Shaping Maps
T1-4 Doesn't matter what you shape
T5 Haunted Mansion
T6 Underground Sea
T7 Bazaar
T8 Armoury
T9 Wastepool
T10 Siege

I'm a newbie regarding shaping maps. What I'm suppose to do with the other unshaped red maps?
Uncomplete them? Sell them?
And Zana gave me two extra shaping orbs (T9 and T10). Should I use them too? or better not?

My long term goal is to get to a 100th...

Thanks

First off, the idea is to not have any regular red map completed, and to shape whatever maps you like to Tier 11- 15.

This way, whenever you run one of your shaped maps, if a T11 - 15 map drops, its one of your shaped maps (except for when you shape a T10, which may drop an adjacent T11).

If you want to use the additional orbs is up to you. It reduces your chance to get one specific shaped map. If you don't mind this, then use them. If you only want one, don't.

I'd suggest slightly different setup for your shaped maps tho:

-T1 Lookout
-T2 Pen
-T3 Cage
-T4 Grotto
as these have all very linear layouts and are fast to run, with no backtracking except for Grotto, which can often be avoided tho.

-T5 Haunted Mansion as mentioned
is a nice idea as long as you don't have a large pool of maps.

-T5 Maze
once you are past running T10s, it's nice to re-shape to Maze
as this allows you to 3:1 it for T11 Underground Seas

-T6 Underground Sea as mentioned

-T7 Ramparts
the idea is to not run it, but 3:1 it for T13 Armourys
-T7 Bazaar
can be a pain to run because you often end up stuck/blocked in stupid crap, so i opted to not run it.

-T8 Armoury as mentioned

-T9 Moon Temple
way better sustain than Waste Pool, because it has way more monsters, but the layout isn't as mindlessly to run, so keep that in mind
-T9 Estuary
somewhat the same as Waste Pool, but an open layout which is less harsh on mistakes if you happen to end up in-between 2 bearer packs.

Big PLUS is that you can kill both of these maps bosses without much trouble. I've collected all map rewards of these as I ran 100 maps combined, and got 34 T11+ maps back, which I wouldn't have had if I didn't kill them. This is huge for SSF. However, this number can totally differ as you roll maps differently, and use more or less currency running them.

-T10
i really don't know how to feel about this one
tried Belfry, fast XP but no returns.
tried Siege, takes time, more rewards, but also less xp/hr. often dropping adjacent T11 Collonade which I didn't run, so i removed it and tried Bog, which seemed to work best overall, as I was easily able to kill the boss too.

However, having shaper/elder influence on your t15s is hard to maintain compared to T11-14s, so I unshaped my T15 to get more T14s and have an easier time.
Last edited by bjornharx on Sep 9, 2018, 9:55:18 AM
pleace add new passive tree for now point thx
Please new passive tree
"
mayninja03 wrote:
pleace add new passive tree for new point thx
Seems like the Path of Building Tree export function is bugged so that it exports a 3.3 tree POEURL. I re-exported the trees on Sunday but seems they are still 3.3 trees. The tree hasn't changed AT ALL so you can still follow the same paths and get the same nodes.

Otherwise, getting Path of Building is extremely recommended as most other build guides use it anyways and is much easier to use compared to POEURL
What kind of jewels shoudl I be targeting?

He mentions getting #% Onslaught on kill. Should I be getting multiple of those or just 1 (8%) is sufficient?

If only (1) of those Onslaught jewels are required then im guessing its the stand #% Maximum Energy Shield and Fire/Burn Dmg?

Thanks in advance.
Onslaught on kill on an abyss jewel is nice and you only really need one. According to math, with 4% on kill, killing a pack with 20 mobs gives a 55% chance to gain onslaught, which is good enough.
Mostly focus on ES/fire/burning
Could someone explain why Aila is using Consecrated ground as movement skill when it deals fire damage and destroys EE?
"
Serviderius wrote:
Could someone explain why Aila is using Consecrated ground as movement skill when it deals fire damage and destroys EE?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but if you read the gem description carefully it says:

"
50% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage

so i guess if you don't have any phys, it can't convert anything?

Honestly I would never even consider using this movement skill, wheter or not it interferes with EE.

You really need something to get fast from A to B when there are no mobs, and Phase run often isn't cutting it for me when I tested it.

For me, switching Life Gain on Hit for Culling Strike (20% qual) in the Shield Charge setup does the trick, as I have frenzy charges too. It's not that much slower than before.

If you add a Atk+Castspeed enchant on boots, and get the leech from somewhere else, you are as fast as before.

//However, the only time where it matters if you give monsters more fire res is against bosses/high regen rares, as everything else dies while shield charging over them, so you wouldn't even notice.
Last edited by bjornharx on Sep 14, 2018, 9:33:21 AM
It does fire damage but the EE buff it really doesn't matter in most cases. The consecrated ground is quite nice and it really is a good movement skill as it lets you hop over things similar to flame dash or leap slam but its faster than bot and lets you jump nearly offscreen. It doesn't help when backtracking but if you're back tracking there isn't much that's going to help anyhow imo.

And like you said, you drop Orb anyways, so it immediately re-shocks them to apply the right EE setup for bosses and yellow mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info