[3.6] Aila's Rank 1 Hybrid/Low Life Righteous Fire Occultist

Good summation for peeps but you should put a caveat in there at top that Aila is Aila and 99% of us will die very easy playing this build. It relies on excellent flask usage at all times only most experienced players should even attempt and you will probably still die because you are not Aila. I'd go trickster instead.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 4, 2018, 9:43:24 PM
A thing is bothering me in this guide.

You are talking about getting low life to proc the broken crown, yet your gear section uses a rare helmet.

Also, what would change tree/gear wise for the trickster ?
"
"
Foot wrote:
How bad is the degen of this build on less-dense maps, or if I am stopping to pick up alchs and chromatics at the start of the league? I played a similar version of this but as a Shadow so I'm somewhat familiar with a "kill dependent" play style. Basically I am curious if playing this build will always feel "rushed". I was also wondering if the 4 second duration of Vile Bastion is long enough to get through most map bosses?

Thanks

I raced to 98 and got my first Demi with Aila's build.

If you want a honest opinion: don't even think about having anything but maps and worthy stuff on your filter.

I wouldn't recommend this as a "league starter" without a set atlas, enough low-tier currency that you can safely remove them
from your filter or don't care if you don't pick them up.

When I wasn't decked out, I even left chaos and chisels to be abandoned as just a 2-3 shieldcharge backtracking move could de-gen me to a point where i had to put up a portal before picking up stuff, just to insta leave the map or otherwise i would've ended up with 1HP and no ES halfway to the next pack, if it wasn't a loaded UGsea or Armoury (as these provide good density and layouts).

Add in some less regen (or no regen at all) mapmods, and you are bound to use up all
portals if you don't act strict enough on loot. Or, you know, you might just lose 10% because some ranged critter spit at you while being on your last few hundred remaining ES because of some regret orb. At this point you wonder if the regret was worth your regret.

With a Shavs it's not that bad as you can run PoF on your life, actually the build becomes alot less hectic.

But this wasn't an option for me as I wanted to truly run all map mods for fast XP.
And turns out "%recover on kill" in 8-mod 40+ packsize double beyonded triple sextanted maps doesn't even get you down to less than 80% ES ever, being on full ES for almost 50 of 60 seconds it takes to clear a UGsea.
Nunless something just guts you down to having no ES at all (looking at you castspeed crit buffed Abaxoth).

As for bosses in general, once you got a 6link even T14 bosses ain't that much of a problem. Pop your flasks, shield charge to the boss, drop OoS, wait till your ES is almost down, pop your VD and VRF, see bosses cripple as long as there are no phases.

Very fun build, very fast build, very strong build, just no "oh I'll pick this rare and this alchemy, o wait there's a map and a unique, let's head over there"-build.

There should be an area in the post where the most quality feedback belongs. This is the most quality feedback on the build, ANYONE wanting to run this should absolutely read this post word for word.
Here are some tips from me.
People talk about hard degen etc.
1. Drop despair as aura and use witchfire brew flask (easy to buy if not ssf), if ssf, then gl finding one.
2. Run purity of fire since it makes degen weaker.
3. Drop some gem for example inc crit from orb of storms and run stone golem for good hp regen.
4. If using shavs equip vitality - another great tool.
5. In case you have currency - watcher's eye with es recovery rate.
6. Use ruby flask with increased effect for additional max fire res
7. In terms of degen rise of the phoenix helps a lot, you drop some dmg but it should be fine. You can even use saffell's frame.
8. Add regen enchant to your boots if you can.
Enjoy!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Good summation for peeps but you should put a caveat in there at top that Aila is Aila and 99% of us will die very easy playing this build. It relies on excellent flask usage at all times only most experienced players should even attempt and you will probably still die because you are not Aila. I'd go trickster instead.

Honestly, it doesn't require alot (if any) flask management at all. Even after 20-hour sessions where one gets to the point of not paying attention and repeatedly spamming their flasks because of lack of focus, even with "less flask charges" mods it's almost impossible to not have 1 use of every flask.

The mentioned flask section is there for a reason. You go "Inc. Duration" on all Flasks, you don't have to worry about flask usage anymore.

