses its own engine, they can update it daily. I don't think everyone understands what they are saying, when they scream "USE UNREAL ENGINE, IT'S AWESOME, BECAUES I'VE PLAYED A GOOD GAME MADE IN THAT ENGINE!!11".

GGG can - and have been - changing, updating and tailored their engine towards their needs. Listening to Jonathan in the latest Baeclast, new character models and animations are coming in 4.0. I've seen people linking bad character models and animation to the engine. They're just old, it's not like it can't be done in the engine.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I can imagine there is no need for a PoE2, because PoE will raise, increase, get better and will not look the same no more in some years. But still it is just Path of exile.
It doesn't have to be PoE 2. But I definitely want this game to have the same smooth gameplay as D3, Lost Ark and other new games. Battle mechanics feel very clunky. Character movement and animations are far from being smooth. Skill buttons are unresponsive most of the time. I love the dark and realistic art style but graphics look old.

I don't know if it's an engine update which will solve these problems but I think this game needs a big change. If they do it in the right way, then no other game in the genre can compete with PoE franchise.

I hope we get such an update for PoE 4.0. Because no matter how good the content they add is, this game is getting old. I dream of a modern PoE.
Last edited by Cihondar on Nov 20, 2018, 8:43:06 AM
"
Skelos_bg wrote:
We all know PoE biggest flaw is its crappy engine with pre y2k physics. Imagine that same game on a superb 2020 engine - PoE 2! Would you want it or you are happy with how PoE engine currently is?

I think now is the perfect time for GGG to start making PoE 2 and if more people would love to see PoE on a better engine, we have to make the developers aware of that.

Jonathan Rogers stated in the recent Baeclast#32 that their engine is very good and he actually got visibly annoyed and frustrated when it was brought up explaining he really dislikes people who complain about it because issues are generally server side related and not engine related.

The idea is most people including yourself have no clue on how to distinguis engine issues from server side issues.

Check out the video and you may learn something.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
The idea is most people including yourself have no clue on how to distinguis engine issues from server side issues.
You have to re-read all posts in the thread. I explained the difference to those mistaking graphics with engine.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
Jonathan Rogers stated in the recent Baeclast#32 that their engine is very good
He's either trolling or clueless then. PoE engine is a complete crap. GTA 1's engine allows for higher skill check than PoE and it is a 1997 game.

Also, before replying try some modern aRPG game to get some clue about PoE's engine problems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info