[3.10] S3 || Stag's Soulwrest Summoner || Streaming and updating to 3.11 || Videos

"
InsaneX3 wrote:
"
Araceli26 wrote:
Great build and solid league starter, nothing really required other than Soulwrest to get started. And scales really well into red maps.

So I went the Physical Damage and Blood Magic variant, for a few reasons, I wanted to make a THICC character and this really fits that bill so far. I also wanted a physical damage character to run ele reflect (as my other league char was ele) and to an extent, run all of the map mods (which you kinda can with physical reflect but you have to spam desecrate to keep your Phantasms up). Finally, a part from the obvious versatility of auras and whatnot (which did help a lot for gearing since you can run Purity of Elements in a really socket tight build), it's better with skeles which I run on chest now. This way you really don't need the extra damage from ele variant, you have MORE than enough damage.

To everyone saying you are socket starved with Kaom's, I totally agree, it's really not worth the extra HP considering how much damage you can get from 6L Vaal Skeles. So I just went highest max life roll I could get on a 6L rare and went with Vaal Skeles. Also needed an unset ring along with Essence Wurm to fit everything, and you can only run 1 offering. Which is usually Bone Offering for me since really don't need more damage from Phantasms for clearing, or Skeles for bosses/syndicate. This way I could also squeeze on IC + CWDT to add to the THICCness.

Current stats at 90:

7067 HP
63/58% Block chance with Rumi's and Bone Offering

Profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Araceli26/characters/Wahuang

Now, I'm not sure if it's worth getting +1 curse stone of lazwhar and losing 5% spell block and running an extra curse in boots. Or just going for 2 abyssal. Getting another good abysal would probably be better overall, with more life and still decent damage.

Yeah...I am starting to wonder if Kaom's and Ele version is even worth it. I guess the map clearing is slighty faster. I have yet to do T16 elder maps so for now I will test my setup until I reach higher lvls/map tier.

You don't have to run Kaom's. I usually just drop spectres and run kaoms. When I was playing it this league I had 8k hp with both bisco's leash and a white socketed pariah.
"
calavera_ wrote:
I'm kinda burnt out of the league so I'm lazy to search for upgrades, but I did everything with my gear, except uber elder. Some of my thoughts:

I find that the build is too socket starved with Kaom's. What I like is, with devouring diadem, you can run MoM + spirit offering for a decent amount of ES if you craft a proper armor (my current ES is 2k with spirit offering on ~ lasts 7s). Buy any Guatelitzi's armor with ES that you can use (they are pretty cheap) and then add the "gain 10% of maximum life as extra energy shield. Any rings with ES and Life helps. Also i like the mitigation zombies provide, I just run them with minion life to be meat shields. This way you don't need a 6-link. You could respec to skeletons if you want to farm bosses.

Also been running a +1 curse stone of lazhwar with enfeeble as extra curse. Bought a watcher's eye with inc cd recovery speed for movements skills while affected by haste (for like 10c) and this way phase run is on a 3s cd, decent QoL improvement if you don't mind dropping an abyss jewel. To use haste and war banner you would need to get the sovereignty node.

Or I think you can use enlighten 4? could be wrong. Kaom's isn't a requirement for the build. I just like using it.
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
"
Monti_Jones wrote:
Spoiler
"
calavera_ wrote:
[...]
Also been running a +1 curse stone of lazhwar with enfeeble as extra curse. Bought a watcher's eye with inc cd recovery speed for movements skills while affected by haste (for like 10c) and this way phase run is on a 3s cd, decent QoL improvement if you don't mind dropping an abyss jewel. To use haste and war banner you would need to get the sovereignty node.

I concur in using a haste/purity watcher's eye for anyone running an aura setup. Haste jewels are generally considered useless, so you essentially get the damage reduction from the purity mod for free. Personally I went with the dodge option on the haste mod because my phase run cooldown is already shorter than the duration. The boni aren't game changing but it's the about the cheapest useful watcher's eye any build can have.

How did you make your phase run cd shorter than its duration? I am currently struggling to get perma phase run since the Carnage Chieftain doesn't generate enough Frenzy Charges(I have linked it with BM).

