[3.10] S3 || Stag's Soulwrest Summoner || Streaming and updating to 3.11 || Videos

"
dejwid125 wrote:
After playing the build for a couple maps I gotta give you some credit.

I got shaper down (altough I got slammed four times, not used to playing with no movement skill) and it was pretty not bad, maps are quite fast and enjoyable (altough can't speedfarm t15s)

And for the gear, I dropped spectres as I'd have to 4 off color my helmet (might do it soon)

cheers

Not a problem
"
dejwid125 wrote:
After playing the build for a couple maps I gotta give you some credit.

I got shaper down (altough I got slammed four times, not used to playing with no movement skill) and it was pretty not bad, maps are quite fast and enjoyable (altough can't speedfarm t15s)

And for the gear, I dropped spectres as I'd have to 4 off color my helmet (might do it soon)

cheers

you know you could use the jeweler method to 4 off your helm right? shouldn't cost that much..
I'm playing a variant using The Devouring Diadem and The Queen's Hunger and it's been amazing so far. Blasts through T15's and only struggles with the insane chaos damage from It That Fled and some of the more mayhem Syndicate encounters, but most builds are having the same issues regardless.

The way I have it set up is elemental (cold/fire) without EE, and it still rips through everything. Also not using a utility spectre until I can find a source/proof for this comment in the guide

"
The Chieftan also has an atrociously low mana pool. Blood Magic (the gem) alleviates this problem

Edit: I've searched around and found similar comments made before. I'll have to look into buying an Unset ring to free up an extra slot for blood magic with the spectre.

Using the Diadem helmet and an adjustment to the tree by taking the extra 2 4% reduced reservation nodes, I can slip in War Banner for about a 100k shaper damage boost. However, since we ourselves do not kill, we cannot gain stages, so just treat it as another aura and don't bother placing it, there's too many other mechanics with this build to worry about anyways. The other auras are Hatred w/ Generosity, Haste, and Discipline, which puts me at 5.3k life and 2k ES.

I tried mathing out using the helmet with a reduced reservation enchant to put in Aspect of the Spider instead of War Banner but it seems like I'd be over by 3% which is sad.

I'm only level 85 at the moment as well, only adding more life nodes and final jewel slots as I go. Biggest difficulty of the build is maxing out resists while needing a ton of dex, it can make the jewelry and Stygian's more expensive than expected.

Feel free to check out my character in my profile. I'll post updates as I make it through guardians and Shaper and possibly Uber, however I think this build might fall short of that simply due to difficulty in using Kaom's Roots.
Last edited by McPumpkin on Jan 1, 2019, 12:23:51 AM
"
McPumpkin wrote:
I'm playing a variant using The Devouring Diadem and The Queen's Hunger and it's been amazing so far. Blasts through T15's and only struggles with the insane chaos damage from It That Fled and some of the more mayhem Syndicate encounters, but most builds are having the same issues regardless.

The way I have it set up is elemental (cold/fire) without EE, and it still rips through everything. Also not using a utility spectre until I can find a source/proof for this comment in the guide

"
The Chieftan also has an atrociously low mana pool. Blood Magic (the gem) alleviates this problem

Edit: I've searched around and found similar comments made before. I'll have to look into buying an Unset ring to free up an extra slot for blood magic with the spectre.

Using the Diadem helmet and an adjustment to the tree by taking the extra 2 4% reduced reservation nodes, I can slip in War Banner for about a 100k shaper damage boost. However, since we ourselves do not kill, we cannot gain stages, so just treat it as another aura and don't bother placing it, there's too many other mechanics with this build to worry about anyways. The other auras are Hatred w/ Generosity, Haste, and Discipline, which puts me at 5.3k life and 2k ES.

I tried mathing out using the helmet with a reduced reservation enchant to put in Aspect of the Spider instead of War Banner but it seems like I'd be over by 3% which is sad.

I'm only level 85 at the moment as well, only adding more life nodes and final jewel slots as I go. Biggest difficulty of the build is maxing out resists while needing a ton of dex, it can make the jewelry and Stygian's more expensive than expected.

Feel free to check out my character in my profile. I'll post updates as I make it through guardians and Shaper and possibly Uber, however I think this build might fall short of that simply due to difficulty in using Kaom's Roots.

have you tried using a Conqueror's Efficiency with a 1% reserved corruption?
also war banners can be linked to generosity too... Yeah I had problems with dex so I just used a careful planning to free up all my other gear slots.

The people who have completed uber have done so without using kaoms roots btw.
"
also war banners can be linked to generosity too... Yeah I had problems with dex so I just used a careful planning to free up all my other gear slots.