"
ubdsfg wrote:
Here are some tips from me.
People talk about hard degen etc.
1. Drop despair as aura and use witchfire brew flask (easy to buy if not ssf), if ssf, then gl finding one.
2. Run purity of fire since it makes degen weaker.
3. Drop some gem for example inc crit from orb of storms and run stone golem for good hp regen.
4. If using shavs equip vitality - another great tool.
5. In case you have currency - watcher's eye with es recovery rate.
6. Use ruby flask with increased effect for additional max fire res
7. In terms of degen rise of the phoenix helps a lot, you drop some dmg but it should be fine. You can even use saffell's frame.
8. Add regen enchant to your boots if you can.
Enjoy!

Good tips right there! For tradeleague there are definitely alot of options to make everything butter-smooth if one has enough currency.
So much QoL which just isn't/very hard to obtain in SSF, yet the build is made for exactly this.

I wouldn't even go Occultist if not on SSF.

Just a thought on my part on 3. & 6.

3. Golems: I wouldn't to be honest. Golems do nothing but get you killed because of chain, or pulling aggro from afar.

6. Increased Effect on Ruby Flask: You may get some additional res, but you'll also struggle to keep the flask up, which ends in often not having the flask up in low-density/bad layout maps, which then results in you taking a lot more damage.

"
greeenmartian wrote:
"
"
Foot wrote:
How bad is the degen of this build on less-dense maps, or if I am stopping to pick up alchs and chromatics at the start of the league? I played a similar version of this but as a Shadow so I'm somewhat familiar with a "kill dependent" play style. Basically I am curious if playing this build will always feel "rushed". I was also wondering if the 4 second duration of Vile Bastion is long enough to get through most map bosses?

Thanks

I raced to 98 and got my first Demi with Aila's build.

If you want a honest opinion: don't even think about having anything but maps and worthy stuff on your filter.

I wouldn't recommend this as a "league starter" without a set atlas, enough low-tier currency that you can safely remove them
from your filter or don't care if you don't pick them up.

When I wasn't decked out, I even left chaos and chisels to be abandoned as just a 2-3 shieldcharge backtracking move could de-gen me to a point where i had to put up a portal before picking up stuff, just to insta leave the map or otherwise i would've ended up with 1HP and no ES halfway to the next pack, if it wasn't a loaded UGsea or Armoury (as these provide good density and layouts).

Add in some less regen (or no regen at all) mapmods, and you are bound to use up all
portals if you don't act strict enough on loot. Or, you know, you might just lose 10% because some ranged critter spit at you while being on your last few hundred remaining ES because of some regret orb. At this point you wonder if the regret was worth your regret.

With a Shavs it's not that bad as you can run PoF on your life, actually the build becomes alot less hectic.

But this wasn't an option for me as I wanted to truly run all map mods for fast XP.
And turns out "%recover on kill" in 8-mod 40+ packsize double beyonded triple sextanted maps doesn't even get you down to less than 80% ES ever, being on full ES for almost 50 of 60 seconds it takes to clear a UGsea.
Nunless something just guts you down to having no ES at all (looking at you castspeed crit buffed Abaxoth).

As for bosses in general, once you got a 6link even T14 bosses ain't that much of a problem. Pop your flasks, shield charge to the boss, drop OoS, wait till your ES is almost down, pop your VD and VRF, see bosses cripple as long as there are no phases.

Very fun build, very fast build, very strong build, just no "oh I'll pick this rare and this alchemy, o wait there's a map and a unique, let's head over there"-build.

There should be an area in the post where the most quality feedback belongs. This is the most quality feedback on the build, ANYONE wanting to run this should absolutely read this post word for word.

Thank you very much for these kind words!

I'll gladly give tips to anyone having questions about the build.

I'm also trying some different setups out at the moment, and some tree changes.
Since Incursion ended and chaos-res isn't that important anymore, I'm thinking about stuff like tossing The Broken Crown, or at least "Life gain on Hit" as Vaal RF doesn't remove part our life anymore, and the leech enchant on boots is enough to keep the occasional chaos-dmg under control.
Last edited by bjornharx on Sep 6, 2018, 9:45:47 AM
Well, can you then answer to the second part of my previous post ?
"
CloakedJester wrote:
"
CloakedJester wrote:

You are talking about getting low life to proc the broken crown, yet your gear section uses a rare helmet.

Sure!

In the gear section, you have 2 different drop-downs.

One is for the Hybrid Version, called "Hybrid Specific" where "The Broken Crown" is, which is somewhat mandatory for the Hybrid Version as chaos-dmg bypasses your ES, and this item adds alot of chaos-res

One is for the LL-version, called "Low Life Specific" which can make use of a rare helmet. This is because the LL-version uses a Shavronne's Wrappings (REQUIRED!), and therefore chaos-res isn't that important anymore, as it doesn't bypass your ES.