Also I'm currently starved for sockets. Can't run curse on hit + proj weakness AND spectre/bm. Not sure what I have to do here. Also I am not doing as much dmg as I hoped to be doing. Is there anything that can be imrpoved dmg wise except getting more jewels?

Also, is War Banner worth using? Since we don't get any stacks from kills made by Phantasm's.

https://pastebin.com/02rxjVZb

Increased duration gem, Mistress of Sacrifice plus one duration cluster is enough. You don't even need to consume frenzy charges.

Also, don't worry too much about every tiny detail. As long as you are whielding Soulwrest and consume corpses, you're doing it right! To quote OP: "A guide is just a guide, modify it to suit your play style and gear. Most of all, enjoy!" If you need more sockets, get more sockets. If you want more damage, get more jewels or even wrath on top. If you aren't sure what flasks to have, run 2 maps with each combination and see what feels best for you. It all comes down to preference and currency. Think about the content you would like to do, plan ahead what gear you would need for that and tailor your build to your needs while doing that!
"
Stagsnetti wrote:
Or I think you can use enlighten 4? could be wrong. Kaom's isn't a requirement for the build. I just like using it.

I'm using hatred+generosity, haste and purity of elements on helmet. Haste and purity need to affect me for the watcher's eye, so no room for enlighten unfortunately.
Getting into mid-tier maps now, plenty healthy, damage feels good. I'm running Hatred(generous) Haste and Spider Aspect - feels good running around.
gonna follow the scion tree, wish me luck
In SSFHC, how would I play this summoner pre-uniques....

What skill/links? SRS? Zombies?

Thanks
twitch.tv/rasereiamok
"
raserei wrote:
In SSFHC, how would I play this summoner pre-uniques....

What skill/links? SRS? Zombies?

Thanks

Just play storm brand and respec, probably the easiest.
Exactly 2 Weeks ago, I started this build by asking: Is it good for fast mapping? Is there a prefered setup? Can I use MF gear?

Yes, yes and yes again! Now lets break it down.

This build is one of the fastest I have ever played! Just for perspective: It is on par with Poets Pen Lightning Warp I did a couple of leagues back; It is faster than Flicker Strike; It is faster than old Kinetic Blast. How? 200% move speed (before Rampage) and no stopping for casts or attacks. At some point I had to start snaking, just to prevent myself from outrunning the projectiles of the phantasms. The build is almost too fast for itself, but nothing you can't handle fumbling with your setup.

This build can be summed up in 4 easy steps:
1. use Soulwrest
2. use Bubonic Trail/The Devouring Diadem
3. ???
4. profit!
It is foolproof. You can do pure phys, you can do ele conversion, you can do a mix, it doesn't really matter. Phantasms mow down anything in their path, no matter the map mods. If you want, you can use a second Soulwrest for single target, but it should only be needed for guardians/shaper.

This build can support MF gear easyly! If anything, white socket Pariahs make gearing smother. You could even switch in Goldwyrms for Bubonics. Just makes resummoning a bit more finicky. All resistance and attribute requirements can be solved within a single gear slot. During all of that you can still clear T16 maps without problems.

This build is one of the biggest surprises I ever had while playing. As soon as you can equip Soulwrest the fun doesn't stop anymore. Over all I was very lucky while playing. I corrupted a Lazhwar's Stone with extra curse, so I tried double curse. Mastermind gave me a Diadem, so I tried tripple aura. I found a well rolled Bisco's Collar, so I ran that for a few days. The Kaom's Heart drop was just GGG telling me, I was doing it all right.
I ended up with 6k life and almost 60% quant, gave up all quality of life but I'd say it was worth it. The build did everything I hoped for and even more. I'll remember it as one of my all time favorites. Here is my final gear:

Hi guys, thanks for a great build, been having a lot of fun with it so far, just wondering what direction to go in terms of improving the character to attempt the T16 Guardians and perhaps even someday in the far future the Shaper.

I opted for the blood magic elemental variant as I thought it would have the highest DPS potential but sometimes the damage can seem rather... flaccid

My gear is as follows, any advice and suggestions would be appreciated!

Spoiler

Feast your eyes on my first failed red elder attempt
Last edited by Frizz_za on Jan 23, 2019, 1:12:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info