[3.4] Tornado Shot Deadeye | Level 100 viable | #3 Ranger | Elder | Shaper | Lab

Hey all!

Can anybody tell me how to improve my Tornado Shot build?
I made a slightly different version of it in DELVE that PoE Builds posted on Youtube, but on Standard I do have this exact build aswell.

Thing is I felt quite strong in T13-14 maps with this build as DPS on toolbar shows 17-20k.. but now on my Delve build it shows about 7000dps.. im wondering where the huge difference comes from? Should have went with this tree I think? Can still respec I guess.
Mathils actual cat
"
Hellsmith wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Nvnsqr wrote:
Should I be aiming for a mix of ice/lightning damage or go for pure lightning/cold on my jewels? Would this affect our chance to freeze (less quant from Windripper) by much?

Single type damage specialization seems to be capable of more damage as is the case with the original tree. Is simply using added cold damage on pure lightning jewels enough to freeze everything up to guardians and shaper/elder?

It doesnt matter, even fire is good. You will freeze everything while clearing anyway. Take a look at what jewels these guys are using:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Deadeye&item=Windripper,Queen-of-the-Forest,Lioneyes-Fall&skill=Tornado-Shot

Just put in all 6 damage modifiers, 2 each for each element, put in weighted sum to however much flat ele you want and add life in a second group as a must have. Whatever comes is good. 50 flat ele from fire and lightning is the same as 50 flat cold, we dont scale single element damage and will have enough cold from added cold and HoI.

I noticed everyone on that list has HH. While that is eventually my goal, it will be a long time before being obtainable.

My question is how much of a difference in clearspeed/power will I lose by not having HH?

Well everyone on that list is very high level, while reaching that level they probably made currency enough to buy 5 HHs... Meaning, this build, same as every other build, is totally fine without a HH. If you really miss the mods, use one or two Inspired Learning.

"
HDTanel wrote:
Hey all!

Can anybody tell me how to improve my Tornado Shot build?
I made a slightly different version of it in DELVE that PoE Builds posted on Youtube, but on Standard I do have this exact build aswell.

Thing is I felt quite strong in T13-14 maps with this build as DPS on toolbar shows 17-20k.. but now on my Delve build it shows about 7000dps.. im wondering where the huge difference comes from? Should have went with this tree I think? Can still respec I guess.

Not sure what to tell you. You are level 74 and are using a totally different build. You are doing phys based Tornado Shot. Of course that will be a LOT weaker.
Last edited by Mecielle on Oct 2, 2018, 7:39:13 PM
How does this bow compare to a flat damage bow. is this a suitable substitute?

"
Cirdecus wrote:

No crit chance sadly. Which is a big focus of the build. You will have to keep using an Increased crit strikes gem all the way. But yea, I think it could be ok.

And I mean, it is pretty much a flat ele dmg bow. The build ends up around 400-450 dex, thats a ton of cold damage.
Last edited by Mecielle on Oct 3, 2018, 4:19:52 AM
"
Cirdecus wrote:

Bow is insanely good, if i recall its the only one on std that has the 3 mods (besides mine). The base offsets the fact that you dont have crit. So yeah i would definitely use it.
Hi all. I crafted bow, amulet and quiver. Can u tell me is it good or no?

What do you think about King of the Hill, "Piercing Shots"-node, or additional frenzy charges for this? I don't feel like going into the witch area.

edit: King of the hill because I'm using a rare helmet and feel like I could use some more crit chance. Also defensive befenits when delving
Last edited by marc004 on Oct 5, 2018, 5:58:00 PM
"
5Six wrote:

Since 3.4 a very very good node to get for this build has been the jewel slot next to top right scion and slot in Unnatural Instinct. So i might give up those and go for the jewel slot if ur 50/50 light/cold or smthing. The jewel is actually in my main build now but i just dont have much time to update guide lately.

If you cant't update guide, just open your profile, pls!
Might be a dumb question... But how do you get so much intelligence for Wrath?
Finalized my build based on this guide. From what I can see it's straight up better than Torment's Thief and has about four times the damage output.

Please OP and interested readers check if you like it or if you see any improvements:

https://pastebin.com/0DQ6DnVG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info