[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Hi, I'm pretty excited about playing a Flicker build after it being kinda bad in delving in the last league. Do you think that a weapon/gem swap over to Consecrated Path would work for delving? I really like the fast movement and clearing of Flicker, but CP is much more controllable and might be better for delving.
"
Rebi_ wrote:
How is Molten Strike single target damage doing after patch? Does it changed a lot or it's still so powerful?
I had much fun playing this build previous hc league, and starting it again on this one.
Also seems like many jewels that were insanely expensive before now can be bought for not that big ammount of chaos orbs.

Damage will be roughly the same - Molten strike was nerfed by -10% damage but since we no longer have to path to second wildfire, more passive points can be put into damage (or hp if you're playing HC).

"
alexlenne wrote:
Anyway thanks a lot for the guide , wanted to play a solid flicker for a long time and having a great time

Thx Alex! Hoping you get even more OP.

The fire Impresence has historically fallen in price as the first week of the league goes by, you might be able to pick it up cheap soon.

"
Solar424 wrote:
Hi, I'm pretty excited about playing a Flicker build after it being kinda bad in delving in the last league. Do you think that a weapon/gem swap over to Consecrated Path would work for delving? I really like the fast movement and clearing of Flicker, but CP is much more controllable and might be better for delving.

Yup consecrated path can be used. Recommended method to delve though is to swap out fire penetration in molten strike setup with an ancestral call, and use molten strike to delve. Very minimal gem swap for a potent aoe clear.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
Drax6661 wrote:
Hello

Thank you for this very detailed guide.
I started the one for the 3.5
After a difficult start with molten strike, I started mapping well at lvl67.
Yesterday I tried atziri, but I do not do enough damage even for the mob with flicker strike.
I will work on it. What I like is the great possibility of improvement.
If you go through, can look at my profile and give me the improvements to bring in order of importance.

thank you and congratulations for the guide, will give you my impression higher lvl.

Hello

Currently on T4 map.
Regarding Flicker strike, I still miss a lot of damage.It's not one shot the mob, even with culling strike.
I think I have to increase my fire damage even more but I'm not sure of the result. An idea to improve this?
Are melee or physical damage necessary?

Regarding molten strike, even with a 4 links for now it's kill the boss.

For the moment not yet impressed or convinced by the build (especially the clear speed with flicker strike).

I will mount 90+ to get an idea with a good stuff.

I keep hope :)
"
Monhsaroh wrote:
Yup consecrated path can be used.

In that case don't you need another 2H weapon? Consecrated Path needs physical damage no?
How would you include it to the build?
Hi, I really enjoy your build for league starter. Just have a question.

How much damage we'll get with the taming, do we freeze and shock stuff? and do we need yoke of suffering amulet to go with it too?
Last edited by peccaraze on Dec 11, 2018, 7:49:00 AM
Hi, I'm playing ssf and was wondering if this build would work with Terminus Est (gain frenzy charge on crit strike) as opposed to Oro's. Thanks for guide
Hello! Im trying out this oro fs build on betrayal. Everything works like a charm except im gettin 1banged pretty often. My max health is 4.3k atm and im lvl 81 so 2low max health could be the reason. Any thoughts? (Resistances are capped) :)
Last edited by pekone on Dec 11, 2018, 1:05:31 PM
"
Drax6661 wrote:

Hello

Currently on T4 map.
Regarding Flicker strike, I still miss a lot of damage.It's not one shot the mob, even with culling strike.
I think I have to increase my fire damage even more but I'm not sure of the result. An idea to improve this?
Are melee or physical damage necessary?

Regarding molten strike, even with a 4 links for now it's kill the boss.

For the moment not yet impressed or convinced by the build (especially the clear speed with flicker strike).

I will mount 90+ to get an idea with a good stuff.

I keep hope :)

Hey Drax,

The biggest thing to increase damage would be to get more sources of % increased damage on gear. Right now you're only at 220% total from gear/passives which is super low. Good sources of more of this stat are rings and jewels. Can also get a watcher's eye with "+% fire damage when affected by anger", these are really cheap right now for the benefit they give (50 chaos).

Completing the merciless labyrinth will also give a big damage boost (taunt + intimidate) as well as significant defense through the fortify buff.

Obviously a 6 link will substantially increase damage as well. Try to stay away from increased melee damage as it doesn't affect molten strike damage, only flicker strike.

"
bastimars wrote:
"
Monhsaroh wrote:
Yup consecrated path can be used.

In that case don't you need another 2H weapon? Consecrated Path needs physical damage no?
How would you include it to the build?

It's possible to include it by switching molten strike with consecrated path and multistrike with a ruthless support. The damage won't be amazing but it is definitely a possibility.

Switching to a phys weapon with the build wouldn't be effective as the build doesn't scale any physical damage as it is, we're better off sticking with Oro's.

"
peccaraze wrote:
Hi, I really enjoy your build for league starter. Just have a question.

How much damage we'll get with the taming, do we freeze and shock stuff? and do we need yoke of suffering amulet to go with it too?

The damage depends on how much % increased damage you already have. If you don't have much it will be a big damage boost, if you have a lot it will be a small damage boost.

To put things in perspective if you replaced your rare ring with another taming it would result in 1.15x more damage.

We don't chill or shock, unless yoke is used.

"
Jval wrote:
Hi, I'm playing ssf and was wondering if this build would work with Terminus Est (gain frenzy charge on crit strike) as opposed to Oro's. Thanks for guide

It doesn't work with terminus, there are better guides for that specific build.

"
pekone wrote:
Hello! Im trying out this oro fs build on betrayal. Everything works like a charm except im gettin 1banged pretty often. My max health is 4.3k atm and im lvl 81 so 2low max health could be the reason. Any thoughts? (Resistances are capped) :)

Hey Pekone,

The enfeeble setup you currently have (Curse on hit + herald of ash) is not active since herald of ash does not hit. Since enfeeble is a core part of the build's defense you might have more success using it on a blasphemy setup and dropping herald of ash. Enfeeble will prevent most critical hits from happening as well as decreasing enemy damage and accuracy.
- Scion Build Guides -

Hey Monhsaroh

love the build, what would be the next logical progression step for me aside from 6-links? https://pastebin.com/7bXamUk4
Last edited by Kubbychan on Dec 11, 2018, 4:29:21 PM
"
Kubbychan wrote:
Hey Monhsaroh

love the build, what would be the next logical progression step for me aside from 6-links? https://pastebin.com/7bXamUk4

Focus helmet enchant / jewels / rings

Helmet with +2 MS enchant will be huge. It's a 1.4x damage multiplier on molten strike which is insane. It looks like they're selling for 2.5-4ex atm which is pretty cheap for the power it gives. Helmet doesn't have to be starkonja - can be any rare.

A few jewels can be easily upgraded too, +45 hp with +added fire damage can be picked up very cheap. These will give +150hp each around if they replace the jewels without hp. Jewels with "% increased crit if you haven't crit recently" will help too, right now your crit is at 7.5% which is kinda low for elemental overload.

There are also quite a few affordable rings up right now with significantly more hp than yours, same resists and 35+% elemental damage.

Might be worth it to run a lab too and enchant your boots, something on there is better than nothing and you might hit a powerful enchant like %increased crit or %elemental pen.
- Scion Build Guides -

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info