[3.10] S3 || Stag's Soulwrest Summoner || Streaming and updating to 3.11 || Videos

What's the dmg difference between lvl 20 Phantom and lvl 21 ? They cost like 80c, not sure if it's worth it.
I'm kinda burnt out of the league so I'm lazy to search for upgrades, but I did everything with my gear, except uber elder. Some of my thoughts:

I find that the build is too socket starved with Kaom's. What I like is, with devouring diadem, you can run MoM + spirit offering for a decent amount of ES if you craft a proper armor (my current ES is 2k with spirit offering on ~ lasts 7s). Buy any Guatelitzi's armor with ES that you can use (they are pretty cheap) and then add the "gain 10% of maximum life as extra energy shield. Any rings with ES and Life helps. Also i like the mitigation zombies provide, I just run them with minion life to be meat shields. This way you don't need a 6-link. You could respec to skeletons if you want to farm bosses.

Also been running a +1 curse stone of lazhwar with enfeeble as extra curse. Bought a watcher's eye with inc cd recovery speed for movements skills while affected by haste (for like 10c) and this way phase run is on a 3s cd, decent QoL improvement if you don't mind dropping an abyss jewel. To use haste and war banner you would need to get the sovereignty node.
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
What's the dmg difference between lvl 20 Phantom and lvl 21 ? They cost like 80c, not sure if it's worth it.

1 extra phantasm = 5% more DPS. Get it if you are at the min-max stage, otherwise just focus on gear. Or level 6 summon phantasms on your offhands and corrupt them all and pray to RNG (i did it this way).
"
calavera_ wrote:
I'm kinda burnt out of the league so I'm lazy to search for upgrades, but I did everything with my gear, except uber elder. Some of my thoughts:

I find that the build is too socket starved with Kaom's. What I like is, with devouring diadem, you can run MoM + spirit offering for a decent amount of ES if you craft a proper armor (my current ES is 2k with spirit offering on ~ lasts 7s). Buy any Guatelitzi's armor with ES that you can use (they are pretty cheap) and then add the "gain 10% of maximum life as extra energy shield. Any rings with ES and Life helps. Also i like the mitigation zombies provide, I just run them with minion life to be meat shields. This way you don't need a 6-link. You could respec to skeletons if you want to farm bosses.

Also been running a +1 curse stone of lazhwar with enfeeble as extra curse. Bought a watcher's eye with inc cd recovery speed for movements skills while affected by haste (for like 10c) and this way phase run is on a 3s cd, decent QoL improvement if you don't mind dropping an abyss jewel. To use haste and war banner you would need to get the sovereignty node.

I am experiencing the same thing atm. Really hard to fit the gems in with Kaom's and the Elemental version.

Edit: Which flasks are being used besides Rumi's and Wise Oak?
Last edited by InsaneX3 on Jan 12, 2019, 3:25:37 PM
"
calavera_ wrote:
[...]

I concur in using a haste/purity watcher's eye for anyone running an aura setup. Haste jewels are generally considered useless, so you essentially get the damage reduction from the purity mod for free. Personally I went with the dodge option on the haste mod because my phase run cooldown is already shorter than the duration. The boni aren't game changing but it's the about the cheapest useful watcher's eye any build can have.
"
Monti_Jones wrote:
"
calavera_ wrote:
[...]

I concur in using a haste/purity watcher's eye for anyone running an aura setup. Haste jewels are generally considered useless, so you essentially get the damage reduction from the purity mod for free. Personally I went with the dodge option on the haste mod because my phase run cooldown is already shorter than the duration. The boni aren't game changing but it's the about the cheapest useful watcher's eye any build can have.

How did you make your phase run cd shorter than its duration? I am currently struggling to get perma phase run since the Carnage Chieftain doesn't generate enough Frenzy Charges(I have linked it with BM).

Also I'm currently starved for sockets. Can't run curse on hit + proj weakness AND spectre/bm. Not sure what I have to do here. Also I am not doing as much dmg as I hoped to be doing. Is there anything that can be imrpoved dmg wise except getting more jewels?

