How Poe elites ruined Bestiary AND Incursion - Bestiary you will be missed.

I love beastiary too, +1 for everything of Thread Creator.

Dat split item recipe saved me like 10 000 alts, no flask crafting saved me another 300 alts, it was a quality of life league for everyone who doesnt play MF and/or trade leagues.
This league also seems insane in SSF with the level of loot explosions
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
So your entire complaint with Incursion is that it's not Bestiary. You are aware that's what almost all of your points boil down to, right? I get it. You liked Bestiary. I sympathize with you about it being binned (even though I didn't like it myself, I can still relate, and I was still very much surprised at the choice by GGG).

But you do realize that's the absolute most petty, superficial reason to dislike something ever, right? That's like not liking tea because it's not coffee. Surely you can dislike this league for more specific, valid reasons, right?
"
Foxfirega wrote:
So your entire complaint with Incursion is that it's not Bestiary.

Have you even read my thread? Im mainly complaining about the awesome content that is removed.

see:
"
Lewnatic wrote:
My main problem with incursion is that bestiary content is not available, no-endgame goals and no ways to improve my characters. I need to invest 300% more time(Because of the 25% chance of unique beeing removed with corrupting) to achieve 75% of charactersrenght compared bestiary in this league now on SSF or Soft-SSF. For that reason i don´t want to play this league.

Edit: Also Incursion is not the problem. Incursion itselfs is great. But there is so much content removed and missing that it does not feel like anything new.
Last edited by Lewnatic on Jun 3, 2018, 12:11:31 PM
Completely agree with OP's assertions.

I was extremely disappointed when GGG announced they were not going to implement bestiary standard instead refining some of the poorly implemented mechanics that overshadowed what was otherwise an excellent addition to the game.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Jun 3, 2018, 12:20:55 PM
Everything in the OP is wrong.

1.) SSF is not "crippled" (it worked just fine before Bestiary)
2.) Incursion is more packed with content than Breach, Harb... Bestiary missing does not "take away" from Incursion. It cant.
3.) Bestiary was still a DPS check and was boring to chip away insane HP pools with mediocre builds / gear
4.) Incursion has leveling items too. Even more OP than Bestiary.
5.) 99% crappy recipes (rhoa feathers, lol) does not take away from Incursion
6.) "no endgame", lul :>
and so on... 100% wrong premises, 100% wrong conclusions..
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jun 3, 2018, 12:33:58 PM
liked the added difficulty of bestiary, there is no better speedrun stopper than a rare beast chasing you. and it added so much more choices to the player, it's been absolutely great.

i'm not sure what eventually led ggg to cancel it. i'm not buying their excuse of "having to put too much work into it" and i don't think reddit is to blame cause if ggg did a full stop on every shitstorm there the game would have no content.

i personally think (put's conspiracy hut on) that some more influential powers decided not to like it. in that regard, did they roll out bestiary in china?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
1.) SSF is not "crippled" (it worked just fine before Bestiary)

What about the content that i wrote in my thread then?

"
2.)Incursion is more packed with content than Breach, Harb... Bestiary missing does not "take away" from Incursion. It cant.

Besides the content that i wrote down in my thread. X)

"
3.) Bestiary was still a DPS check and was boring to chip away insane HP pools with mediocre builds / gear

Okay i get that one. But what if you just skip the mobs? (yes this was a thing)

"
4.) Incursion has leveling items too. Even more OP than Bestiary.

Thats just not false(Because of over 50 leveling beastcrafts alone). Its double false since in Incursion the leveling items are hidden behind RNG and not deterministic.

"
5.) 99% crappy recipes (rhoa feathers, lol) does not take away from Incursion

And yet every recipe had its niche and purpose. So because you don´t play this and that build or because u don´t play SSF just remove it?

"
6.) "no endgame", lul :>

Uh yeah. Uber Elder?

"
and so on... 100% wrong premises, 100% wrong conclusions..

Not even close.
Last edited by Lewnatic on Jun 3, 2018, 12:53:24 PM
I'm not sorry to see Bestiary go away. I'm very concerned that Einhar Frey will not be able to release all the caged beasts back to their habitat. The beasts were treated very terribly: first by the exile severely wounding it (so the net can hold it long enough for Einhar to take to the menagerie) or killing it and then resurrecting it. Second the beasts were put in cages/pens in a very confined space. That severely traumatized them. Thirdly, the beasts were then taken into a confined space (the sacrificing arena) and forced to fight with other weird beasts for their lives (which always led to their final death). Even though some of the beasts are hideously grotesque it's still a terrible thing for humans to do (regardless if some of them came to be because of a human genetics experiment that had gone wrong).

So I'm glad GGG stopped this (even if it was just to save themselves from tons of extra coding work every new league).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
My main issues with Bestiary were twofold.

First was all the massive amounts of memorization needed to do crafting without accidentally wasting a precious beast.

Every few crafts I'd look at the beasts being placed in when I selected the recipe and go 'wait, why is it wasting a Saqawine Retch on this recipe when all that is needed is a rare Avian?' (Saqauine Retches were expensive because of the perhaps 1 in 400 chance to get a Headhunter from one recipe with them).

Second was the clunkiness of nets and how they just didn't fit in with the main way POE is played beyond low level, which is fast.

If these could be solved I'd be happy to see Bestiary back, but I see no solutions.

Le Toucan Will Return

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info