How Poe elites ruined Bestiary AND Incursion - Bestiary you will be missed.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I would like to say that I agree that they could have kept Bestiary... but it would have required a ton of work. Much easier to dump it and save those hours for other tasks.

^This

Bestiary could have been a good league, but it wasnt.
And it wasnt a good league because it was "anti clearspeed". It wasnt good, because GGG decided to produce the league on an "aggressive schedule", they ran into unexpected issues and were unable to fix those issue throughout the entire league.

If they cant fix it in 3 months time, it has to go.
If they would have invested even more time, the production of future leagues would be forced into another "aggressive schedule" to make room for fixing old unpolished content, which means the future leagues would have been equally unfinished and unpolished and as result would inevitably lead to decline.

On the bright side:
- GGG realized that and instead of sinked more time into Bestiary, they culled it
- They changed their production cycle only based on the experiences they made during Bestiary

So Im happy Bestiary existed, but Im even more happy its gone for good.
"
Qiox wrote:
"
Lewnatic wrote:
tl;dr:Players don´t see the whole picture in game-dev for that reason GGG made the wrong decision to listen to the reddit powergamers instead of looking at the play statistics.

Like do you honestly believe that shit you just typed? Do you just imagine something stupid like that and then assume it is the truth?

It's like we are not even the same species. How the fuck can you think something so stupid? GGG ignored the stats.... holy fucking hell.

Wew. Seems like i really hit a nerve here. Which is a good sign of course.

Also litte remidner here, that this are all uniques we got this league.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2156394

8 of them are useless jewels. One is good. And 3 of those jewels are also upgradable. so In total we got one chase Unique and a couple of mediocre ones. No new end-game stuff no beastcrafting etc.

Also it seems like they had to add the new suffixes because well the uniques where a bit scarce.
Last edited by Lewnatic on Jun 5, 2018, 1:24:44 PM
Just because Bestiary wasn't league material, doesn't mean it wasn't for the game..GGG *sigh*
Last edited by Macromute on Jun 5, 2018, 3:56:11 PM
Fixing bestiary or making the great league that Incursion is, pick your poison, m8. The devs are not Jim Carrey in Bruce Allmighty computer scene.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
"
morbo wrote:
"
Lewnatic wrote:
What about the content that i wrote in my thread then?

Your arguments can be boiled down to: I liked Bestiary and miss not having it. Which is a perfectly reasonable position, but then you concoct a bunch of questionable arguments why are we supposedly missing out for not having Bestiary. A handful of nice recipes is nothing to cry over. I play SSF exclusively and was doing just fine before Bestiary, wont miss any of it. (btw, Bestiary was not ruined by elites, it was genuinely hated by all "castes" of PoE players)

I think Incursion is awesome. The league is always present but can be totally ignored. Constructing & looting the temple is a perfect combination of RNG, strategy & clearspeed tension, with good rewards, difficult encounters and lots of mob density. Top 3 leagues for sure, if not the #1 for me.

I dont think his arguments can be boiled down like that. He and a lot of players are missing all the possibilities that Bestiary gave to a player and the replacements for it are not only more demanding and worse in quality and quanitity but also more limited in the possibility to combine, as he mentions and is even giving a detailed example by white slots and 30% quality on one item.

The same fucking players who whined about the discomfort of throwing nets and memorizing recipes that will save them thousands of alteration orbs or gives them an ilvl 80 sixlink will now FOR SURE take their time to carefully design their temples, minding every layout, stone key placement and architect kill in every single fucking incursion IN ADVANCE to get the best gameplay experience.

LOL

Its obviously just about braindeadly entering any incursion, not looking at any map or reading any of its shit because that would break your white noise game flow and make you get below dem magic 200 mio xp/h, hissing at the loading screen, then getting all free packs you can grab, just place your shitstain stone key wherever you can before the timer runs out and whatever nonsensical abomination you get as temple as a result, nobody cares, cause its a free huge map with good mob level with many packs and even if that is too much for you then you can just ignore the league as a whole by not talking to Alva and just play it like perma leagues.

GGG was REALLY diplomatic there, SADLY.

And that is as stupid as a league can be, the game stays the same just with more xp and more loot for same investment and all at the players choice. The game gets undoubtly easier like that eventhough it should not. I bet those dudes who cried about bestiary are the same dudes who cry in another feedback forum thread about the game getting easier ...

A real league would be about forcing shit onto the player no matter if he likes it or not, demanding more from him but also offering him more than the leagues before, forcing him to utilize all the new stuff in order to perform just as good as before the league and keeping the difficulty in the big pictuere on the same level. Just like Bestiary did for example.

AND at all the "SSF players" here: Every player with a brain, no matter if SSF or not, knows that bestiary was gold for SSF, there is no league even close to it. So the fact that you say the exact opposite of commonly agreed knowledge shows that you dont have any idea what you are talking about but also that you dont play SSF most probably.

