You know, I think Blizzard deserves more respect

Blizzard need to get gritty. Then I might respect them.

Didn't you heard about ERROR 37?!
Blizzard traded respect for money. They're even open about it. And that's fine, there's nothing wrong with making shallow games designed to do nothing but milk money. There's no reason to respect it, though.
Blizzard sold their soul to activision. They will not be putting out a decent game for years to come.

PoE is not perfect but it sure gets a lot of hate for a f2p game. Compared to other f2p crap out there its pretty fracking awesome. I'm sure someone will come posting enumerating the numerous heinous flaws this product has - which are basically exaggerated expectations of the f2p model.

And talk about polish ? Are kidding ? Did you look at the artwork in PoE? The Soundtrack? The lore? Heck I'd go as far as to say that as complex the game is, even from a gameplay perspective it is pretty polished too. You think a passive tree like we have in poe would pass on blizzard's board ? Hell no, they would never bother with something complex like this, they would just dumb it down for the masses and put pandas in it. In my vission GGG did more with their team which is probably 1/10th the size of the one who worked on D3.
"
poepoe091 wrote:
Blizzard traded respect for money. They're even open about it.

I'd very much like a quote on that.
One thing Blizzard used to be really, really good at, was knowing which carrots would keep players going. WoW, no matter how bad it is nowadays, was king in terms of workable goals. You could get home and knew what to do and how to progress. It was fun having a way to work towards your next improvement in an item slot. It was grindy, it was a massive time-sink but players loved it because it was deterministic.

Diablo 2 had similar carrots. You could do boss-runs, gear a character with easy to obtain magic find and go hunt the largest boss you could quickly do. While less deterministic, you would get cool and high-quality stuff. You could make measurable progress - and if you felt you were stuck, you always had a fall-back to recover.

PoE is really shitty at carrots. I rarely had this feeling of getting stuck in a game as in PoE SSF. The sense of progression gets lost and when this happens the drive to play as well.

I give Blizzard credit for carrots.
With my mates, we have a proverb since a loooong time ago :

"Patch day, no play"

Guesses for who ? A clue : we used it a lot for a very common mmorpg :)
I wonder how WoW is still kept alive after so many years if there are indeed this many problems with the game.

I've never played it btw
They really don't. While D3 is definitely a very polished, smooth and visually pleasant game it's terrible content wise.

Knowing how big and rich Blizzard is there is really no excuse for making such a bad game (content wise), and ruining everyone's expectations.

And considering a small indie company did so much better job and keeps updating content every 2-3 months puts even a bigger shame on Blizzard.

I would definitely prefer D3 smoothness level in PoE though.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
People who spent some time playing D3 know what I am talking about. No lag, no crashes, no forced disconnects, no server switching because the current one has become a laggy hell, no random instance lag where you need to reenter it to stop it. No. That didn't happen.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

do me a favor and google "error 37 diablo"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info