Gear progression in PoE is like D3 with AH

Yeah yeah,

There will be hate, there will be drama here. Not like I really care.

currently the PoE trade system is soooooo bad, it's beyond repair. Yet I noticed from my own experiance that gearing progression looks more or less the same for many:

You start with a sitty base gear, get some rares and some currency.
You use that currency to get some good leveling items.
Once leveled up, you gather more currency, and you go for shopping again, buying entry level gear for mapping.
Once you gather more currency you go shopping again and buy better gear for harder content.

Oddly this is exactly what gearing in D3 was prior to removal of AH. The "dreaded" system many people here scream to not implement, yet poe.trade is just like AH just with a down syndrome.

I really hope tencent will finally agree that AH is needed, and give an executive order for it to be implemented.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last bumped on Jun 29, 2018, 10:03:37 PM
Yeah.... NO.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
I hope they'll never even consider an auction house.
OMFG not another one, there is like 4 of this idiotic topic already on the first page. I have a counter proposition, remove poe trade and public stash tabs. That way you would rather kill yourself than go to trade chat and buy what you want. Than they would be able to adjust drop rates, problem solved.
"
kuciol wrote:
OMFG not another one, there is like 4 of this idiotic topic already on the first page. I have a counter proposition, remove poe trade and public stash tabs. That way you would rather kill yourself than go to trade chat and buy what you want. Than they would be able to adjust drop rates, problem solved.

So you propose the D3 BoA system ?
Fair enough, I could live with it. no trading but better drops seems 100% fair to me
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Never care, the Trolls will care and will come here like flies and tell you exactly why you can not have an opnion and their opinion is the only (right) thing in this world and you must play SSF because that is the answer for everything they dont understand :)

But i fear Tencent is here for the cash only and not to intervere with this game :(
I hope time will proof me wrong.....
"
Miazga wrote:

So you propose the D3 BoA system ?
Fair enough, I could live with it. no trading but better drops seems 100% fair to me

I didnt say no trading at all. Just make it so painful that it will be "last resort" not something you just do. Than GGG will be able to make it easier to get your own items. PoE.Trade is the cancer of this game and it needs to go if you want something done about it.
"
Switi wrote:
Never care, the Trolls will care and will come here like flies and tell you exactly why you can not have an opnion and their opinion is the only (right) thing in this world and you must play SSF because that is the answer for everything they dont understand :)

But i fear Tencent is here for the cash only and not to intervere with this game :(
I hope time will proof me wrong.....

The problem is that there are already 4 threads about this. OP could have searched and not make another pointless thread.

Also fuck AH.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
You know what I don't get about all this discussion about trade is... it's already an AH. The only thing we don't have is the automation of it. But this is similar to what D3 had... you search up items to your exact specifications and then go to buy it. The Act of buying it is slightly different but everything is literally the same.

Almost everything that GGG said in there manifesto already came to light... so I'm not sure what they were talking about. Trade has already made item progression a joke. It has made the need to engage with league mechanics moot since you can just farm it up and trade for it.

The problem is they talked a lot about trade but did nothing about it for years. Various sites started popping up to assist in trading but all of them went unchecked. Poe.trade started becoming more and more known to players. GGG couldn't just shut down these sites since they had become so integrated with the game, and they really didn't have there own idea for trade implemented. So here we are basically with AH

It's kind of funny that people are going back and forth on this but don't really realize that if you are for the current trade system, your actually already supporting the concept of the AH.
"
Miazga wrote:
Yeah yeah,

There will be hate, there will be drama here. Not like I really care.

currently the PoE trade system is soooooo bad, it's beyond repair. Yet I noticed from my own experiance that gearing progression looks more or less the same for many:

You start with a sitty base gear, get some rares and some currency.
You use that currency to get some good leveling items.
Once leveled up, you gather more currency, and you go for shopping again, buying entry level gear for mapping.
Once you gather more currency you go shopping again and buy better gear for harder content.

Oddly this is exactly what gearing in D3 was prior to removal of AH. The "dreaded" system many people here scream to not implement, yet poe.trade is just like AH just with a down syndrome.

I really hope tencent will finally agree that AH is needed, and give an executive order for it to be implemented.

I am smart enough to agree with you.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info