Gear progression in PoE is like D3 with AH

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Most core players from 2014 already left the game, because it turned into something very different from what they expected. I play PoE from 2015, and i dont play it any longer, because it got way too far with powercreep.

When I started play - 35k dps was good numbers...

"
Bone2flesh wrote:

1. Clear official statement from GGG that an integrated AH will never happen the whining stops.

2. Blocking access from all external websites to their API.

3. Making their official trade page the only one usable: it looks good and the reason is not as used is the popularity that the fan made ones gained.

4. Improving that page and making is work well and updated in real time.

That would be all. Those are things that will improve it but for myself the trading system is fine as it is right now as well.

So... how about do exactly same thing but with in game interface!

What the point of off game resource in terms of real time management?

All that I want from trade right now is ability to buy, for example, t8 maps right, fucking, now, not after 15+ whispers and 10+ minutes of waiting. I just have no time for this 'conceptual' shit - I have full time job and not enough free time for this stupid trade 'system'.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Last edited by DoEFotGS on Jun 19, 2018, 8:13:19 PM
"
Miazga wrote:
Yeah yeah,

There will be hate, there will be drama here. Not like I really care.

currently the PoE trade system is soooooo bad, it's beyond repair. Yet I noticed from my own experiance that gearing progression looks more or less the same for many:

You start with a sitty base gear, get some rares and some currency.
You use that currency to get some good leveling items.
Once leveled up, you gather more currency, and you go for shopping again, buying entry level gear for mapping.
Once you gather more currency you go shopping again and buy better gear for harder content.

Oddly this is exactly what gearing in D3 was prior to removal of AH. The "dreaded" system many people here scream to not implement, yet poe.trade is just like AH just with a down syndrome.

I really hope tencent will finally agree that AH is needed, and give an executive order for it to be implemented.

There is SSF mode you know .
"
skaterboy80 wrote:
"
Miazga wrote:

There is SSF mode you know .

Problem is I like trading, it make the game more fun to me. I dont have time for mindless grinding to get gear. I like to run around a kill hordes of monsters.

This is why I'm for some sort of automatisation of the trading process (to not call it an Auction House). I would like a way to buy stuff I want and need, right away, at any time and instantly. I dont enjoy alt-tabing all the time and taking 20+ minute to buy some stuff, when I could spend that 20 minutes actually playing and having fun.

YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
D3 AH was light-years ahead of POE.

It was great fun to trade there, while at POE it´s nothing but frustration and scamming.
There is an important detail, that needs to be highlighted. With the current trade options, both poe trade or from here trade option, it is always needed both players are online the same time, both needs to interact with each other.
This is called by a lot of trade liking players as a no-good version of market place.
From other side of view, they would say, so at last there needs to be conversation or no deal.

Lets have the other auction trade House version to llok at.
Each player could simple put an item for sell in the auction house, it does not matter if he is online or not, if another player would like to buy the item, he could make it with the auction house UI, pay and get item and be happy.

This is like it was in old days D3. Also we players used the auction house for sell list as an additional stash place for no cost. You could put an item for sale but with such idiotic cost, noone clear minded would buy it, so you had additional stash.
Also it made option for bad deals, buy for much to expensive cost and do the real deal by paypal. Not just players loved this auction house, a lot of the traders actually did not play the game at all, all they wanted was snping cheap items from player who did not know correct price and put again to sale for more cost. At the end of the month the cost for room, eat and drinking was paid by aution house.

I think the way it is, is good enough. It could be better but an option of an offline selling market place for bots and scammers, snipers and more sounds like a bad idea.
For me.
in 4years i have NEVER dropped a unique i wanted/needed for a build. so i agree with an AH, we already use poe trade 24/7
"
Miazga wrote:
Yeah yeah,

There will be hate, there will be drama here. Not like I really care.

currently the PoE trade system is soooooo bad, it's beyond repair. Yet I noticed from my own experiance that gearing progression looks more or less the same for many:

You start with a sitty base gear, get some rares and some currency.
You use that currency to get some good leveling items.
Once leveled up, you gather more currency, and you go for shopping again, buying entry level gear for mapping.
Once you gather more currency you go shopping again and buy better gear for harder content.

Oddly this is exactly what gearing in D3 was prior to removal of AH. The "dreaded" system many people here scream to not implement, yet poe.trade is just like AH just with a down syndrome.

I really hope tencent will finally agree that AH is needed, and give an executive order for it to be implemented.

whats the point? who cares?
"
Gannicus2491 wrote:
There is an important detail, that needs to be highlighted. With the current trade options, both poe trade or from here trade option, it is always needed both players are online the same time, both needs to interact with each other.
This is called by a lot of trade liking players as a no-good version of market place.
From other side of view, they would say, so at last there needs to be conversation or no deal.

Lets have the other auction trade House version to llok at.
Each player could simple put an item for sell in the auction house, it does not matter if he is online or not, if another player would like to buy the item, he could make it with the auction house UI, pay and get item and be happy.

This is like it was in old days D3. Also we players used the auction house for sell list as an additional stash place for no cost. You could put an item for sale but with such idiotic cost, noone clear minded would buy it, so you had additional stash.
Also it made option for bad deals, buy for much to expensive cost and do the real deal by paypal. Not just players loved this auction house, a lot of the traders actually did not play the game at all, all they wanted was snping cheap items from player who did not know correct price and put again to sale for more cost. At the end of the month the cost for room, eat and drinking was paid by aution house.

I think the way it is, is good enough. It could be better but an option of an offline selling market place for bots and scammers, snipers and more sounds like a bad idea.
For me.

you mistaking the action house to the real money auction house. We dont want RMAH, no one does.
Even in the AH times in D3 i any many other players were again RMAH in D3. the AH was fine it the RMT part that ruin everything.

I just want convinient fast trading for gear progression and end game items, so my grind for currency will be justified with a nice gear and smooth map progression. I want to buy maps when I need and dont worry if I will have to spend 20 minutes looking for one
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Auction house?

bleh
i was always against an AH in PoE but as time goes by im slowly turning pro AH side .. PoE has rmters botters yada yada like every other arpg where u can make profit with any kind fo currency .. the so called social aspect that PoE trading right now provides lol well there is none copy/paste t4t wow such social interactions .. i don't see the negative of an AH anymore since its not that different then current trading besides less frustrating dealing with shitty api even GGG's poetrade copy is garbage.

all these current nay sayers give me a solid reason why an AH is bad for the game ? both deliver no social interactions , AH is faster no frustration with afk/character offline dudes flippers still can flip if they wan't to so where are the negatives

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info