[3.10] S3 || Stag's Soulwrest Summoner || Streaming and updating to 3.11 || Videos

"
Monti_Jones wrote:
Hi there!

I am considering this build as a pure mapping char, focusing on speed clearing T16 elder maps. A few questions:

- Are there any prefered map layouts for this build? It looks great while delving, but are there layouts I should avoid at all cost?
- As the build is quite flexible, do you have a preferred setup for map clear? Anything special that kicks it into overdrive?
- Will I be able to use MF gear while doing all that? I know I shouldn't replace bubonics but should I look out for anything beside that?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Hey, Open Layouts are the shit in terms of maps. Nothing really is avoid territory. As for preferred setup, I'd probably go elemental with a The Devouring Diadem, eb and probably mom. Now that Soulwrest is cheap as chips I might make the character again.

As for mfing, just drop some qol or kaoms. You'll be able to mf as your damage will still be there, you'll just have to change your setup a little bit. You probably can get by with just the diadem and no bubonic's.
"
Stagsnetti wrote:
"
Monti_Jones wrote:
Spoiler
Hi there!

I am considering this build as a pure mapping char, focusing on speed clearing T16 elder maps. A few questions:

- Are there any prefered map layouts for this build? It looks great while delving, but are there layouts I should avoid at all cost?
- As the build is quite flexible, do you have a preferred setup for map clear? Anything special that kicks it into overdrive?
- Will I be able to use MF gear while doing all that? I know I shouldn't replace bubonics but should I look out for anything beside that?

Hey, Open Layouts are the shit in terms of maps. Nothing really is avoid territory. As for preferred setup, I'd probably go elemental with a The Devouring Diadem, eb and probably mom. Now that Soulwrest is cheap as chips I might make the character again.

As for mfing, just drop some qol or kaoms. You'll be able to mf as your damage will still be there, you'll just have to change your setup a little bit. You probably can get by with just the diadem and no bubonic's.

Thank you for the quick answer!

Nice to hear all of that, kinda confirms my thoughts on the build. I think I'll start with bubonics (got a pair lying around and MF boots are 1ex...) but I'll be sure to look into the diadem too.

Time to level!
"
Monti_Jones wrote:
"
Stagsnetti wrote:
"
Monti_Jones wrote:
Spoiler
Hi there!

Thank you for the quick answer!

Nice to hear all of that, kinda confirms my thoughts on the build. I think I'll start with bubonics (got a pair lying around and MF boots are 1ex...) but I'll be sure to look into the diadem too.

Time to level!

I've also rolled a phantasm char just recently. Sitting at 300 mil xp/hr... wonderful
Hi there again!

I am done leveling and started to do a few maps. The play style is exactly what I was looking for: fast and effortless.

I tried the new Devouring Diadem and tbh, I'm a fan. Quite frankly the reduced mana reservation is absurd. Together with the Sovereignity node I can perfectly run 2 big auras + 1 small. Reserves all my mana, but who cares, EB takes care of that.

I also tried to go double curse via Bubonics, because corrupted lazhwars are that cheap, but I am running into a problem with that, literally. I'm just too damn fast! Phasing through packs with 200% MS leaves the phantasms trailing behind quite far. I can't even utilize Bubonics or the Diadem for auto summoning because I outrun the phantasm's spells, even with faster projectiles. There simply are no corpses I could Death Walk over. Yes, the gem is low level, but I'm a bit worried about this. Is there a solution for this "problem"?
Good thing I am that fast, I can finish a map with my first set of phantasms!

I am quite tight on life, but that's just because I run MF gear and have to cope with an astral plate to fix my resists. All in all just minor inconveniences. Great build, great fun, very zoom zoom! Can only recommend it!

Gear

I could use some advice; I'm just getting into red maps and finding them a bit of a challenge; some rare enemies kill my phantasms faster than I can kill them, and the Syndicate encounters are just awful; I either get one-shotted, or they kill all my minions and I just have to kite them around forever.

All of my resists are capped (except for Chaos, which is around 20) and I am running the physical version with blood magic. My gems are mostly level 19 and no quality yet but I want to figure out what I'm doing wrong before I invest a bunch in upgraded gems. I also haven't picked up a second SoulWrest for single-target, but would that really make a huge difference with Syndicate encounters?

I have well over 8K health, but I'm either just fine or instantly dead. I'm curious about The Devouring Diadem but wouldn't that hurt my damage output quite a bit compared to a bone helmet?

Here's my gear. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Spoiler
"
JonathanPDX wrote:
I could use some advice; I'm just getting into red maps and finding them a bit of a challenge; some rare enemies kill my phantasms faster than I can kill them, and the Syndicate encounters are just awful; I either get one-shotted, or they kill all my minions and I just have to kite them around forever.

All of my resists are capped (except for Chaos, which is around 20) and I am running the physical version with blood magic. My gems are mostly level 19 and no quality yet but I want to figure out what I'm doing wrong before I invest a bunch in upgraded gems. I also haven't picked up a second SoulWrest for single-target, but would that really make a huge difference with Syndicate encounters?

