[3.5] Hopeshredder Scourge Arrow | Fast beefy Mapper | Deathless Uber Elder (5M+ Shaper DPS)

"
plumf wrote:
Planning to make any changes with the new patchnotes out?

I briefly looked over the patch notes and there weren't any significant changes to this build specifically, I was planning on including any notable changes I saw but every core item and skill this build used was pretty much untouched. When I have more time I'll double check the patch notes more thoroughly to make sure I didn't miss anything and I'll also be updating this guide if any new items/affixes are introduced this league that prove to be useful on the build.
"
Zeypha wrote:
"
prophets wrote:
"
Zeypha wrote:
Planning on playing this in Betrayal as a league starter, did a practice yesterday and hit 82 pretty damn quickly, what bows do you guys reccomend until I get a hopeshredder, assuming it will take a bit to get considering it drops off uber elder, just any bow with high ele damage?

As far as I know, hopeshredder drops from T6+ elder and not uber elder. Ring from uber elder tho.

"
Hopeshredder can only drop from The Elder in Tier 6 maps or higher. It cannot be chanced. It will always drop as an Elder item.

You are correct my friend, that's awesome, not sure why I thought Uber Elder, got it confused with Void Forge maybe.

That makes me very happy then.

Wondering what curses you guys use in this build, when I did my practice, I was able to put:
curse on hit + elemental weakness + frost bomb + herald of ice together.

It worked well because the herald applied the curse on trash and the frost bomb further reduced elemental resist to the boss.

Let me know if there's a down side to that, cheers!

I recommend using Assassin's Mark over Elemental Weakness for the Power Charges which lead to more consistent crit if you want to use this setup. Your skills should oneshot most trash mobs in maps so the extra damage from Ele Weakness won't help out that much.
"
Provin915 wrote:
What do you think of the new void fletcher? Worth it?

I'd have to play with that one myself before I give you a clear answer but in all honesty I really doubt it will be worth it, the damage on the void arrow is pretty shit and even with the buffs to it I don't think they're enough to push it to viability, not to mention the fact that it doesn't even help with clearspeed since by the time your void arrow goes off everything is dead.
"
alkatzone2 wrote:
Hey, I was thinking of starting next league with this the rain of arrows version, but does it even work without farruls?

Yes it works, you'd just have to follow version 1 of the build and do some gemswapping in your bow.
"
Hi,
I was thinking about playing this (or something very close to), in betrayal league, although in SSF. Taking that into account I do want to ask a few things:

Will this be relatively well-doing when fresh on maps (lvl 70'ish), without any of the uniques?

Would this build still perform up to T15, (perhaps while capable of doing uber elder and/or shaper) - without might of the meek, the uber elder ring and the helmet enchant?

Your leveling will be rough if you play this build without any leveling items, which is why I personally am avoiding playing this build day 1 of league, on top of this Hopeshredder is an Elder-only drop so it will take time before they show up on the market at a reasonable price. With something like a Tempest bow you could definitely clear early maps though, but again that's granted you'll be able to get past the shitty leveling.

Secondly yes, this build can and has cleared Uber Elder/Shaper on much less gear than I had in the guide, and with decent mechanics you should be able to do them without the gear pieces you listed.
I get more damage with added cold instead of increased critical strikes, even with your POB, any reason you are not using it?, also adding cold penetration instead of mirage archer?
I have found I clear the screen before my mirage archer can even get off it's own shot generally.

If I were to do the above, I would also want to add the cold penetration watcher's eye with hatred, then i would use hatred instead of wrath, but that's at the real top end.
"
Zeypha wrote:
I get more damage with added cold instead of increased critical strikes, even with your POB, any reason you are not using it?, also adding cold penetration instead of mirage archer?
I have found I clear the screen before my mirage archer can even get off it's own shot generally.

If I were to do the above, I would also want to add the cold penetration watcher's eye with hatred, then i would use hatred instead of wrath, but that's at the real top end.

Yes, I do it for consistent damage output which trumps potential damage (this is the case for many crit builds, not just mine). Without Increased Critical Strikes, your DPS will fluctuate way too much due to this being a heavy crit build. The thing is about Mirage Archer is that PoB does not calculate it into your DPS, but it does out-DPS Cold Pen support even against bosses.

Don't use double Aura, it takes up too much of your mana even with level 4 Enlighten, and Herald of Ice is already god tier for clear speed.
"
SkillshotsOP wrote:
"
Zeypha wrote:

Yes, I do it for consistent damage output which trumps potential damage (this is the case for many crit builds, not just mine). Without Increased Critical Strikes, your DPS will fluctuate way too much due to this being a heavy crit build. The thing is about Mirage Archer is that PoB does not calculate it into your DPS, but it does out-DPS Cold Pen support even against bosses.

Don't use double Aura, it takes up too much of your mana even with level 4 Enlighten, and Herald of Ice is already god tier for clear speed.

Oh okay, that makes total sense then, still new to POB, so didn't know about mirage archer, thanks for clearing that up.

I also meant don't use wrath and instead use hatred with the hatred penetration watcher's eye, but since you cleared up the added cold/cold pen then that wouldn't worth it anyway.

Cheers, looking forward to playing this, I am going to stick with kaom's heart instead of the new added cold chest, I like the survivability
"
Hi,
I was thinking about playing this (or something very close to), in betrayal league, although in SSF. Taking that into account I do want to ask a few things:

Will this be relatively well-doing when fresh on maps (lvl 70'ish), without any of the uniques?

Would this build still perform up to T15, (perhaps while capable of doing uber elder and/or shaper) - without might of the meek, the uber elder ring and the helmet enchant?

regarding the uber elder i was messing around after the league and took off virtually all my expensive gear, including all might of meeks, all abyss jewels, kaoms, 6l gem (same bow just used it as a 5 link), any expensive gems, including my watchers eye (i used the flat cold dmg hatred). essentially i went from 60k dps and 7500 life in hideout to 10k damage and aobut 5200 life (lv 93).

with regular gear uber elder is pretty easy cause you do so much damage, can still get killed if you get in a bad situation but overall not to bad. in my gear adjusted version i died a few times but was still able to kill it, the end just gets a bit crazy with all the degens on the ground but it is workable. i didnt even use a chest piece cause i was lazy, i just took off kaoms.
Last edited by baldwin21 on Dec 7, 2018, 8:44:56 AM
Anyone playing as starter?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info