The 3 adrenaline quicksilvers at start, NOBODY MISSING THEM? The flask crafting that saved you like 200 alts so you can actually roll jewels or weapons instead of fuck flasks ... Nobody is even mentioning it, all the unique item stuff that enabled you to actually work towards your desired build making unique instead of collecting and chance orbing 500 white bases ...

I can understand when people say that they dont give a shit about SSF and that it is not the real game, thats a totally legit onion.

But those dudes claiming to play SSF while only having standard chars or AT BEST one fucking lvl 40 SSF char and then judge about Bestiary in SSF is something that really nobody should take seriously, OBVIOUSLY.

GGG? lost me when they renounce Bestiary that was a open beta one month before league ended.

I play poe and i do like YT or forums and some time drop on Twitch but never have i gone to Redit for something related to PoE. What to say about this, how some feedback can be challenged if its not for all to see in one place.

Currently i have not opened poe for long time until this day just to update and do some looking.
As i say GGG just lost me and worst, my interest. They can rain mirrors and what ever i just wont even be there to be tempted, my burnout with this crap is just killed all thoughts of PoE related, builds items, mechanic i just dont think nothing or care to be around. This triggered me relay bad and i was in middle of big plans when it happened. The level of RIP player attention is just as same as DELETE, very interesting as they done this delete to start it.

I spend so mach time on elder ring, spend 1000c on removing and shaping atles, they kiled end game before this and now they nuked all, they removed bestiary it never end. Bestiary was just removed because less drama faster they sell. Zero to zero continuity, they remove ground below your feet so you got nothing to stand on. Do not see how will this make a better game, may make more money but STD have not changed for some time now.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Jun 6, 2018, 8:52:58 PM
"
Deleted the wall of bias and opinions because no one got time for that.

I enjoyed your encyclopedic knowledge of SSF. Thank you for your expert opinion. And the not so subtle superiority complex.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Jun 7, 2018, 12:33:29 AM
1- in a program RNG does not exist, everything is programmed
2- interaction does not exist and not possible, it looks like a card game
3- always at least 3 builds

SO:

1- need complete xy achievement/challenge or xy map with xy conditions only for try (all is a big secret included fake bug to the advantage of only some apparently) or probably need spend xy, you not need play, you need know how (will anyone be involved?), all is possible for few and stream man only

2- interaction is not possible in this game, if you have not put the right point in the skill tree ALL is unplayable, your actions count nothing = a card game (but always a big secret, descriptions count for little and nothing )

3- min 3 build, one need try beta for see what was destroyed by GGG, one for maps, one for boss (or maybe many use multi-instance with aura boot that says it all mean)

*best build? avoid interaction and shoot all, avoid build list with many views is a trap

I played for many hours and honestly this game is going ridiculous, simple answer is "you are noob", "yes i am" with 30 years of gameplay and a pc that goes well into the 98% of games in the world, i could also give a simple answer to this game and how it became but i still wait for this game to be finalized

again after years... yes my response is simple now
Last edited by Jumy on Jun 7, 2018, 4:06:32 AM
"
... will now FOR SURE take their time to carefully design their temples, minding every layout, stone key placement and architect kill in every single fucking incursion IN ADVANCE to get the best gameplay experience.

LOL

That's exactly how I play. It's not just random button smashing, you have to clear the instance in a way that ends at the door you want to open, possibly killing the architect you want alongside. This will almost guarantee you success (provided you have enough DPS). Incursion has elements of strategy and planning, Bestiary was just random spawn.

"
AND at all the "SSF players" here: Every player with a brain, no matter if SSF or not, knows that bestiary was gold for SSF, there is no league even close to it. So the fact that you say the exact opposite of commonly agreed knowledge shows that you dont have any idea what you are talking about but also that you dont play SSF most probably.

I've played SSF exclusively since the mode was introduced (ofc I have Standart chars from before, doh!).

Bestiary had some nice QoL for SSF but nothing that would make or break the playstlye. MS boots, stauching & warding flask, 5 prophecies... Most of the recipes were garbage (inferior to essence crafting) and most of them were random access & extremely rare. I can live without those silly nets and 1 billion HP red beast encounters.

Incursion is a goldmine for SSF - orbs, quality gems, OP leveling gear, altar of sacrifice, lootsplosions at every incursion (too much tbh)... and is much more deterministic than Bestiary. I haven't explored the temple fully yet (I dont read spoilers), so I'm guessing there is even more cool stuff awaiting...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jun 7, 2018, 5:38:31 AM
Wow didn't even know about these mods.

Beastiary should be added as optional content i think

The shitty beasts were just so overpowered and annoying
Need more brains, exile?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info