However, you can still use "The Broken Crown" on the LL-version, as it does not only give you a lot of chaos-res, but also a little bit of DMG. This also makes it easier to gear on rings and amulets, as you need less chaos-res on these.

About the tree and gear for tricksters, while I'm not used to these, I'd recommend you go 100% LL-version only, as your Ascendancy gives you the desired shaper-chest mod.

For the Ascendancy nodes, I'd go:

- Patient Reaper
- Prolonged Pain
- Weave The Arcane/Ghost Dance
- Swift Killer

Overall, I think as a trickster the build will be faster moving from A-B, might not need the Silver Flask, will deal more damage against bosses and rares, but most likely will struggle a little on clear as Profane Bloom does a very nice job.

But keep in mind this build is made for SSF, and the Trickster most likely won't be as good as the Occultist in said environment.

"
"
CloakedJester wrote:
"
CloakedJester wrote:

Sure!

One is for the Hybrid Version, called "Hybrid Specific" where "The Broken Crown" is, which is somewhat mandatory for the Hybrid Version as chaos-dmg bypasses your ES, and this item adds alot of chaos-res

One is for the LL-version, called "Low Life Specific" which can make use of a rare helmet. This is because the LL-version uses a Shavronne's Wrappings (REQUIRED!), and therefore chaos-res isn't that important anymore, as it doesn't bypass your ES.

However, you can still use "The Broken Crown" on the LL-version, as it does not only give you a lot of chaos-res, but also a little bit of DMG. This also makes it easier to gear on rings and amulets, as you need less chaos-res on these.

About the tree and gear for tricksters, while I'm not used to these, I'd recommend you go 100% LL-version only, as your Ascendancy gives you the desired shaper-chest mod.

- Patient Reaper
- Prolonged Pain
- Swift Killer

Overall, I think as a trickster the build will be faster moving from A-B, might not need the Silver Flask, will deal more damage against bosses and rares, but most likely will struggle a little on clear as Profane Bloom does a very nice job.

But keep in mind this build is made for SSF, and the Trickster most likely won't be as good as the Occultist in said environment.

My question was oriented towards the passive tree rather than the ascendancy, as i already have the ascendancy in mind.
Also, i think the gear should be a bit different, even on low life, for example, chayula becomes mandatory because you don't have "cannot be stunned while you have energy shield" on trickster.

For the broken crown part: note that Higher ES will lead to more damage, and that Shavronne's already reduces your ES pool, so the damage buff on low life needs to be worth it.
Last edited by CloakedJester on Sep 8, 2018, 2:22:27 PM
"
CloakedJester wrote:
"
"
CloakedJester wrote:
"
CloakedJester wrote:

Sure!

- Patient Reaper
- Prolonged Pain
- Swift Killer

My question was oriented towards the passive tree rather than the ascendancy, as i already have the ascendancy in mind.
Also, i think the gear should be a bit different, even on low life, for example, chayula becomes mandatory because you don't have "cannot be stunned while you have energy shield" on trickster.

For the broken crown part: note that Higher ES will lead to more damage, and that Shavronne's already reduces your ES pool, so the damage buff on low life needs to be worth it.

I'm sorry, I'm not used to Trickster, so I can't tell you much about tree-changes, as i don't know enough about it.

I guess your best bet would be to look up Trickster RF builds on the forums, these guys know what to click and why if you wish to play this with a different Ascendancy.

You're right about the amulet, I didn't think about the missing anti-stun.

But keep in mind that it doesn't matter that much if you have 9k or 10k ES for DMG-purpose. I can't really tell much of a difference if I change my equip and lose ~1k ES DMG-wise, except for bosses which this build isn't supposed to farm anyways. And even then it's "only" about 10% damage you lose out on as Occultist, which leaves you with enough damage to still comfortably kill trash in T15s.

Last edited by bjornharx on Sep 8, 2018, 2:51:46 PM
"
Shaping Maps
T1-4 Doesn't matter what you shape
T5 Haunted Mansion
T6 Underground Sea
T7 Bazaar
T8 Armoury
T9 Wastepool
T10 Siege

I'm a newbie regarding shaping maps. What I'm suppose to do with the other unshaped red maps?
Uncomplete them? Sell them?
And Zana gave me two extra shaping orbs (T9 and T10). Should I use them too? or better not?

My long term goal is to get to a 100th...

Thanks
Last edited by JaegerMeister_CL on Sep 9, 2018, 6:09:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info