Also, is War Banner worth using? Since we don't get any stacks from kills made by Phantasm's.

https://pastebin.com/02rxjVZb
Last edited by InsaneX3 on Jan 12, 2019, 7:18:16 PM
Great build and solid league starter, nothing really required other than Soulwrest to get started. And scales really well into red maps.

So I went the Physical Damage and Blood Magic variant, for a few reasons, I wanted to make a THICC character and this really fits that bill so far. I also wanted a physical damage character to run ele reflect (as my other league char was ele) and to an extent, run all of the map mods (which you kinda can with physical reflect but you have to spam desecrate to keep your Phantasms up). Finally, a part from the obvious versatility of auras and whatnot (which did help a lot for gearing since you can run Purity of Elements in a really socket tight build), it's better with skeles which I run on chest now. This way you really don't need the extra damage from ele variant, you have MORE than enough damage.

To everyone saying you are socket starved with Kaom's, I totally agree, it's really not worth the extra HP considering how much damage you can get from 6L Vaal Skeles. So I just went highest max life roll I could get on a 6L rare and went with Vaal Skeles. Also needed an unset ring along with Essence Wurm to fit everything, and you can only run 1 offering. Which is usually Bone Offering for me since really don't need more damage from Phantasms for clearing, or Skeles for bosses/syndicate. This way I could also squeeze on IC + CWDT to add to the THICCness.

Current stats at 90:

7067 HP
63/58% Block chance with Rumi's and Bone Offering

Profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Araceli26/characters/Wahuang

Now, I'm not sure if it's worth getting +1 curse stone of lazwhar and losing 5% spell block and running an extra curse in boots. Or just going for 2 abyssal. Getting another good abysal would probably be better overall, with more life and still decent damage.
"
Araceli26 wrote:
Great build and solid league starter, nothing really required other than Soulwrest to get started. And scales really well into red maps.

So I went the Physical Damage and Blood Magic variant, for a few reasons, I wanted to make a THICC character and this really fits that bill so far. I also wanted a physical damage character to run ele reflect (as my other league char was ele) and to an extent, run all of the map mods (which you kinda can with physical reflect but you have to spam desecrate to keep your Phantasms up). Finally, a part from the obvious versatility of auras and whatnot (which did help a lot for gearing since you can run Purity of Elements in a really socket tight build), it's better with skeles which I run on chest now. This way you really don't need the extra damage from ele variant, you have MORE than enough damage.

To everyone saying you are socket starved with Kaom's, I totally agree, it's really not worth the extra HP considering how much damage you can get from 6L Vaal Skeles. So I just went highest max life roll I could get on a 6L rare and went with Vaal Skeles. Also needed an unset ring along with Essence Wurm to fit everything, and you can only run 1 offering. Which is usually Bone Offering for me since really don't need more damage from Phantasms for clearing, or Skeles for bosses/syndicate. This way I could also squeeze on IC + CWDT to add to the THICCness.

Current stats at 90:

7067 HP
63/58% Block chance with Rumi's and Bone Offering

Profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Araceli26/characters/Wahuang

Now, I'm not sure if it's worth getting +1 curse stone of lazwhar and losing 5% spell block and running an extra curse in boots. Or just going for 2 abyssal. Getting another good abysal would probably be better overall, with more life and still decent damage.

Yeah...I am starting to wonder if Kaom's and Ele version is even worth it. I guess the map clearing is slighty faster. I have yet to do T16 elder maps so for now I will test my setup until I reach higher lvls/map tier.
"
InsaneX3 wrote:

lvl 21 you get an extra phantasm
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
"
Monti_Jones wrote:
"
calavera_ wrote:
[...]

How did you make your phase run cd shorter than its duration? I am currently struggling to get perma phase run since the Carnage Chieftain doesn't generate enough Frenzy Charges(I have linked it with BM).

Also I'm currently starved for sockets. Can't run curse on hit + proj weakness AND spectre/bm. Not sure what I have to do here. Also I am not doing as much dmg as I hoped to be doing. Is there anything that can be imrpoved dmg wise except getting more jewels?

Also, is War Banner worth using? Since we don't get any stacks from kills made by Phantasm's.

https://pastebin.com/02rxjVZb

Just link phase run with increased duration. With the might of the meek and duration from the tree it'll be at 4.25seconds duration with a 4 second cd.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info