Roots is not necessary, but it does make life a bit less hell. Maybe it's easier as a summoner since most of the build is kiting anyways. I probably won't risk wasting too many sets trying it until im at 36/40 and don't care about currency anymore lol

I considered a Conqueror's Efficiency but not with the corruption, I only did a quick check in PoB to see if it was possible, might have to double check. Thanks for the reminder! I'd also have to see how much of a DPS upgrade Spider is from War Banner and if its worth ~2ex.

Even though war banner can be put on generosity, the setup only works if Haste, Hatred, and Discipline are in the helmet sadly. I have war banner in a +2 Unset atm which adds a few percent accuracy.

Edit: The Jewel + Enchant would put you exactly at 0%, time to do some DPS comparisons :)

Edit 2: So when comparing, this is the breakdown:

20 Phantasms + 9 Skeletons, with Haste + Hatred + Grip of the Council

No banner / aspect total Shaper dps = 707470
War banner Shaper DPS = 779037
Aspect of the Spider (3 stacks) Shaper DPS = 813584

Spider requires Uber Lab enchant for 15% reduction on Haste, Discipline, or Hatred, as well as a corrupted Conqueror's Efficiency with a 1% reserved corruption, both being a few ex each.

Spider is nice but considering it's only a 35k DPS upgrade and that most things explode instantly to get spider stacks anyways, it may not be too worth it.
Last edited by McPumpkin on Jan 1, 2019, 4:15:30 AM
"
McPumpkin wrote:
"

Roots is not necessary, but it does make life a bit less hell. Maybe it's easier as a summoner since most of the build is kiting anyways. I probably won't risk wasting too many sets trying it until im at 36/40 and don't care about currency anymore lol

I considered a Conqueror's Efficiency but not with the corruption, I only did a quick check in PoB to see if it was possible, might have to double check. Thanks for the reminder! I'd also have to see how much of a DPS upgrade Spider is from War Banner and if its worth ~2ex.

Even though war banner can be put on generosity, the setup only works if Haste, Hatred, and Discipline are in the helmet sadly. I have war banner in a +2 Unset atm which adds a few percent accuracy.

Edit: The Jewel + Enchant would put you exactly at 0%, time to do some DPS comparisons :)

Edit 2: So when comparing, this is the breakdown:

20 Phantasms + 9 Skeletons, with Haste + Hatred + Grip of the Council

No banner / aspect total Shaper dps = 707470
War banner Shaper DPS = 779037
Aspect of the Spider (3 stacks) Shaper DPS = 813584

Spider requires Uber Lab enchant for 15% reduction on Haste, Discipline, or Hatred, as well as a corrupted Conqueror's Efficiency with a 1% reserved corruption, both being a few ex each.

Spider is nice but considering it's only a 35k DPS upgrade and that most things explode instantly to get spider stacks anyways, it may not be too worth it.

Um the phantasms use spells so accuracy isn't an issue. They do phys damage - so that's why there's a dps increase. The other option is you could just run a 6l skelly staff for single target. Aspect of the spider is also pretty good defensively - it slows things down a little bit.
"
Stagsnetti wrote:
Um the phantasms use spells so accuracy isn't an issue. They do phys damage - so that's why there's a dps increase. The other option is you could just run a 6l skelly staff for single target. Aspect of the spider is also pretty good defensively - it slows things down a little bit.

I'd still consider a 10% DPS increase with minimal investment a huge bonus, especially considering how much more damage Vaal Summon Skeletons will be doing on only a 4 link, which could become a 5 link if I get another unset. This is also with Vaal Haste off.

I'm just theorycrafting bud, I'm enjoying the build and figured others who have similar ideas can see it and pitch in. The utility of spider is great, and I might consider checking out the spider chest as an alternative to Queens Hunger for fun.
"
Rumi’s Concoction is a fairly cheap flask, since we have fairly high block already it helps out. With an average Rumi, bone offering and the necromancer passive “Mistress of Sacrifice” we already have 64/51 block, and ~300 life gain on block.

Where are we getting this life on block?
"
secretz1 wrote:
"
Rumi’s Concoction is a fairly cheap flask, since we have fairly high block already it helps out. With an average Rumi, bone offering and the necromancer passive “Mistress of Sacrifice” we already have 64/51 block, and ~300 life gain on block.

Where are we getting this life on block?

Bone offering gives you block chance & life on block. A lvl 20 offering will give you 297 life on block.
Hi there!

I am considering this build as a pure mapping char, focusing on speed clearing T16 elder maps. A few questions:

- Are there any prefered map layouts for this build? It looks great while delving, but are there layouts I should avoid at all cost?
- As the build is quite flexible, do you have a preferred setup for map clear? Anything special that kicks it into overdrive?
- Will I be able to use MF gear while doing all that? I know I shouldn't replace bubonics but should I look out for anything beside that?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info