[3.6] Aila's Rank 1 Hybrid/Low Life Righteous Fire Occultist

As a dedicated Occulist RF SSFHC player i have experience with the build and pretty much soloely do RF builds that have fun ascendancies such as Occulist, trickster anything that isn´t tank/y/

Life flask sustaining RF is the way to go for efficiency indeed.

Hit me up ingame if you have any questions regarding RF occu or RF in general, glad to help.

Character Name ---> TripRipSnip <---
Hi there!

Thanks for translating Aila's build. It's fun to run although not an easy one.
As I play in the trade league, I had more gear to choose from and therefore went LL.

Here's my gear at lvl93

I also have a Watcher's Eye with ES regen while affected by Discipline. All in all, I manage to reduce the degen to about half of the original build and it's quite comfortable at the moment. But I'm still looking for ways to reduce it even further. When I pop a ruby flask I get a positive regen for some seconds which is quite useful when backtracking.

Trying this build in SSF this time.

its to hard to drop an es shaper armour in SSF, is there any trick ?
not really, although shaper strongholds now mean that you can get some guaranteed shaper item drops so you should aim maps with stronghold
Dayman.
"
Hi there!

As I play in the trade league, I had more gear to choose from and therefore went LL.

Here's my gear at lvl93

I also have a Watcher's Eye with ES regen while affected by Discipline. All in all, I manage to reduce the degen to about half of the original build and it's quite comfortable at the moment. But I'm still looking for ways to reduce it even further. When I pop a ruby flask I get a positive regen for some seconds which is quite useful when backtracking.

Hi guys,
been playing with more or less the same build and wanted to share my experience,
i've been struggling to counter the degen and finally managed to counter the effect :)

here are my items :

Every little helps to counter the degen :
- The combo Cerberus / Ahn's Heritage might sound weird but gives me 270+ ES and +3% all max res, which helps a lot for degen, it might not give as much dps as doryani but I don't feel like I'm lacking damage. (could even use a rare shield 2.5K+ armour to get even more ES but would lose max fire resist )
- Purity of Fire lvl 20 in +3 socketed ring gives +5% flat max fire res, even more with aura efectiveness nodes in the tree
- upgraded Soul of Tukohama gives you 2% regen while you stand still, which can help in some situations (boss ..)
- Watcher's eye and Transcendent Mind are a bit pricey (about 1ex each) but do help too (don't like Transcendent that much, but without it I would degen while moving)
- Vitality gives some regen too
- Life regen nodes close to the templar start area give 2.2% regen
- Stone golem can help too, I'm not using it anymore since it dies a lot but gets the job done as long as he's alive :)
- any potion with "of Dousing" suffix will remove RF, allowing ES recharge, very useful in difficult situations ! (mostly for bosses you can't melt with Vaal RF + Vaal Discipline), very useful for walking into Darkness in mines too !

One thing i don't really understand is that when I reach a certain amount of ES, regen will surpass the degen :for example I degen without Discipline and regen when activated, I don't get it since degen and regen are based on the same number but I must be missing something.

Right now i'm sitting at lvl 91 with 9.6k ES, 85% Fire res and +30 ES regen / sec while walking (without flasks, and more when standing still), been focusing on mines so I didn't do maps much but have been able to clear T16 Lair of the Hydra easily ( boss included :p )

Hope this can help and have fun with RF !
Would this be a good item for this build? I'm trying to get all of the items before i start leveling, i'm going for Low Life in trade league.

Last edited by Layumz on Sep 18, 2018, 2:05:17 PM
"
Hi there!

Here's my gear at lvl93

On trade, aim for a corrupted Bated Breath with Discipline Aura Effect, adds a nice junk of ES.

Get rid of the LGoH in you SC setup and replace it with a 20% Cull, makes you a little faster, and you don't need the LGoH on a Shavs build.

And you should switch the gems in the Hubris, Efficacy is for 5links, Swift + Arcane Surge is for 6links.

"
Layumz wrote:
Would this be a good item for this build? I'm trying to get all of the items before i start leveling, i'm going for Low Life in trade league.

It's by no means bad, but if you are on trade, I wouldn't bother with the helmet and just go with a very high ES Hubris (250+).

The Crit doesn't do anything, the Life is useless too (as you want LL), and overall more ES means more DMG as well as survivability and a little less stress to keep up the regen as you have more wiggle-room till you run out of ES.
"
vonBülo wrote:

here are my items :

One thing i don't really understand is that when I reach a certain amount of ES, regen will surpass the degen :for example I degen without Discipline and regen when activated, I don't get it since degen and regen are based on the same number but I must be missing something.

Probably a good idea to read your item's mods :p
Last edited by bjornharx on Sep 19, 2018, 3:34:55 AM
oh yes, i'm stupid lol, thanks for the insight, that was obvious :)
https://pastebin.com/NeysaAbY
Here is another version that I saw on Chinese? Aila's path of exile profile a long time ago with some(little) editing (There is still a PLENTY of place for improvements and you need str and dex on gear AND it's lvl 100 build).

Main things you need are Esh's Visage, Unset Ring with +2-3 to socketed gems with 20-21 lvl Purity of fire (+2 ring for 21 Purity, +3 ring for 20 Purity) and gloves/helmet with Essense craft (Helmet will be better today because of Shaper/Elder items) + Witchfire Brew.

This gives you chaos damage does not bypass ES and allow you use some high ES shaped Vaal Regalia with %es on kill as well as 90% fire res with ruby flask up.
And I don't even add some Watcher's eye.
Chayula can be replaced by a rare amulet or Bisco.

I don't play with this setup yet xD So idk how well build will show itself but on paper, it seems good.
Last edited by Uoipka on Sep 25, 2018, 11:35:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info