You know, I think Blizzard deserves more respect

When Blizzard is truly dedicated to one of their Releases, then they nail it.

D1 is by far the best game ever made, besides Ultima online that nobody can ever beat.

D2 Vanilla, was less good, as they were not as focused on it and D3, was brilliant on release, as they wanted to bring back the D1 feeling, but after a few months they lost their intend with the game and it lead to D3´s downfall.

WOW is similar business, it´s just on life support since years. They roll out the same old that works, keeping the Lemmings busy, but no new ideas are coming through.

That´s what D1 and D3 had so much, new things that could have failed, but both times they just nailed it and dominated the market with their games.

As for POE,

GGG puts a lot of time and thought into their leagues, Beastiary, legacy and Delve are brilliant idea´s, but for whatever reason, they just lose their interest quickly and then abandon the league and it starts to rot.

With some fixing Beastiary would have been perfect, so would have Delve. Sadly, both leagues have not seen any updates after a few weeks in and that leads to players leaving.

The nodes at Delves, could be constantly changed, a Beastiary node would be fun, or a Maps node that only drops T15+, a node with six links, or prophecies...

The sulphite gain needs a massive fix, our mining cart could be improved, it could lower our incoming damage if in the light, it could offer health regen, more max resistance or increased quantity and rarity. We should be able to improve it with azurite further, things that won´t take years to develop, but GGG doesn´t care.

They always stop working on content after a small while and this hurts POE most, just like the buggy client with huge loading times and crashes, where you lose XP, Maps & Co.

Btw.

D3 did run not perfect on release, D2 always had memory leaks in the throne... But, Blizzards games will always run on a toaster decent, while POE requires SSD´s, lots of Ram and a non AMD system to just run ok.

Anyways,

I just wish GGG would improve mechanics further, new content each three months is not needed, if the old would be better balanced. D1 never had new content, but it had the best original content with thousands of hours of gameplay.
Blizzard only deserve respect if you are blind to what they once were, if you respected them in the past its kind of hard to respect them now as they are fundamentally a different company.

They are as you say excellent at polish however, that and their name is all they use to sell games anymore nothing else is required.
"
Oh PVP sucks dick btw according to top tier pvpers yeah you have fun on a turd eh?

Yeah difference between PoE and WoW is that WoW actually does have a PvP. PoE PvP is lagfest & turd mechanics.

I can't really comment how WoW has gotten since, I played the game on unofficial server last time with my friend. It was great, the world itself is so big and you are not rng-gated from content like in PoE.

Also there is no XP death penalty. F*ck you 'HC' grinding slaves.
Last edited by vmt80 on Oct 22, 2018, 10:32:20 AM
blizzard get's my respect when they create good games.

a bad "polish" game is still a bad game tho.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Blizz had problems google rubber banding diablo 3.

Blizz also doesnt do 1/10th calculations this game does. Like no such thing as accuracy, block recovery, etc etc etc.

easy to polish a turd.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 22, 2018, 11:46:36 AM
Gamers Rise Up!! lol, I love that guy.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
Blizzard sold over 55 million copies of D3.

Whats your point? McDonalds sold trillions of hamburgers. I wont eat that crap though. Just because it's popular doesnt mean it good for everyone. I'm having an arugula salad with nuts and raisins for lunch. Not popular but good for me.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 22, 2018, 12:18:08 PM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
One thing Blizzard is good for. Not quality games, no no no, the right word is - polish.

We're talking about a huge, billion dollar company here. Activision goes back almost 40 years, while Blizzard goes back almost 30 years. They have about a quadrillion AAA-titles between them and around ten thousand employees.

If they didn't push out polished games, they'd be in trouble. Or, no they wouldn't, because CoD-fans buy everything, year in and year out, no matter the quality.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
You're comparing an ocean vs a puddle, kinda unfair isn't it?

"
LowBudget780 wrote:
Blizzard sold over 55 million copies of D3.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 made $108,000,000.

People make mistakes. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info