Gear progression in PoE is like D3 with AH

@TE The way you are playing the game with the use of trade is not the only way to play the game. Trading is not bad or evil and I also use it sometimes for items I am not already able to get them at that moment, but it is needed for my build idea like buildenabler or to make it run.
But with the trade by this forum trade option or PoE trade site it is a big difference than to have a supermarket directly in the game UI. You spoke of D3 and AH, I think D3 was bad at times of auction house. To remove it, was good intend but ended with a kiddies game arcade racer arpg for brainless grinding with garantee to get to endgame and clear at last the content from each season journey without any problems. Stupid game.

So, for me it is nope thanx no need for auction house in PoE UI.
"
kuciol wrote:
"
Miazga wrote:

So you propose the D3 BoA system ?
Fair enough, I could live with it. no trading but better drops seems 100% fair to me

I didnt say no trading at all. Just make it so painful that it will be "last resort" not something you just do. Than GGG will be able to make it easier to get your own items. PoE.Trade is the cancer of this game and it needs to go if you want something done about it.

Trading used to be incredibly horrible, does no one remember having to drop trade everything? What we have access to now is amazing.

I honestly hope the only thing they ever consider doing to the current system is optimizing the api so sales update quicker..
A good game isn't about the graphics or how big it is. A good game is one that you play for hours yet seems like minutes.
"
Wuzlo wrote:

Trading used to be incredibly horrible, does no one remember having to drop trade everything? What we have access to now is amazing.

I honestly hope the only thing they ever consider doing to the current system is optimizing the api so sales update quicker..

This is always a problem most games that get successful have. Influx of new players who follow the hype come and start making demands while having absolutely no clue how we got at this point with the game's mechanics.

If you look at most of the posts asking for AH and "gib treding systam durr hurr" or the people who reply supporting the idea are recent players. You will rarely see a member from before 2014 supporting this nonsense.

Because most of the core players of this game were here from the beginning and remember the most important thing about POE trading:

"That we started from the bottom and now we here"

I totally agree with you in terms of the changes required and what I would like is the following:

1. Clear official statement from GGG that an integrated AH will never happen the whining stops.

2. Blocking access from all external websites to their API.

3. Making their official trade page the only one usable: it looks good and the reason is not as used is the popularity that the fan made ones gained.

4. Improving that page and making is work well and updated in real time.

That would be all. Those are things that will improve it but for myself the trading system is fine as it is right now as well.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Wuzlo wrote:

This is always a problem most games that get successful have. Influx of new players who follow the hype come and start making demands while having absolutely no clue how we got at this point with the game's mechanics.

If you look at most of the posts asking for AH and "gib treding systam durr hurr" or the people who reply supporting the idea are recent players. You will rarely see a member from before 2014 supporting this nonsense.

Most core players from 2014 already left the game, because it turned into something very different from what they expected. I play PoE from 2015, and i dont play it any longer, because it got way too far with powercreep.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jun 19, 2018, 9:52:16 AM
ME:

totally for AH
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Miazga wrote:
ME:

totally for AH

Same for me... Nov 2013, would love a better trade system. Without something better than what we have now, this game will forever be remembered as the greatest ARPG with the worst trading. Trade is this game's Achilles heel.
- here's my sig
All poe needs in this regard is the ability to buy items listed in public stashes without interaction, it vastly smooths out the experience and it stops fake listings in one go.
I see a couple of people saying "Buff SSF drop rates and watch people flock".

Please no. I play SSF because the gear and grind feels good. If you buff that shit it will be boring like D3. There is no need to buff shit in SSF as most of the recent leagues have been pretty decent for farming gear yourself anyway.

Trade market is fucked up in leagues now anyway. Chaos:Exalt ratios hit Standard (or higher prices) within a week.

I swapped to SSF as soon as it was introduced and it is so much more rewarding. Complain about the trade platform as much as you want, but leave the current SSF the fuck alone. If you are too lazy to trade, don't try advocating for loot buffs in an SSF mode. Some people like finding rare drops.

Seeing these things drop in SSF feels fucking awesome. Stop trying to change a perfectly fine game mode because you're lazy please. Thank you.
This topic is ridiculously naive.... an AH that allows smooth gearing progression isn't actually bad in the first place. The two problems with the d3 AH were that there was always a real money option and that the d3 itemization model was always a boring samey system where every character would optimally scale all skill damage the exact same way. The latter isn't relevant to PoE and the former wouldn't be done in the first place.

So it's actually cool that our gearing progression has approached what an AH allows you to reach, but it sure would be better if we just got the AH without the human hassle.
Oh, so you can sell while offline or in the lab?

Oh, the sell/buy interface is built into the game with buyouts?

Oh, you don't have to communicate with the person you are buying from?

Get a clue - this is nothing similar. This is far closer to D2 trading on d2jsp than it is to an AH

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info