[3.10] S3 || Stag's Soulwrest Summoner || Streaming and updating to 3.11 || Videos

"
pushanka wrote:
"
Thauma wrote:
Has anyone played around with this helm? Particularly with the veiled mod as below:

I ran this build last league (using the Tanky Scion variant). Using this helm it's possible to generate new Phantasms automatically (Feast of Flesh activates every 5 seconds, consuming up to 10 corpses), as well as getting a huge chunk of free life healing (up to 4k!!!).

You can socket Desecrate or Unearth (or both) in the helm and use the Focus skill to cast them as an instant. Further, you could put an offering skill in there as well.

This is probably the reason Soulwrest is so expensive this league but I haven't found any info about this combo yet :D

I've been using this helm, I really like it. Aside from the obvious synergy with the auto consuming corpse, it gives you a huge mana reserved reduction. With 14% mana reserved from the tree (Sovereignty wheel) you can run 3 50% auras in your helm. I'm running Hatred+Generosity, Haste, and Grace right now. You could replace Grace with Wrath for more deeps, or Discipline for a larger ES pool.

If you build your items around the Eldritch Battery + MOM, its a nice boost to EHP. This means getting ES rare gear (which generally makes the socket coloring easier for summoners). Somewhat of a trade off with the lack of HP on the item, but I do have the Strength+Quality veiled mod.

The trigger socketed spells on focus is interesting! But I'm not sure I'd run it since I'd have to give up a socket. Another drawback is the lack of dmg from a bone helmet - itll be very difficult to get this helm with a useful enchant.

Thanks for that overview :D My Phantasm summoner is stuck in Standard so I can't test myself. The massive amount of life gained from Feast of Flesh is not to be sniffed at. It's 400 life per corpse. The Cast on Focus mod makes more sense on the tanky scion variant as it doesn't use many auras (just 1 by default). I just need to test whether it casts ALL skills in one press or if it cycles them (like Poet's Pen). It would be amazing to have a one button (instant!) desecrate/offering or desecrate/unearth.
"
Thauma wrote:
Thanks for that overview :D My Phantasm summoner is stuck in Standard so I can't test myself. The massive amount of life gained from Feast of Flesh is not to be sniffed at. It's 400 life per corpse. The Cast on Focus mod makes more sense on the tanky scion variant as it doesn't use many auras (just 1 by default). I just need to test whether it casts ALL skills in one press or if it cycles them (like Poet's Pen). It would be amazing to have a one button (instant!) desecrate/offering or desecrate/unearth.

I've tested it, linked with desecrate, bone offering and convocation. It cast all at the same time when you use focus. It would be awesome if focus wasn't 12s cooldown, so it's kinda lame. I rather use desecrate and bone offering at will. But linking auras on it is nice, and you get a free eldritch battery so no mana reservation problems, if you go elemental version.

Another cool item for this build can be the new armor, The Queen's hunger. I need to test it sometime. The offering is 25% reduced effect on you instead of 50% from mistress of sacrifice.
Last edited by calavera_ on Dec 18, 2018, 11:04:56 PM
"
calavera_ wrote:
"
Thauma wrote:

I've tested it, linked with desecrate, bone offering and convocation. It cast all at the same time when you use focus. It would be awesome if focus wasn't 12s cooldown, so it's kinda lame. I rather use desecrate and bone offering at will. But linking auras on it is nice, and you get a free eldritch battery so no mana reservation problems, if you go elemental version.

Another cool item for this build can be the new armor, The Queen's hunger. I need to test it sometime. The offering is 25% reduced effect on you instead of 50% from mistress of sacrifice.

Confirmed! I tried it with Desecrate + Spell Cascade and Unearth + GMP for a total of 20 corpses placed in one hit.

Curiously Spell Echo didn't work when I added it.

The new chest looks awesome.
So this might be a kind of dumb question, but I'm confused on how to link my gems together for the Skeleton build for the auras/offerings/etc. I just got a Tabula, but don't have a staff atm.
"
Perplex11 wrote:
So this might be a kind of dumb question, but I'm confused on how to link my gems together for the Skeleton build for the auras/offerings/etc. I just got a Tabula, but don't have a staff atm.

Your tabula has six sockets linked together. If you place a support gem into a socket that is linked to another active gem it will augment it. If you place summon Skelly's in your tabula along with a melee splash gem the Skelly's will perform an attack that splashes.

I'm not sure how else to describe it?
Hey i'm playing a MoM ele version of this and was wondering if any of you use Decoy totem in your build? I'm trying to find a way to deal with syndicate fortress' in red maps and also for bosses that eat up my minions too quickly.
"
whitecraig wrote:
Hey i'm playing a MoM ele version of this and was wondering if any of you use Decoy totem in your build? I'm trying to find a way to deal with syndicate fortress' in red maps and also for bosses that eat up my minions too quickly.

There is no reason not to use a decoy totem if you have a socket spare for it. I haven't tried the build out this league but last league I was pretty starved of sockets.
The build is good but one thing is driving me mad: the minions die too quick in betrayal encounters (red maps), its annoying. Delving is a pleasure, mapping is nice, bossing is good, but the syndicate is pure cancer. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what. The damage is there, IF they can live, but they can't.
Last edited by calavera_ on Dec 20, 2018, 8:20:44 PM
"
calavera_ wrote:
The build is good but one thing is driving me mad: the minions die too quick in betrayal encounters (red maps), its annoying. Delving is a pleasure, mapping is nice, bossing is good, but the syndicate is pure cancer. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what. The damage is there, IF they can live, but they can't.

This is a problem with the phantasms low base Hp. Perhaps a decoy totem or even changing to temp chains on hit will help.
I've been playing a popcorn bomber necro since the league started and honestly am not loving it; I'm thinking of respeccing to this build. How easy do you think it'd be to swap over?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info