You know, I think Blizzard deserves more respect

Didn't Phantom Menace make a boatload of money?
Who knows? I dont watch movies. It's called passive entertainment. I play games, basketball, go camping or riding with my wife/kids for entertainment. Active forms where your are a participant not living some fake characters life on screen.
Git R Dun!
Yup, they made more than a billion on about 100 million budget. 10 times the returns. To be fair Phantom Menace was better than episode 7 so there is at least that.
Blizzards best days are long gone.
In recent memory they haven't produced anything worth while.
D3 was such a failure. I waited for it with anticipation than i saw the first trailers and was like - oh no. Didn't even buy it.

Overwatch is something i bought. I was fun with the initial hype but it's a dull game. It lacks depth.

Heros of the Storm is another turd. Dull and lacks depth.

What they have done to WOW disgusts me as a veteran player.

Now J. Allen Brack (you think you do but you dont guy) is the president or whatever.

Blizzard used to make ambitious games, now they make the equivalent of video game fastfood. GGG has taken this direction too but to a far lesser extent so far.

Blizzard has lost alot of people that were involved in making D1, D2, vanilla WOW.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
Naaaaah Overwatch is a huge success no matter how you look at it.
I will post this again since I did it in another thread:

If Blizzard remastered D2 with better storage and some other modern QoL updates I would throw my money at them and disappear from society for a lengthy amount of time.

For very little investment I expect Blizzard could make a serious fortune, but misdirected pride over the maintenance of D3 as a going concern prevents this from happening. And makes me a sad ARPGer.
"
vmt80 wrote:

Yeah difference between PoE and WoW is that WoW actually does have a PvP. PoE PvP is lagfest & turd mechanics.

"
vmt80 wrote:
PvE players don't give a f*ck about PvP. Neither do I. And yeah I won't bother to google it. Lag alone on my slow-ass pc guarantees I won't ever go PvP.

so, do you pvp or not.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Blizzard has a lot of money. But I like the personal attention put into Path of Exile that you don't see with Blizzard. I think a lot has to do with GGG being a smaller company. Even though it has some unpolished issues like lag, it has been getting better.

Chris the creator has a passion for these types of games. Whereas Blizzard has employees who just want to get paid. And it shows in the quality of gamestyle/gameplay.
Builds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149153
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245701
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2664371
Shaper Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2252008
The PoE music and sound tracks are of the highest polish. Fittingly as the PoE music composer is Polish.

Kamil Orman-Janowski: PoE Soundtracks
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
One thing Blizzard is good for. Not quality games, no no no, the right word is - polish. People who spent some time playing D3 know what I am talking about. No lag, no crashes, no forced disconnects, no server switching because the current one has become a laggy hell, no random instance lag where you need to reenter it to stop it. No. That didn't happen.

Imagine PoE with Blizzard's polish for a second. Best ARPG ever by far.

No lag? No crashes? No forced disconnects?

Are you sure you are talking about the same Blizzard as in the developer of D3? Because there have been a lot of issues in that game. And by "a lot" I actually mean "a lot".

Just to give some examples on top of my head, launch was a failure.
Area damage procs used to ruin the whole server.
Packing up monsters used to freeze the screen (this was still an issue last time I checked).
Random crashes for no apparent reason were a thing.
During peak hours lag was an issue when people were playing that game.
If you stay idle for a certain time you'll still be disconnected from server. We used to abuse the numlock trick and a channeling spell so that we wouldn't disconnect from the server for some reason.
Some rifts used to lag more than others.
Some game instances had more ping than others. So we used to reneter the game to avoid it.

Basically every single complain you have in your post was and some still are valid for Blizzard games, namely D3, too.

The main difference is "polish" in terms of "fluid gameplay", "optimization" and "color scheme".

If you are talking about the "current" state of D3 and PoE... It has to be easier to fix bugs when you do not add anything to your game. Think about for how long D3 has been in maintenance mode now. And compare that time with PoE's.

I'm not saying one is better than the other. I'm just saying every game has it's issues. Ignoring some of those to undermine another game is not a logical approach.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info