[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
xXSikoticXx wrote:
How does the damage look compared to without the helm enchant though? Before and after 3.5

With no helmet enchant it looks like a -9% damage nerf.

7 -- > 5 balls is 28.5% less damage

Base molten strike buffed by ~27-28% damage

0.715 x 1.27 ~ 0.915% of original

"
Heh, I was worried it'll be much worse. Looks like I'm rolling with this build this league. Wish me luck. ^^

Yeah I was expecting at least -20%... unless I'm misunderstanding something this seems more like a slap on the wrist then a nerf.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Now that I think about it, only 1 wildfire also means we have smaller aoe = we hit bosses with more balls. So there's that too.
Cool so not that bad, it takes me so long to actually get a helm enchant most leagues since it's so expensive.
Might be a stupid question, but how do you think the build would do if you swap out molten strike for vaal double strike.
"
Battle0oze wrote:
Might be a stupid question, but how do you think the build would do if you swap out molten strike for vaal double strike.

There isn't really a good way to take advantage of the bleed bonuses of vaal double strike. It didn't feel good the times I tried to play around with it.

It's probably fine for low - mid tier maps but end game bosses may be frustrating.
- Scion Build Guides -

can we get an updated skill tree before league start? i really wanna try this build. it looks great :)

and would you change leap slam to something else cause of the nerf?
Last edited by liberate_asdf on Dec 5, 2018, 6:18:38 AM
"
liberate_asdf wrote:
can we get an updated skill tree before league start? i really wanna try this build. it looks great :)

and would you change leap slam to something else cause of the nerf?

Yup it will be updated right before the patch. Just don't want to confuse people playing it on standard right now.

Concerning leap slam, it actually got better for Oro's.

Math assuming a 15% attack speed roll:

Base time of old leap slam was 1.4 seconds divided by local attack speed. So old Oro's was 1.4/1.15 = 1.217 seconds for a leap slam.

New leap slam is weapon attack time + 0.55 seconds. Weapon attack time is 0.645 for Oro's (1/1.55). 0.645 + 0.55 = 1.195 seconds for a leap slam.

So the changes make leap slam about 2% faster. It probably won't be noticeable.
- Scion Build Guides -

thats perfect. thank you for explaining :)
Is it still worth making flicker strike builds? Even when people say that consecrated path is more or less a flicker strike with more damage and control?
i am trying to level using molten strike and folloiwing your guide but i am at act 5 and i have to many survive problem ... can you help me with any trick or idea to fix this problem ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info