[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

This might be my new league starter. Seems like it can map AND do endgame stuff. Anything to look out for while leveling?
I see you posted that molten strike on got the 11% nerf and that the build gets 4 more nodes? What exactly does this mean for the build? I’ll be following this guide as closely as possible in 3.5, but what is different/what needs to be done?
There is effectively little to no change in damage. Moreover, we have slightly smaller AoE with MS so we hit smaller bosses with more balls. And Life Gain on Hit is now slightly weaker since we have fewer projectiles, though this build didn't really use it.
Last edited by Lirhtim on Dec 6, 2018, 8:35:48 PM
Just out of curiousity, because I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere, is there anything that made you pick Ascendant for this build as opposed to Slayer or Champion?

Obviously I'm not disputing the build's effectiveness, I'm only wondering if another Ascendancy could potentially make it even stronger.
How is this build for a league starter? Some of these items look nearly required for good damage.
"Learn well the lessons that Wraeclast will teach you, Witch. It is your only hope of finding your way home."
"
khyoro wrote:
i am at lv 70 now and starting mapping ...
i have
3500 life
2300 flicker dps (5L)
8200 molten dps (6L)

this is normal ? or its to low ?

It's a bit low hp, your resists/skill gems/passive tree looks great though. Generally you want around 4500 hp for white maps, 5000+ for yellows and 6000+ for red maps, for this build at least. Other builds will have different numbers.

The damage is a bit low, see if you can buy an "Atziri's promise" flask and a "wise oak" flask from other players. They're really cheap and will provide you with a lot of extra damage. Just make sure your fire resist is your highest resist (uncapped) so you get the offensive bonuses from "Wise oak".

The tooltip damage of molten strike isn't correct so don't pay much attention to it. It is only showing the melee portion of the damage but the vast majority of molten strike damage comes from the magma balls, which aren't shown in the tooltip dps at all.

"
TeddBunddy wrote:
I see you posted that molten strike on got the 11% nerf and that the build gets 4 more nodes? What exactly does this mean for the build? I’ll be following this guide as closely as possible in 3.5, but what is different/what needs to be done?

Pretty much what Jonxxpl said. I'll be updating the guide tomorrow before league start. The 4 passive points which went into getting a second wildfire now go into offensive passives, which make up the nerf difference.

"
Azkare wrote:
Just out of curiousity, because I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere, is there anything that made you pick Ascendant for this build as opposed to Slayer or Champion?

Obviously I'm not disputing the build's effectiveness, I'm only wondering if another Ascendancy could potentially make it even stronger.

Yeah, biggest thing is easier pathing to elemental overload and +1 curse. It's difficult for the duelist to get up there without being pretty inefficient with pathing - especially concerning might of the meek placement.

For sure it's possible and very likely quite good to do duelist start. From the times I checked though, resolute technique version (which I assume will be taken for slayer) ended up being less damage.

Champ version is more interesting, since it doesn't need the accuracy and can go for elemental overload. If we do just a basic copy of the current build, we end up with this:

Spoiler

Champ loses in damage by a very minor amount (7% less damage), and due to worse pathing and less skill points/gem socket it ends up with a lower hp pool by about 500. However, there might be superior pathing here that I am missing. Would be very interested in a possible better champ build pathing, no offence is taken here I love this stuff.

"
ThePogChamp wrote:
How is this build for a league starter? Some of these items look nearly required for good damage.

It's decent - it was my league starter in incursion. Obviously there are better league starters (totems/traps). Check the budget gear videos if you want to see how a more toned down version performs. Might of the meeks are being used in the budget videos - they were 35 chaos each at the time of recording.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
xbryguyx wrote:
This might be my new league starter. Seems like it can map AND do endgame stuff. Anything to look out for while leveling?

Just make sure you pick up the wildfire jewel in act 5. It will make you do 1.67x damage and you get it from the quest "Death to purity". Make sure you know leveling weapon recipe too: ZiggyD Video

Use shitty essences you find to upgrade white rustic sashes to rare when doing the recipe.

An amusing consequence of the recent molten strike changes was that it actually got better for leveling act 1-5 without wildfire jewel (27-28% more damage).
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Wow, I've played many leagues by now and I had no idea about that recipe. That's gonna be pretty useful, thanks.
what do you think about loreweave instead of belly?
ok ty for info and for patience with me XD i am so new on this game

a last question ...

this char can farm uber labirint ? or maybe choice another build for lab farm ?
what stat i need for uber lab ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info