I have well over 8K health, but I'm either just fine or instantly dead. I'm curious about The Devouring Diadem but wouldn't that hurt my damage output quite a bit compared to a bone helmet?

Here's my gear. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Spoiler

Hey, I'd drop bm keystone and grab a diadem. You can then run haste purity warbanner with generousity in your helm. Aspect of the spider is another... 15% more damage too. If you want a bit more damage you can try out the elemental version of the build. Change brutality for added fire, hatred for warbanner and use storm brand to proc EE + curse. You can also change your boots if you're looking for more res.

I found Fortification was an absolute pain in the butt. I skipped it most times.

#edit: damage during flask effect doesn't work with minions either. If you go for second curse, vulnerability for phys and ele weakness/enfeeble for ele
Last edited by Stagsnetti on Jan 10, 2019, 5:56:25 AM
Thank you for the advice! I'm trying to wrap my head around the suggested changes to make sure I do things right, so I have a few questions:

Replace Bone Helm with Devouring Diadem and socket it with:
Haste + War Banner + Generosity, Purity of Elements

Replace Bubonic Trail with rare life + resist boots and socket it:
Blood Magic + Raise Spectre, Convocation, and Bone Offering

Replace the Essence Worm ring with a rare life + resist ring (or is there a better unique option?)

If I respec out of Blood Magic and pick up EE, where do I slot Storm Brand to trigger it? I don't see any sockets open to add a curse, either.

And, if I change to the elemental version do I need to replace all my physical damage jewels?

Thanks!

"
Stagsnetti wrote:

Hey, I'd drop bm keystone and grab a diadem. You can then run haste purity warbanner with generousity in your helm. Aspect of the spider is another... 15% more damage too. If you want a bit more damage you can try out the elemental version of the build. Change brutality for added fire, hatred for warbanner and use storm brand to proc EE + curse. You can also change your boots if you're looking for more res.

I found Fortification was an absolute pain in the butt. I skipped it most times.

#edit: damage during flask effect doesn't work with minions either. If you go for second curse, vulnerability for phys and ele weakness/enfeeble for ele
"
JonathanPDX wrote:
Thank you for the advice! I'm trying to wrap my head around the suggested changes to make sure I do things right, so I have a few questions:

Replace Bone Helm with Devouring Diadem and socket it with:
Haste + War Banner + Generosity, Purity of Elements

Replace Bubonic Trail with rare life + resist boots and socket it:
Blood Magic + Raise Spectre, Convocation, and Bone Offering

Replace the Essence Worm ring with a rare life + resist ring (or is there a better unique option?)

If I respec out of Blood Magic and pick up EE, where do I slot Storm Brand to trigger it? I don't see any sockets open to add a curse, either.

And, if I change to the elemental version do I need to replace all my physical damage jewels?

Thanks!

"
Stagsnetti wrote:

to swap to ele you it is the same jewels, since you convert the phys damage anyways. A rare life and res unset would be best in your situation as you could then socket storm brand if need be.

you could also craft a +1 spectre pair of boots for another boost.. so many options
"
Monti_Jones wrote:
Hi there again!

I am done leveling and started to do a few maps. The play style is exactly what I was looking for: fast and effortless.

I tried the new Devouring Diadem and tbh, I'm a fan. Quite frankly the reduced mana reservation is absurd. Together with the Sovereignity node I can perfectly run 2 big auras + 1 small. Reserves all my mana, but who cares, EB takes care of that.

I also tried to go double curse via Bubonics, because corrupted lazhwars are that cheap, but I am running into a problem with that, literally. I'm just too damn fast! Phasing through packs with 200% MS leaves the phantasms trailing behind quite far. I can't even utilize Bubonics or the Diadem for auto summoning because I outrun the phantasm's spells, even with faster projectiles. There simply are no corpses I could Death Walk over. Yes, the gem is low level, but I'm a bit worried about this. Is there a solution for this "problem"?

I am quite tight on life, but that's just because I run MF gear and have to cope with an astral plate to fix my resists. All in all just minor inconveniences. Great build, great fun, very zoom zoom! Can only recommend it!

Gear

Which map tiers are you doing with your gear? Are you able to kill map bosses/syndicate? Also I hope Stagsnetti will answer your concerns since I am quite curios myself.
"
Monti_Jones wrote:
Hi there again!

Gear

I must not have posted my reply, awks. Is it really a problem you're too fast? You don't really need to curse things if they die quickly and EE doesn't matter if.. again they die quick. When I got to that speed I'd desecrate in front of me from time to time - in the direction of travel. Running over those corpses should keep the momentum going.

Another option would be to fiddle with the links again and try get desecrate and your offering into your Diadem, and buy one with the "Trigger socketed spells when you focus" mod. It's at instant speed so it shouldn't slow you down.
You may have to drop haste for it though, which really isn't that big of a deal.

edit: Another option (and probably the better one) is using convocate early, before you get to the pack, so they kill it before you run through it.
Last edited by Stagsnetti on Jan 11, 2019, 12:48:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info