[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Hello

Thank you for this very detailed guide.
I started the one for the 3.5
After a difficult start with molten strike, I started mapping well at lvl67.
Yesterday I tried atziri, but I do not do enough damage even for the mob with flicker strike.
I will work on it. What I like is the great possibility of improvement.
If you go through, can look at my profile and give me the improvements to bring in order of importance.

thank you and congratulations for the guide, will give you my impression higher lvl.
Thanks for the build, great league starter ! Even if I find Molten Strike pretty boring to level up, it is really more fun when you can destroy boss in a second :D
"
Drax6661 wrote:
Hello

Thank you for this very detailed guide.
I started the one for the 3.5
After a difficult start with molten strike, I started mapping well at lvl67.
Yesterday I tried atziri, but I do not do enough damage even for the mob with flicker strike.
I will work on it. What I like is the great possibility of improvement.
If you go through, can look at my profile and give me the improvements to bring in order of importance.

thank you and congratulations for the guide, will give you my impression higher lvl.

I'm not an expert and I'm only beginning the build. But watch where you put your Wildfire jewel. You are not in range of the 40 Str.
how do u sustain hp while lvling ? only life flasks or there is some leech/life on hit?
Would you recommend the new flask Cinderswallow Urn for the build? Seems like it would be a pretty good early sustain flask.
-
this was sent by accident
Last edited by ivogh on Dec 10, 2018, 2:24:07 PM
Hey there!
First of: Great build, really enjoying it so far and it will get so much better even.

I played a bit around with the numbers and ended up with a slightly different skilltree/gear-setup
https://pastebin.com/scHwZ1Gd

̶i̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶r̶̶o̶̶p̶̶p̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶4̶-̶p̶̶o̶̶i̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶t̶̶r̶̶e̶̶n̶̶g̶̶h̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶j̶̶e̶̶w̶̶e̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶c̶̶k̶̶e̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶n̶̶c̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶e̶̶e̶̶m̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶e̶̶t̶̶t̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶e̶̶f̶̶f̶̶e̶̶c̶̶t̶̶i̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶e̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶o̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶r̶̶r̶̶i̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶v̶̶i̶̶n̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶e̶̶r̶̶v̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶s̶̶t̶̶e̶̶a̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶j̶̶u̶̶i̶̶c̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶m̶̶g̶̶.̶
Okay checked your new skill tree, you fixed that already

Furthermore i thought about dropping the 2nd curse and impresence for Xoph's blood and some HP (Devotion)
With this i end up with same/slightly more shaper dps and a bit more hp. Also the 10% slow vs. bosses. (also one free gems slot for whatever)
If you decide to go kaom's heart you should also have more hp due to higher %life from skilltree

This is for endgame gear obviously

And afaik i am only missing out on some damage vs. trash/default bosses and the additional chance to ignite.

Is the missing chance to ignite crucial in any way?
Did i miscalculate anything?

Would be great to hear what you think about it!
"
Hi, noob here. was wondering if you could give me some tips on leveling gear? I guess, what should I buy at level 1 until I can wear the Oro, belly, starkonja, etc...

I can't wait to try this build in the new betrayal league, thank you so much!

Biggest thing to get is wildfire jewel, it makes the early game stupid easy. Other than that just look for life and resists on gear while keeping your weapon level relevant.

"
fantafff wrote:
how do u sustain hp while lvling ? only life flasks or there is some leech/life on hit?

At around level 40-45 we get some life leech from the tree. Before that it is just life flasks.

"
Bergle wrote:
Would you recommend the new flask Cinderswallow Urn for the build? Seems like it would be a pretty good early sustain flask.

Yes! It looks insanely good. Get one if you can, still haven't looked at all the veiled mods but just the base of the flask looks amazing. This will most likely be one of our endgame flask.

"
ivogh wrote:
Hey there!
First of: Great build, really enjoying it so far and it will get so much better even.

I played a bit around with the numbers and ended up with a slightly different skilltree/gear-setup
https://pastebin.com/scHwZ1Gd

̶i̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶r̶̶o̶̶p̶̶p̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶4̶-̶p̶̶o̶̶i̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶t̶̶r̶̶e̶̶n̶̶g̶̶h̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶j̶̶e̶̶w̶̶e̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶c̶̶k̶̶e̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶n̶̶c̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶e̶̶e̶̶m̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶e̶̶t̶̶t̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶e̶̶f̶̶f̶̶e̶̶c̶̶t̶̶i̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶e̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶o̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶r̶̶r̶̶i̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶v̶̶i̶̶n̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶e̶̶r̶̶v̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶s̶̶t̶̶e̶̶a̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶j̶̶u̶̶i̶̶c̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶m̶̶g̶̶.̶
Okay checked your new skill tree, you fixed that already

Furthermore i thought about dropping the 2nd curse and impresence for Xoph's blood and some HP (Devotion)
With this i end up with same/slightly more shaper dps and a bit more hp. Also the 10% slow vs. bosses. (also one free gems slot for whatever)
If you decide to go kaom's heart you should also have more hp due to higher %life from skilltree

This is for endgame gear obviously

And afaik i am only missing out on some damage vs. trash/default bosses and the additional chance to ignite.

Is the missing chance to ignite crucial in any way?
Did i miscalculate anything?

Would be great to hear what you think about it!

Glad you're enjoying the build Ivogh. Tree you sent looks great, will be successful.

About Xoph's - I did use it extensively and found that even though Xoph's beats Impresence in POB, it felt inferior to Impresence in practicality due to our high dodge chance. A lot of the time the "covered in ashes" debuff doesn't apply since we never get hit due to very high evasion/dodge.

The "covered in ashes" debuff also only lasts for 4 second, having 100% uptime even on bosses is quite difficult:

Spoiler

Highly recommend trying both Xoph's and Impresence and seeing which one you like best, in the end there really is no wrong answer.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
How is Molten Strike single target damage doing after patch? Does it changed a lot or it's still so powerful?
I had much fun playing this build previous hc league, and starting it again on this one.
Also seems like many jewels that were insanely expensive before now can be bought for not that big ammount of chaos orbs.
Hey guys just wanted to post my thoughts on the build , i did it as a league starter and it was painful , leveling with moltenstrike and no ascendancy until 60 was really hard , nearly gave up because it was slow , i had no hp and low damage on bosses

Then once i got my oro's at 67 it was pure steamroll , i decided to go for full flicker since molten strike is not needed until T13 + imo , went kaom's and sitting on a 7k2 hp

Overall the build is really fun , i think its kinda weak against Syndicate because they summon lot of mobs and you can't lock them with the flicker , but its still doable and the map clearing is insane , im doing dunes map in 1m30 it feels good.

My gear :
Spoiler

Still have lot of upgrades to do with the jewel and rings , impresence are 3EX on betrayal right now feels kinda bad.

Anyway thanks a lot for the guide , wanted to play a solid flicker for a long time and having a great time
Last edited by alexlenne on Dec 10, 2018, 8:36:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info