[3.6] Aila's Rank 1 Hybrid/Low Life Righteous Fire Occultist

Yh this guide doesn't explain much in terms of levelling with RF, ur best of playing with another skill till vile bastion ascendancy or get the regen uniques like springleaf or shaper's seed. Still not worth leveling occultist with RF if its ur first time trying it.
This guide explains alot. Grab the Flask Life Recovery Speed nodes and use Sacred / Hallowed / Divine Life Flasks! The most important part is to have 1 that heels instant. I haven't had any problems sustaining RF from where you got the recovery nodes. Make sure ur fire res is capped at 75 and you shouldn't have a problem. Also use stone golem all the time before you switch to ES.

I leveled this Build in SSF HC Incursion, at level 82 at the moment and still life based with roughly 4,9k life. About to switch as soon as i get good boots. I got a shapers seed which helps sustaining a higher life pool with RF too.

I killed Kitava A10 with Scorching Ray - Efficiancy swapped with RF and Conc Effect.

The build is a lot of fun but requires proper flask management.Since u get so much charges from poachers i always press Quicksilver, Basalt, Instant Flask and last the regening life flask for sustaining.

Cheers
How bad is the degen of this build on less-dense maps, or if I am stopping to pick up alchs and chromatics at the start of the league? I played a similar version of this but as a Shadow so I'm somewhat familiar with a "kill dependent" play style. Basically I am curious if playing this build will always feel "rushed". I was also wondering if the 4 second duration of Vile Bastion is long enough to get through most map bosses?

Thanks
"
Foot wrote:
How bad is the degen of this build on less-dense maps, or if I am stopping to pick up alchs and chromatics at the start of the league? I played a similar version of this but as a Shadow so I'm somewhat familiar with a "kill dependent" play style. Basically I am curious if playing this build will always feel "rushed". I was also wondering if the 4 second duration of Vile Bastion is long enough to get through most map bosses?

Thanks

I raced to 98 and got my first Demi with Aila's build.

If you want a honest opinion: don't even think about having anything but maps and worthy stuff on your filter.

I wouldn't recommend this as a "league starter" without a set atlas, enough low-tier currency that you can safely remove them
from your filter or don't care if you don't pick them up.

When I wasn't decked out, I even left chaos and chisels to be abandoned as just a 2-3 shieldcharge backtracking move could de-gen me to a point where i had to put up a portal before picking up stuff, just to insta leave the map or otherwise i would've ended up with 1HP and no ES halfway to the next pack, if it wasn't a loaded UGsea or Armoury (as these provide good density and layouts).

Add in some less regen (or no regen at all) mapmods, and you are bound to use up all
portals if you don't act strict enough on loot. Or, you know, you might just lose 10% because some ranged critter spit at you while being on your last few hundred remaining ES because of some regret orb. At this point you wonder if the regret was worth your regret.

With a Shavs it's not that bad as you can run PoF on your life, actually the build becomes alot less hectic.

But this wasn't an option for me as I wanted to truly run all map mods for fast XP.
And turns out "%recover on kill" in 8-mod 40+ packsize double beyonded triple sextanted maps doesn't even get you down to less than 80% ES ever, being on full ES for almost 50 of 60 seconds it takes to clear a UGsea.
Nunless something just guts you down to having no ES at all (looking at you castspeed crit buffed Abaxoth).

As for bosses in general, once you got a 6link even T14 bosses ain't that much of a problem. Pop your flasks, shield charge to the boss, drop OoS, wait till your ES is almost down, pop your VD and VRF, see bosses cripple as long as there are no phases.

Very fun build, very fast build, very strong build, just no "oh I'll pick this rare and this alchemy, o wait there's a map and a unique, let's head over there"-build.

Last edited by bjornharx on Aug 30, 2018, 2:42:08 PM
It seems you dont have PoB links for more than 42 points. Where is the rest of the PoB links?

"
It seems you dont have PoB links for more than 42 points. Where is the rest of the PoB links?

You probably loaded them into the new PoB.

Cuz of the changes in 3.4 witch and templar builds won't load correctly into the latest PoB. Try to install an old version.
Last edited by JaegerMeister_CL on Aug 31, 2018, 12:35:23 PM
"

"

You probably loaded them into the new PoB.

Cuz of the changes in 3.4 witch and templar builds won't load correctly into the latest PoB. Try to install an old version.

I see. Well lets hope that Jayjayish makes it the new PoB or ill go with the PoE links then.
I will update the PoB when I get off my plane tomorrow.

Edit: Fixed PoB
Last edited by Jayjayish on Sep 1, 2018, 10:46:05 AM
Is there a way to sustain the rf degen completely?
With lots of money and going trickster instead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info